PDA

View Full Version : Sapp on NFL Network this morning, round table style

Mister Pittsburgh
11-05-2011, 11:45 AM
All of them predicted Baltimore to beat us. Sapp said he was right, the only reason young guys are emerging is because of the old guys wheels already falling off. Said the Ravens are black and purple for a reason, they like to fight, and they are going to come in to Heinz Field and out-physical us again.

Sapp also said our offense only looked good last week because the Pats defense is so wretched and our offense will be back to sputtering this week.

NFL Network sucks. I saw a show last night called 'Turning Point' and it was on the Steelers - Pats game. Apparently the turning point was the refs bad call on Grankowski's (TE's) TD that was ruled not a touchdown, then on the failed onside kick call. They ended the show saying Troy should of been flagged for punching the ball, which we all know is bullcrap, and essentially made it seem that we only won because of NE's errors, not our good play.

I love it. I hope they stream all the negative publicity down at the South Side and in the lockerroom.

RuthlessBurgher
11-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I thought the guys who GET beat up are black and purple? :?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-05-2011, 12:24 PM
I thought the guys who GET beat up are black and purple? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:Cheers

Discipline of Steel
11-05-2011, 12:34 PM
NFL Network sucks. I saw a show last night called 'Turning Point' and it was on the Steelers - Pats game. Apparently the turning point was the refs bad call on Grankowski's (TE's) TD that was ruled not a touchdown, then on the failed onside kick call. They ended the show saying Troy should of been flagged for punching the ball, which we all know is bullcrap, and essentially made it seem that we only won because of NE's errors, not our good play.

Who cares what Fatt Sapp says.

I think the thurning point in the NE *s game was NEs first offensive drive, 3 and out. It was sandwiched in between two long Steeler drives for scores and really looked like it took the wind out of their sails. Frankly, i was disappointed they even had a chance toward the end of the game after how poorly they started.

Pahn711
11-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Who cares what Fatt Sapp says.

:Agree

Hes been wrong about a lot of things this year so far, and I believe his W-L prediction record is atrocious on Inside the NFL again. I'm not sure why he has any credibility.

DukieBoy
11-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Fatt Sapp says this crap now. If the Steelers go far into the playoffs he'll take credit for that saying he inspired them. Fatt Sapp wants attention. This is as much attention as I will give him.

Jigawatts
11-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Coach genious could have challenged that no td call, right? :wft

Scarletfire1970
11-05-2011, 05:05 PM
All of them predicted Baltimore to beat us. Sapp said he was right, the only reason young guys are emerging is because of the old guys wheels already falling off. Said the Ravens are black and purple for a reason, they like to fight, and they are going to come in to Heinz Field and out-physical us again.

Sapp also said our offense only looked good last week because the Pats defense is so wretched and our offense will be back to sputtering this week.

I love it. I hope they stream all the negative publicity down at the South Side and in the lockerroom.Well NE's defense is bad. Real bad. I think this will be a tough game for the Steelers to win with all the injuries on defense. This is not a team our offense typically plays well against so I don't really blame them for picking the Rats. The Rats defense is not even in the same universe as the Pats defense.

All that said, I hope somehow we kick their butts. And if we do? The Rats are done. If we don't, we are still in it, but will need to get healthy and go on the road in the playoffs to win, which we know we can do.

Sugar
11-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I didn't see it. From what you said, it sounds like he had some valid points actually. The biggest thing to me is that the Ravens are almost always a tough game for us even when our D is fairly healthy. With two of our three biggest playmakers on D out of the game, that doesn't bode well for us.

This is a rivalry game. You can throw out the Jags and Cards games as comparitors because they don't mean a thing here.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-05-2011, 11:55 PM
I think we are a totally different team offensively, and that we had a cake camp. Gotta get rid of the ball quick on offense & gotta stuff the run & play man .

BradshawsHairdresser
11-06-2011, 02:24 AM
Fat Sapp
full of crap
Steelers win
will shut his yap

feltdizz
11-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Talking heads are paid to talk... his opinion has no effect on the outcome of the game.

Northern_Blitz
11-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I prefer that the Steeler's accomplishment last week is being minimized like this. This group of players seems to play much better when they are overlooked or underdogs. They also play poorly when favoured (see: SB title defences, wk 1 this year).