PDA

View Full Version : Can we keep up the intensity?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-02-2011, 07:35 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I am still on an emotional high after Squeegee-ing the Pats* all over the field this past week.

But the Ravens game is more important from the point of a playoff run. I sure hope Tomlin and crew have been able to make the team forget about last Sunday, and focus with laser-like intensity on this coming Sunday night!

:ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck

Slapstick
11-02-2011, 11:32 AM
After the whuppin' the Ravens put down on the Steelers week 1, I doubt that will be a problem...

I am much more worried about the Cincinnati road game following the Patriots and Ravens...

BradshawsHairdresser
11-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm not worried about the team's intensity for the Ravens game...I am concerned about stopping Rice and Flacco with three of our starting four linebackers possibly out...

Shawn
11-02-2011, 12:54 PM
I think the key to keeping up the intensity is keeping the field young. Heyward, Hood, Sylvester, Brown and Sanders all need to see more action. Ward, Smith, and Farrior need to move aside for the youngsters.

chiken
11-02-2011, 01:01 PM
The only "Stand" out Linebacker we'll have available is Timmons and he is playing out of position. I worry about this. We'll have to blitz a ton and play tight man again which gives us a chance.. But that might open it up for Rice to have a field day..

something tells me that this might be the shoot out game that we thought we were going to have last week.

RuthlessBurgher
11-02-2011, 01:17 PM
I think the key to keeping up the intensity is keeping the field young. Heyward, Hood, Sylvester, Brown and Sanders all need to see more action. Ward, Smith, and Farrior need to move aside for the youngsters.

Well, Smith's already on season-ending I.R., looks like Farrior's calf may keep him out for a month, and we'll have to see about Ward's ankle when he tries to practice, so all of that young blood should be playing significant minutes out of necessity at this point. All those young-uns should continue to see meaningful minutes on gameday regardless of the veteran injury status, though.

Sugar
11-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm not worried about the team's intensity for the Ravens game...I am concerned about stopping Rice and Flacco with three of our starting four linebackers possibly out...

:Agree

This is key. A lot of people are making a big deal out of it, but it needs to be said. We go life and death with these guys when healthy. I will be really impressed if we can pull this one out. The Ravens broke out of their funk in the second half against the Cards while we couldn't put it in the end zone in the second half against a far worse Defense.
:ratsuck

The next week against the Bengals isn't a gimme either. They have a top 5 Defense as well and are hungry to prove a point.

:bungalssuck