PDA

View Full Version : Ben playing the best ball of his career?

Sonny
11-02-2011, 12:34 PM
There was a point in time where Tom Brady was known as a winner. A guy that you could count on in the clutch and win Super Bowls with, but people were always hesitant to put him up there with Manning because he didn't have the stats. Now I would much rather win Super Bowls, but we all as fans like it when our QB gets mentioned among the best, starts making Pro Bowls, because let's face it, all of that matters at the end of a career.

I guess my question is, is he finally getting that respect from other fanbases, because RIGHT NOW, the only one playing better football is Rodgers and even putting a guy like Brees in front of him is a joke. I still wish he would stop with the bonehead picks, but the stats are there.

I just want to know where he ranks right now.

Shawn
11-02-2011, 12:52 PM
IMO, Ben is playing the best ball of his career right now. Of course, he started slow but has been money since the return of Starks.

Honestly, there is only one guy in the NFL I consider a better QB at this point and that is Aaron Rodgers.

SteelCrazy
11-02-2011, 01:26 PM
I think he's playing at about par for his career. He's always been this good, but only a few tend to see that and most go by what is printed on the net and papers and discussed on t.v.

without looking, I'm willing to bet his career averages are near this season's averages. Im going to go look cause I peaked my curiosity.

Steelhere10
11-02-2011, 01:30 PM
No! Pre motorcycle accident was his best IMO..

SteelCrazy
11-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Ben's Career completion % is 63.2 this year it is 64.4
Career Yards per attempt 8.0 this year 8.1
Career yards per completion 12.7 this year 12.6
Career int average 12.2 this year his thrown 7 on pace for 14
career QB rating 92.8 this year 95.7
career yards per year average 3214 this year 2302 on pace for 4604 (the yards are about the only significant difference in his game and they may be a result of the young burners and he is chucking it a lot more like in 2009.)

Sonny
11-02-2011, 02:25 PM
I think now more than ever, everyone is throwing out the old Steeler stereotypes, and realizing that this is Ben's team. No more defense and running the ball and carrying Ben. He is the offense.

Exciting times. The most explosive offense I've seen from the Steelers, save a few games from the Maddox to Plex era.

Sonny
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I think now more than ever, everyone is throwing out the old Steeler stereotypes, and realizing that this is Ben's team. No more defense and running the ball and carrying Ben. He is the offense.

Exciting times. The most explosive offense I've seen from the Steelers, save a few games from the Maddox to Plex era.

flippy
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Flippy's QB Rankings

1. Ben
2. Who cares?

The only QB that is capable of surpassing Ben long term is Cam Newton. Those 2 are going to be what every team looks for in the future.

They are naturals.

Every other QB has to work to achieve what those guys have naturally.

Every other QB can be game planned for, but with these 2 guys they naturally adjust/react to what a defense is doing.

Slapstick
11-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Over the last four games, I think Roethlisberger is playing as well as any "elite" QB...

Big Ben: 146 Att. - 98 Comp. - 67.1% - 1154 Yds - 7.9 Y/A - 11 TDs - 2 INTs - Rat. 110.4

Brees: 169 Att. - 122 Comp. - 72.2% - 1336 Yds - 7.9 Y/A - 9 TDs - 6 INTs - Rat. 98.1

Brady: 139 Att. - 91 Comp. - 65.5% - 1034 Yds - 7.4 Y/A - 7 TDs - 3 INTs - Rat. 95.4

Rodgers: 136 Att. - 97 Comp. - 71.3% - 1455 Yds - 10.7 Y/A - 12 TDs - 2 INTs - Rat. 129.4

Rodgers is playing out of his mind right now, but only he and Ben have gone 4-0 over the last four games...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-02-2011, 03:32 PM
"Ben playing the best ball of his career?"

Can I answer after we play the Ravens Sunday night?

:ratsuck :ratsuck

Sonny
11-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Rodgers YPA is sick.

Interesting that in probably Ben's best 4 game stretch, his YPA has gone down a tad.

feltdizz
11-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Ben's YPA has gone down and so have the sacks.

I think Ben is playing good ball but he isn't playoing his best. We've seen Ben in a zone and when he is at his best we aren't kicking 4 FG's... Those would be touchdowns.

He is playing much better but still think he will improve in the next few weeks. IMO I think he is just starting to get his swagger back.

Scarletfire1970
11-02-2011, 07:40 PM

I think Ben is playing good ball but he isn't playoing his best. We've seen Ben in a zone and when he is at his best we aren't kicking 4 FG's... Those would be touchdowns.

He is playing much better but still think he will improve in the next few weeks. IMO I think he is just starting to get his swagger back.
So the failures in the redzone are all on Ben?

hawaiiansteel
11-02-2011, 08:09 PM

no, we're more than happy to assign some of the blame for our red zone failures to Bruce Arians' play calling... :D

Captain Lemming
11-02-2011, 08:22 PM

No...

But in 2007 (post accident) Ben was a Red Zone Beast.

feltdizz
11-03-2011, 09:36 AM

I didn't say that...

When Ben is at his best we didn't worry about other players failing to do their job because Ben was too busy making magic happen.

ikestops85
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM

I didn't say that...

When Ben is at his best we didn't worry about other players failing to do their job because Ben was too busy making magic happen.

I think we have had red zone problems since we lost our short yardage/goal line running game. People no longer have to fear us running it down their throat so the play action near the goal line isn't as effective.

We need to execute better in the red zone ... period!