PDA

View Full Version : Suggs turns up the volume on Steelers

SteelCrazy
11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Terrell Suggs' interviews before Ravens-Pittsburgh Steelers games have always been worth a listen, and the colorful linebacker certainly didn't disappoint today.

Suggs didn't back off from his statement after Week One that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's [butt] belongs to him. He also pleaded for Pittsburgh wide receiver Hines Ward to play, and called his own team "the enemy of the state."

We have been declared war upon. We are the enemy of the state," Suggs said. "[Heinz Field] is my Madison Square Garden. I love playing in this stadium, I love the way the people treat me, the welcoming they give me with the No. 1’s. I love it. We’re going on the road in probably the toughest stadium to play in the NFL. We’re expecting a physical football game. This is football. I’m guaranteeing the NFL, the world will stop for this game, and everybody wants to see it. We will be ready.

"Like I said, there is the Super Bowl and then there is Ravens-Steelers. Everybody will be watching this game."

Suggs has sacked Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger 15 1/2 times, more than any other defender in the NFL. Suggs also sacked him three times in the Ravens' 35-7 Week One win over Pittsburgh.

"You all know the numbers. There is nobody who can do it better than me," Suggs said. "It’s going to be fun. I’m pretty sure that they’ll have something in store to make sure I don’t have a day, but like I said, I love being the bad guy. Whatever they’re going to do, we’re going to act accordingly."

Suggs then looked into the camera and begged Ward to play Sunday. Ward missed the Steelers' victory over the New England with an ankle injury.

"I’m looking right at you 86. I need you to play," Suggs said. "Please put on that 86, that smile and all the things you do. We need all that for this this game.’

Asked if he expects the Steelers to be motivated by the Week One loss, Suggs said, "We think their piss is going to be a little hot. They’re definitely going to have some ‘Let’s get after them’ to their game. But in hindsight, who knocked us out of the playoffs last year? IN 2008, a certain team beat us to go to the Super Bowl, and danced all over the field, held up the AFC Championship trophy. We had to sit by and watch that. There’s a little salt in the wound on both sides.

"Ray Rice said, 'We don’t have to see them again [after Sunday].' I disagree. We’re definitely going to have to see those guys again, but every team has that. Peyton Manning had to go through New England. [Lebron] James has to go through Boston. [Michael] Jordan had to go through the Pistons. We’re definitely going to have to see them again especially to achieve what we want to achieve."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... 2739.story (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-suggs-unplugged-20111102,0,4112739.story)

Sugar
11-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Like it or not, the man has earned the right to speak with his deeds.

costanza2k1
11-02-2011, 03:17 PM
I love it, this is what keeps the hatred going amongst the teams. I do believe the players respect each other, nothing wrong with saying what you feel and then backing it up. We have no room to talk after we got it handed to us earlier in the year...those were and are some deep wounds...

Steelers>NFL
11-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Suggs is a thorn in the Ben/Steelers side. No doubt about it. He is a bad mofo!
I'd take him on this Steelers anyday.

Jigawatts
11-02-2011, 03:39 PM

:Agree

Let's just keep him in check on Sunday night.

RuthlessBurgher
11-02-2011, 03:47 PM

And you know for damn sure that Suggs would happily toss Flacco's sorry ass to the curb for a chance to play on a team with Roethlisberger at QB. You know Suggs respects the hell out of Ben, and likely has disdain for Flacco much of the time (see: Jags game, first half against Arizona, etc.).

Steelers>NFL
11-02-2011, 04:35 PM

And you know for damn sure that Suggs would happily toss Flacco's sorry bad word to the curb for a chance to play on a team with Roethlisberger at QB. You know Suggs respects the hell out of Ben, and likely has disdain for Flacco much of the time (see: Jags game, first half against Arizona, etc.).

Nah, Suggs loves Flacco. He thinks he is all but an elite QB.

hawaiiansteel
11-02-2011, 04:35 PM

MarkKaboly_Trib via twitter:

Terrell Suggs career stats against Steelers: 17 games, 13.5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 5 pass defenses, 1 interception.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1cZhLcuvK (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/#ixzz1cZhLcuvK)

StarSpangledSteeler
11-02-2011, 04:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRPWABWwWd0

Maybe we should play this on the Jumbotron pre-game?

Sonny
11-02-2011, 04:39 PM
I wonder what Porter would say if he was still here.

It's nice comparing themselves to LeBron, Jordan, etc, but with Flacco they are never going to get to where they want to get.

I'm very curious to see where this franchise will go once Ray Lewis retires and Ed Reed gets up there.

You have great organizations that no matter who is playing, they will always be great. Steelers, Lakers, Yankees...and then you have organizations that get lucky with the right picks and put together a hell of a run, but were nothing before and nothing after. 49ers, Bulls, soon to be Patriots once Brady retires. Colts too.

Ever since the Ravens have been the Ravens, they have had Ray Lewis. Will they revert back to being the Browns? Sometimes good, but not conisistent like they have been?

Pahn711
11-02-2011, 05:16 PM

In check? Doubtful, but at least Max Starks can't possibly be worse than Scott in the opener. As long as Ben sticks with the short pass again, shouldn't be a problem.

Jigawatts
11-02-2011, 06:31 PM

In check? Doubtful, but at least Max Starks can't possibly be worse than Scott in the opener. As long as Ben sticks with the short pass again, shouldn't be a problem.

No doubt Suggs will cause a ruckus, as he always does, but I'd be happy if he didn't
make any game changing "splash plays"

Captain Lemming
11-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Yeah, unlike my hatred for Ray, I cant help but respect Suggs.

I remember when he rated his draft class he rated Troy #1 over himself.

He said "if you wanna be the king, you gotta have the rings". I got mad respect for that.

He tells the truth, and he has earned the right to talk about getting Ben cause he does it.

Its up to Max and the rest to shut him up on the field.

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2011, 01:20 AM
first Brady owns LeBeau, now Suggs owns Ben... : :roll:
after this Sunday night's game, we'll be saying this to you Terrelle: :owned

Suggs says he still owns Roethlisberger

NOV 2
By Jamison Hensley

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs has never hid his hatred for the Steelers. He wore a T-shirt before last season's playoff game that featured a cartoon Raven giving an obscene hand gesture under the words "Hey Pittsburgh."

So, Suggs didn't mince words when talking about Sunday night's game at Heinz Field.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1207/nfl_g_suggsroethlisberger_jh_200.jpg

Terrell Suggs has sacked Steelers quarterbeck Ben Roethlisberger 15.5 times in his career.

"They already declared war on us," Suggs said. "We're taking 53 men to the apocalypse and we ain't bringing flowers."

Suggs loves this rivalry and it's not a coincidence that some of his best games have come against the Steelers. He recorded three sacks and two forced fumbles in the season-opening 35-7 win over the Steelers. Suggs has sacked Roethlisberger 15.5 times (including playoffs), the most any NFL defender has dropped the Steelers quarterback.

After that game, Suggs said about Roethlisberger, "His soul may belong to God, but his [butt] belongs to me."

Asked today whether he still owns Roethlisberger's "posterior," Suggs responded, "You all know the numbers. There is nobody who can do it better than me."

Suggs also had a message for wide receiver Hines Ward, who missed last Sunday's game with an ankle sprain. Ward has long been the most disliked Steelers player for the Ravens because of his hits.

Looking into the cameras, Suggs put his hands together as if he were begging and said, "I’m looking right at you 86. I need you to play. Please put on that 86, that smile and all the things you do. We need all that for this game."

Suggs said the Ravens will be ready to live up to the game's hype.

"I’m guaranteeing the NFL, the world will stop for this game, and everybody wants to see it," he said. "Like I said, there is the Super Bowl and then there is Ravens-Steelers. Everybody will be watching this game."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... hlisberger (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/47618/suggs-says-he-still-owns-roethlisberger)

SteelCrazy
11-03-2011, 07:50 AM
first Brady owns LeBeau, now Suggs owns Ben... : :roll:
after this Sunday night's game, we'll be saying this to you Terrelle: :owned

Suggs says he still owns Roethlisberger

NOV 2
By Jamison Hensley

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs has never hid his hatred for the Steelers. He wore a T-shirt before last season's playoff game that featured a cartoon Raven giving an obscene hand gesture under the words "Hey Pittsburgh."

So, Suggs didn't mince words when talking about Sunday night's game at Heinz Field.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1207/nfl_g_suggsroethlisberger_jh_200.jpg

Terrell Suggs has sacked Steelers quarterbeck Ben Roethlisberger 15.5 times in his career.

"They already declared war on us," Suggs said. "We're taking 53 men to the apocalypse and we ain't bringing flowers."

Suggs loves this rivalry and it's not a coincidence that some of his best games have come against the Steelers. He recorded three sacks and two forced fumbles in the season-opening 35-7 win over the Steelers. Suggs has sacked Roethlisberger 15.5 times (including playoffs), the most any NFL defender has dropped the Steelers quarterback.

After that game, Suggs said about Roethlisberger, "His soul may belong to God, but his [butt] belongs to me."

Asked today whether he still owns Roethlisberger's "posterior," Suggs responded, "You all know the numbers. There is nobody who can do it better than me."

Suggs also had a message for wide receiver Hines Ward, who missed last Sunday's game with an ankle sprain. Ward has long been the most disliked Steelers player for the Ravens because of his hits.

Looking into the cameras, Suggs put his hands together as if he were begging and said, "I’m looking right at you 86. I need you to play. Please put on that 86, that smile and all the things you do. We need all that for this game."

Suggs said the Ravens will be ready to live up to the game's hype.

"I’m guaranteeing the NFL, the world will stop for this game, and everybody wants to see it," he said. "Like I said, there is the Super Bowl and then there is Ravens-Steelers. Everybody will be watching this game."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... hlisberger (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/47618/suggs-says-he-still-owns-roethlisberger)

Hopefully Kemo gets his guaranteed 15 yard personal for hitting Suggs.

steelz09
11-03-2011, 10:39 AM
I just hope we find a way to block Suggs for once.

He has completely dominated the Steelers o-line no matter where he lines up. Someone, please someone, block this freakin' guy.

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Terrell Suggs: “Ravens-Steelers gets everybody’s piss hot”

Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/suggsap.jpg?w=250

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs rarely pulls punches when it’s time to talk. And he was talking plenty on Wednesday during a conference call with reporters.

“Ravens-Steelers gets everybody’s piss hot,” Suggs said. “We know what this game’s about. F–k it. Let’s do it.”

Suggs said the Ravens are “expecting a lot” from the Steelers, given the Ravens’ 35-7 win over the Steelers in Week One, which prompted some in the media to declare the Steelers’ mini-dynasty over.

“I consider Heinz Field my Madison Square Garden,” Suggs said. “In my eyes, if you’re an opponent and you want to go into a hostile environment, what better than Heinz Field. . . . I don’t think there’s a player they hate more than me. But I love that.”

He expects “the most physical game of the year,” and that he’ll be “really disappointed” if Hines Ward (ankle) doesn’t play. “86 has gotta play. I need him personally to play. For me. That’s when my piss will be definitely hot.” (Maybe Terrell needs to see a urologist.)

“We got our soldiers,” Suggs said. “We’ll be prepared for battle like [Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's] will be.”

Suggs said that the Steelers are the “only team we consider having our hands full with,” given Pittsburgh’s ability to run the ball and pass the ball. “We’re built for them, they’re built for us, and I think we’re the only two teams that can play each other the way we do.”

Still, there’s one thing Suggs likes about the Steelers. He liked it when they hit Patriots quarterback Tom Brady on Sunday.

Even mortal enemies can find a small sliver of middle ground. Between these two teams, however, that’s about it.

“There’s the Super Bowl, and then there’s Ravens-Steelers,” Suggs said.

The Super Bowl will be on NBC in February. Ravens-Steelers gets started Sunday night at 8:20 p.m. ET.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -piss-hot/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/03/terrell-suggs-ravens-steelers-gets-everybodys-piss-hot/)

Slapstick
11-03-2011, 02:44 PM
I have no interest in whether or not it burns when Suggs pees...

RuthlessBurgher
11-03-2011, 05:46 PM
I have no interest in whether or not it burns when Suggs pees...

Well, it makes sense, since Baltimore was named the STD Capital of the U.S. according to the Center for Disease Control's 2000 STD Surveillance Report.

snarky
11-04-2011, 12:44 PM
I think Suggs has done his part to make this rivalry enjoyable.

Ray Lewis on the other hand. Well, let's just say I only understand about 30% of what he says to begin with.

hawaiiansteel
11-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Suggs brings “cape of confidence” to Heinz Field

Posted by Mike Florio on November 6, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/suggsap1-e1320609965881.jpg?w=250

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs is a sack machine during games, and often a quote machine before them.

This week, Suggs has been talking a black-and-gold streak, with conference calls and press conferences and interviews regarding the Pittsburgh Steelers. In an interview with Bob Costas to be aired during tonight’s edition of Football Night in America, Suggs talks about a variety of topics, including his feelings on whether the Ravens can complete the sweep.

“This time I’m walking in there with a big cape of confidence,” Suggs told Costas. “I know we can do it. I know we can. Times before I walked in there, I’d be like, let me see how this one is going to go. This time, I know we gonna do it.”

Suggs claims that he’s ambivalent about Baltimore’s opponent. “I don’t have any feelings towards them to be totally honest with you,” Suggs said. “Whenever I see those two colors together or a certain someone smiling at me, I don’t get no feeling at all.”

Suggs was talking about Hines Ward, even though Suggs will refer to Ward only by his number. “They’re the enemy,” Suggs said. “They’re the enemy.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... inz-field/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/06/suggs-brings-cape-of-confidence-to-heinz-field/)