PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2011 Week 8 – Patriots

redundantman
11-02-2011, 10:48 PM
1. Are there any sweeter words than “3 and out for the Patriots”?

2. Wednesday evening already? Where’d the week go huh? I know I’m late but hey, its not easy being an international celebrity. I am working on many projects.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/redundantman/sluggohipsterdoofus.jpg

3. The Heinz Field turf looks fantastic … of course it isn’t quite November yet is it? I have always thought that it would be a tough job being an NFL greenskeeper – especially in the Northeast. Imagine that your life’s work involves nurturing something all week so that big, fat people can tromp all over it for 3 hours.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/redundantman/FatBritney.jpg
No, not you Britney …

4. Kind of neat to see the Steelers’ TE eating the opponent’s defense alive instead of the other way around. I hope a certain special offensive coordinator I know is taking notes … that he won’t lose …. Or smear with chili and Cheez Whiz …

5. The Steelers were using short passes to beat the Patriots. Phil Simms said something to the effect of this being a deliberate “game strategy” implemented by Bruce Arians. Now why Simms seems to think that Bruce Arians would all of a sudden up and start developing a “strategy” against the Patriots is beyond me … but that’s what Phil said. Crazy old Phil …

6. And let’s not forget LeBeau. So … does this mean that EVERY other freaking Patriots game DLB figured his cornerbacks were not good enough to play man-on-man coverage? I mean, I am no intellectual football genius like some of you guys
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2009/10/500x_curvedgun.jpg
But the Steelers seemed recently to be perfectly content having their butts handed to them by Lord Brady.

7. RE: #1 – How about, “4th and 30”?

8. I believe it was a Halloween night some years ago that the Patriots came to Pittsburgh and the Steelers beat the crap out of them. I had little hope that the Steelers would win this game. The past run-ins with the Patriots had a deja-vu like quality to them.

9. Cue the gratuitous “dominating the game statistically as opposed to dominating the game on the scoreboard” discussions.

10. You know, the Patriots were fortunate to be within one score of the Steelers at the half. It could have been much worse for them. Before we say anything else I think it is important that we enjoy that thought.

11. Steve Young was actually giving the Steelers props on Monday Night … STEVE YOUNG! If Steve can see his way to compliment the Steelers …

12. Maybe it is time to start believing, time to start enjoying, daring to love and opening ourselves to the terrible pain of defeat. This team is winning!

Cue the music …
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/redundantman/StevePerryKenLee.jpg

13. I don’t mind beating a dead horse ..

http://www.demotivationalpics.com/albums/userpics/normal_demotiv_pic_4776-beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Heck, it’s sort of my job! But I wish I had a dime for every thread I read, authored well-intentioned Steelers fans peddling the easy (but clearly over-simplistic) answer that all the Steelers had to do to beat the Patriots was to play press-coverage. And that would only be right because that was my idea!

14. But that only works if the offense can do its part. And the offense did its part. See the beauty there?

15. And stop it about Ben’s pick already! Did it suck? Yes. Was it Ben’s fault and did it almost single-handedly keep the Patriots in the game? Yes. Did Ben humiliate their pathetic defense the other 59 minutes and 45 seconds? Yes. Well, not quite 59 minutes and 45 seconds. I think I recall that there were some Patriot offensive plays somewhere …

16. Perspective: Easy: enjoy it. Don’t complicate it. Stop looking for deeper meanings. Enjoy the silence from the Pats trolls. Enjoy this win.

fordfixer
11-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Well done Sir :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2011, 12:50 AM
I really enjoy reading your weekly posts, they're always good for a couple of laughs. :lol: :lol:

thanks redundantman :Cheers

http://trishborgdorff.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/live-laugh-love.png

Sonny
11-03-2011, 12:56 AM
The Bill Simmons of Pittsburgh. A compliment because I like his writing, too.

Scarletfire1970
11-03-2011, 07:05 AM
I missed Steve Youngs comments on the STeelers. What did he say? Did he finally give Ben any props?

Chachi
11-03-2011, 08:51 AM
I'd say an argument could be made having the game stay close was to our advantage. If we had scored all those TDs instaed of FGs, no doubt our foot would have come off the pedal allowing the Pats more room to regroup.

flippy
11-03-2011, 09:57 AM
I was thinking that maybe Dick Lebeau realizes he doesn't have a pass rush any more and that's what lead him to change his approach.

Wonder if we would have seen the same old same old if James Harrison was playing?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-03-2011, 10:22 AM
I was thinking that maybe bad word Lebeau realizes he doesn't have a pass rush any more and that's what lead him to change his approach.

Wonder if we would have seen the same old same old if James Harrison was playing?

Maybe a combination of that and having the best set of corners since.........I'd have to say Woodson, Williams, Figures, Oldham, and Lake who could cover like a corner. That in an era that is not as pass happy as this season.

redundantman
11-04-2011, 01:20 PM
I really enjoy reading your weekly posts, they're always good for a couple of laughs. :lol: :lol:

thanks redundantman :Cheers

http://trishborgdorff.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/live-laugh-love.png

Well done Sir :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

The Bill Simmons of Pittsburgh. A compliment because I like his writing, too.

Hey thank you guys! Always good to get feedback!

redundantman
11-04-2011, 01:22 PM
I missed Steve Youngs comments on the STeelers. What did he say? Did he finally give Ben any props?

Steve Young DID give Ben teh props!!!1

I don't recall the exact words but he did. I was stunned.

redundantman
11-04-2011, 01:23 PM
I'd say an argument could be made having the game stay close was to our advantage. If we had scored all those TDs instaed of FGs, no doubt our foot would have come off the pedal allowing the Pats more room to regroup.

Maybe. I hadn't considered that angle but it could be.

redundantman
11-04-2011, 01:25 PM
I was thinking that maybe bad word Lebeau realizes he doesn't have a pass rush any more and that's what lead him to change his approach.

A good D coordinator creates a game plan that reflects the player's abilities. I assume that if James Harrison is playing the Steelers would have behaved differently. Anyone dying to get Harrison back out there?

papillon
11-04-2011, 01:44 PM

A good D coordinator creates a game plan that reflects the player's abilities. I assume that if James Harrison is playing the Steelers would have behaved differently. Anyone dying to get Harrison back out there?

I wanted Silverback on the field yesterday. He's too much fun to watch and he's an unbelievable linebacker.

Pappy

Sugar
11-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Not a dis on posters with thousands of posts, but this is good stuff. I was shocked to see Reduntantman with the status of "Rookie." This means fairly few posts, but we in general love 'em. :Clap

Scarletfire1970
11-04-2011, 09:25 PM

Steve Young DID give Ben teh props!!!1

I don't recall the exact words but he did. I was stunned.
He must have been drunk. I am sure he will forget it next time he talks about him.

SteelAbility
11-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Good thoughts once again RM.

On another note, after SB43, I recall Steve Young vehemently making a case for why Ben should have been MVP. :moon