PDA

View Full Version : Ben makes other husbands look bad!

siss
11-03-2011, 03:55 PM
If you follow TMZ as closely as you follow ESPN, you may be aware that Ben Roethlisberger got married over the summer. The hope among Pittsburgh Steelers fans was that getting hitched might have a mellowing effect on some of Big Ben's more, uh, adventurous off-field tendencies. The jury's still out on that, but being married has had at least one visible effect for Roethlisberger on the field: He's been wearing his wedding band, covered with tape, while playing.

"I don't ever take it off," Roethlisberger says. "I wear it because it's special to me, but I cover it with tape because I don't want it to get caught on something and rip my finger off. My wife thinks it's really neat. She likes it when other people notice that I'm wearing it."

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/...ng-rings-field

He's going to start getting other guys in trouble with their wives.

"But honey, Big Ben wears his wedding ring when he beats the Patriots. Why can't you wear yours at work?"

:lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-03-2011, 06:32 PM
If you follow TMZ as closely as you follow ESPN, you may be aware that Ben Roethlisberger got married over the summer. The hope among Pittsburgh Steelers fans was that getting hitched might have a mellowing effect on some of Big Ben's more, uh, adventurous off-field tendencies. The jury's still out on that, but being married has had at least one visible effect for Roethlisberger on the field: He's been wearing his wedding band, covered with tape, while playing.

"I don't ever take it off," Roethlisberger says. "I wear it because it's special to me, but I cover it with tape because I don't want it to get caught on something and rip my finger off. My wife thinks it's really neat. She likes it when other people notice that I'm wearing it."

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/...ng-rings-field

He's going to start getting other guys in trouble with their wives.

"But honey, Big Ben wears his wedding ring when he beats the Patriots. Why can't you wear yours at work?"

:lol:

Hi Sis!

I remember when Ben was having a tough start to the season, some people were saying it was because he'd gotten married, and he'd lost his "edge".

I guess the game against the *s showed that to be false!

Sugar
11-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Um, I'm not a good looking man, but I'm pretty sure that I'm better looking than Ben. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him over any other QB in the league. But he doesn't exactly do it for the ladies ala Sanchez or Brady.

As far as the ring goes, I've hardly worn one in years. My original one was cheap and started turning my finger green. We've gotten replacements over the years, but I mostly just wear it if we go out (maybe).

Eich
11-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Good for Ben.

But I've never heard a guy anywhere near Ben's age use the word "neat" as much as he does. Didn't that word die in the 80's?

siss
11-03-2011, 09:48 PM
I agree...Someone needs to tell him it makes him sound goofy!

Starlifter
11-03-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't want to 'date' myself - but I prefer the term 'far out'.......... :D

Captain Lemming
11-04-2011, 12:37 AM

Wow, your comment was "Righteous" man.

hawaiiansteel
11-04-2011, 02:01 AM

Wow, your comment was "Righteous" man.

not to mention totally bitchin, awesome, peachy keen and outta sight man...

Ghost
11-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Ben is the bee's knees!

Slapstick
11-04-2011, 08:30 AM
He's also gnarly and totally tubular!!!

Slapstick
11-04-2011, 08:30 AM
...not to mention the cat's pajamas!!

flippy
11-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Men who wear wedding rings are more desirable to other women.

Slapstick
11-04-2011, 08:39 AM

Strange, but true.

rpmpit
11-04-2011, 08:43 AM

Only the good looking ones :lol:

flippy
11-04-2011, 08:43 AM

Strange, but true.

If I only knew this when I was single. :)

Slapstick
11-04-2011, 08:47 AM

Not necessarily. You might be surprised...

RuthlessBurgher
11-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Good for Ben.

But I've never heard a guy anywhere near Ben's age use the word "neat" as much as he does. Didn't that word die in the 80's?

http://www.rayenbelchere.com/NeatoMosquito/images/neato_posterbuy.jpg

fordfixer
11-04-2011, 02:23 PM

Not a problem for you then huh :mrgreen:

steelblood
11-04-2011, 04:07 PM
The title of this thread is hilarious.

Look, I don't believe he did everything he was accused of, but he said stuff like, "take my shots bitches," and he made out with that inebriated girl in the bathroom. I'm not exactly worried about him making me look bad when I don't wear my wedding ring to work. :wink:

siss
11-04-2011, 04:59 PM
The title of this thread is hilarious.

Look, I don't believe he did everything he was accused of, but he said stuff like, "take my shots bitches," and he made out with that inebriated girl in the bathroom. I'm not exactly worried about him making me look bad when I don't wear my wedding ring to work. :wink:

Glad I could make you laugh!