PDA

View Full Version : At 53.8, the game plan is quite simple!

Dee Dub
11-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Joe Flacco is completing only 53.8% of his passes. As a result I believe the Steelers should sell out in stopping Ray Rice and the run game of the Ravens and make Flacco beat them. In obvious passing situations (3rd and long), bring extra pressure (blitz), on Flacco, and he will make mistakes and miss completions. The Steelers have two corners who can now play press man to man coverage in Taylor and Lewis. This should enable them to bring 5 and 6 after Flacco in those passing situations. Stop the run on first and second down, and then go after Flacco in obvious passing situations and the Steelers will win this game.

pittpete
11-03-2011, 02:20 PM
The Steelers have two corners who can now play press man to man coverage in Taylor and Lewis

Lets hope we carry this mindset going forward.

papillon
11-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Joe Flacco is completing only 53.8% of his passes. As a result I believe the Steelers should sell out in stopping Ray Rice and the run game of the Ravens and make Flacco beat them. In obvious passing situations (3rd and long), bring extra pressure (blitz), on Flacco, and he will make mistakes and miss completions. The Steelers have two corners who can now play press man to man coverage in Taylor and Lewis. This should enable them to bring 5 and 6 after Flacco in those passing situations. Stop the run on first and second down, and then go after Flacco in obvious passing situations and the Steelers will win this game.

Doesn't Willie Gay start opposite Ike? I still like your plan, but I think it will be Gay and Ike.

Pappy

Dee Dub
11-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Doesn't Willie Gay start opposite Ike? I still like your plan, but I think it will be Gay and Ike.

Pappy

From what I have been seeing, for the most part, Gay has been the one to cover the slot receiver. Lewis has been out wide at the opposite corner spot more often than not.

Slapstick
11-04-2011, 08:58 AM
[quote="Dee Dub":rw59bf93]Joe Flacco is completing only 53.8% of his passes. As a result I believe the Steelers should sell out in stopping Ray Rice and the run game of the Ravens and make Flacco beat them. In obvious passing situations (3rd and long), bring extra pressure (blitz), on Flacco, and he will make mistakes and miss completions. The Steelers have two corners who can now play press man to man coverage in Taylor and Lewis. This should enable them to bring 5 and 6 after Flacco in those passing situations. Stop the run on first and second down, and then go after Flacco in obvious passing situations and the Steelers will win this game.

Pappy

From what I have been seeing, for the most part, Gay has been the one to cover the slot receiver. Lewis has been out wide at the opposite corner spot more often than not.[/quote:rw59bf93]

I think that Gay starts in the base D, but moves inside for nickel and dime packages...

steelz09
11-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Will the Steelers try to have Cortez Allen play bump and run against a guy like Evans due to his size?

SteelAbility
11-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Good analysis, but you forgot the part about not commiting 7 turnovers. :P