PDA

View Full Version : From the Trib...Harrison May Play

papillon
11-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Woodley out, Harrison likely in for Steelers
By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, November 4, 2011
Last updated: 3:10 pm

The Steelers have officially ruled out outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley for Sunday's game against the Ravens.

While Woodley (hamstring) is out, outside linebacker James Harrison is likely to play against the Ravens after going through a full practice today. Harrison, who is listed as probable for Sunday, is awaiting official medical clearance to return to the playing field.

Harrison has missed the last four games because of a right orbital fracture.

"I'd definitely like to go," Harrison said after practice today. "I hope they don't got me out here practicing for nothing."

James Farrior, who didn't play last week because of a pulled calf muscle, is also listed as questionable. Farrior practiced on a limited basis today and said he is "ready" to play Sunday.

"I feel good," Farrior said. "If (the coaches) ask me to go I'm going."

Woodley, who left last Sunday's game with a bad hamstring, had said all week that he would try to play against the Ravens. After practice today Woodley said he would be a "game-time decision."

With Woodley out, Jason Worilds is expected to start at left outside linebacker.

Lawrence Timmons will move back inside and start alongside Farrior or Larry Foote. In addition to Woodley, the Steelers have ruled out wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who is still in Texas following the death of his mother.

Wide receiver Hines Ward (ankle) is listed as questionable though he said he will play Sunday. Punter Daniel Sepulveda (knee) is also listed as questionable after practicing on a limited basis Friday.

Offensive tackle Jonathan Scott, a full participant in practice today, is listed as probable for Sunday despite an ankle injury.

Pappy

Steelerphile
11-04-2011, 03:50 PM
That should be enough strike power to get the job done. I would like see what a healthy Worilds could do with a full game. I hope he's healthy.

steelblood
11-04-2011, 04:01 PM
wait, what?

sepulveda is hurt? didn't he punt like one time last week?

papillon
11-04-2011, 04:08 PM
wait, what?

I'm with ya, I supported the move to draft him, but he's worthless if he can't play. How does a freakin kicker get injured as much as he does?

Pappy

steelblood
11-04-2011, 04:20 PM
wait, what?

I'm with ya, I supported the move to draft him, but he's worthless if he can't play. How does a freakin kicker get injured as much as he does?

Pappy

The worst part is some kid like Morty Ivy will be cut to sign another punter if we need one.

MaxAMillion
11-04-2011, 05:55 PM
We need two new kickers. Enough with Sepulveda at this point. A punter who can't be counted on to stay healthy is worthless.

winwithd
11-04-2011, 05:55 PM
I say we just go for it on fourth downs, or let Ben punt.

pittpete
11-04-2011, 06:46 PM

Surgery doesnt always make things better.
Probably mucho arthritis in those knees

SteelCrazy
11-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Here's the official Status Report:

Status Report

OUT

G Doug Legursky (toe), WR Emmanuel Sanders (knee), LB LaMarr Woodley (hamstring)

QUESTIONABLE

LB James Farrior (calf), P Daniel Sepulveda (right knee), WR Hines Ward (ankle)

PROBABLE

LB James Harrison (eye), T Jonathan Scott (ankle)
Practice Report

DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE

Wednesday

G Doug Legursky (toe), WR Emmanuel Sanders (knee)

Thursday

G Doug Legursky (toe), WR Emmanuel Sanders (knee)

Friday

G Doug Legursky (toe), WR Emmanuel Sanders (knee), LB LaMarr Woodley (hamstring)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

Wednesday

LB James Farrior (calf), LB James Harrison (eye), T Jonathan Scott (ankle), WR Hines Ward (ankle), LB LaMarr Woodley (hamstring)

Thursday

LB James Farrior (calf), LB James Harrison (eye), T Jonathan Scott (ankle), WR Hines Ward (ankle), LB LaMarr Woodley (hamstring)

Friday

LB James Farrior (calf), P Daniel Sepulveda (right knee), WR Hines Ward (ankle)

FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

Friday

LB James Harrison (eye), T Jonathan Scott (ankle)

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsbur ... urgh-james (http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2011/11/4/2538998/steelers-vs-ravens-lamarr-woodley-officially-out-for-pittsburgh-james)

drprwnap
11-04-2011, 08:58 PM
wait, what?

Pappy

The worst part is some kid like Morty Ivy will be cut to sign another punter if we need one.

Put him on IR so we can go to the Super Bowl again! :tt2

hawaiiansteel
11-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Gerry: Woodley out, Harrison should start

FRIDAY, 04 NOVEMBER 2011 WRITTEN BY GERRY DULAC

It's not official yet, but you can anticipate this:

Pro Bowl outside linebacker James Harrison, who has missed the past four games after surgery to repair a fractured orbital socket, will visit the doctor tomorrow and, if all goes well, will start against the Ravens Sunday night at Heinz Field.

Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who has 7 Ĺ sacks in the past four games, has not practiced all week and will not play after injuring his hamstring in third quarter against New England. He will be replaced on the left side by Jason Worilds.

And inside linebacker James Farrior, who did not play against the Patriots, is probably somewhere in between Ė well enough to perhaps dress but not likely to play against the Ravens.

Also, WR Hines Ward, who did not play against the Patriots, will start against the Ravens. However, WR Emmanuel Sanders will not play because his mother passed away. Jerricho Cotchery will be the fourth receiver who will line in the slot in some three-wide packages.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... ould-start (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/113012-gerry-woodley-out-harrison-should-start)

Pahn711
11-05-2011, 02:52 PM
I had an injury somewhat like Harrion's when playing football in high school, and the problem is, even if its considered fully healed (which at this point I doubt it), the frequency of head contact hits makes it hard for doctors to justify letting someone play when the repercussions can be so substantial.

Harrison has said he is not willing to risk losing eyesight, so I don't expect him to play. Heres to hoping I'm wrong.

hawaiiansteel
11-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Looking better at linebacker

SATURDAY, 05 NOVEMBER 2011 WRITTEN BY BOB SMIZIK

Itís been a good week of practice for the Steelers. They went from the probability of having none of their top four linebackers at their regular positions in the starting lineup to having four of their top six linebackers ready to go and in their proper positions for the crucial game tomorrow night against the Baltimore Ravens.

Itís still a game-time decision on right outside linebacker James Harrison, but the Steelers went from looking like this from left to right on the linebacker depth chart:

Chris Carter, Stevenson Sylvester, Larry Foote, Lawrence Timmons.

To this: Jason Worilds, Foote, Timmons, Harrison.

In the first group, only Timmons was a starter but he was out of position at right outside linebacker.

With the second group, Worilds is the teamís top replacement at outside linebacker and thereís a good chance he would have replaced Harrison, instead of moving Timmons over from the inside, if had had not been hurt at the same time.

Timmons and Harrison will be starting at their regular positions and Foote, in place of James Farrior. But Foote, a former starter, had been getting significant playing time even when the Steelers were at full strength.

Harrison is scheduled to see a doctor today to get final word on his availability and the status of the broken orbital bone that has kept him out of the lineup for four games. The Steelers are listing his as probable, which technically means he has a 75 percent chance of playing.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazet ... linebacker (http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/30664-looking-better-at-linebacker)