PDA

View Full Version : Mind Games?

AkronSteel
11-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Are the Steelers playing mind games with the Ravens regarding some of the injuries they have suffered at LB? Before Tomlin's presser I was convinced that none of the LB's (Harrison, Woodley, Farrior) would be playing this week but after hearing Mr. Mike today I have a better feeling for where they are at as far as injuries. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Steelers have 2 of the 3 ready to go come Sunday night. I really like where this football team is right now and I have the feeling that there are some behind the scenes things going on that will make it things a little more difficult for the Rats to game plan for. Tomlin evened mentioned using some 4 DL formations if necessary. This game will really give us a good understanding of where both teams are as we go into the 2nd half of the year and I expect the Steelers will come ready to play no matter who suits up.....I just got a sneaky suspicion that the Steelers are hiding something and I like it.

:tt1

NWNewell
11-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Are the Steelers playing mind games with the Ravens regarding some of the injuries they have suffered at LB? :tt1

No.

RuthlessBurgher
11-01-2011, 01:27 PM
If we don't have Harrison, Woodley, Farrior, Worilds, and Hoke, then a 4-3 front may be better than any super-shuffled 3-4 we could come up with.

Heyward-Hampton-Hood-Keisel
Timmons-Foote-Sylvester

It would be a heckuva one week crash course to implement something like that, though!

7 UP
11-01-2011, 02:12 PM
To answer your question yes. I doubt any of the 3 play this week. And I also doubt we go 43 except for maybe a change up occasionally. I think Tomlin did a good job of "Shanahanigans" at todays press conference.

StarSpangledSteeler
11-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Last week Tomlin said he "wasn't prepared to put Ike Taylor on Wes Welker the entire game because it's a change to inside position" and yet that's exactly what he did. I loved the disception. I think we need a little more of those Belicheat style answers, especially against the Ravens. I hope it's a smoke screen.

Having said that, I predict that Woodley is out, Harrison is in, Worilds plays LOLB, and it's business as usual. You just can't say that in a press conference.

Discipline of Steel
11-01-2011, 07:54 PM
If we don't have Harrison, Woodley, Farrior, Worilds, and Hoke, then a 4-3 front may be better than any super-shuffled 3-4 we could come up with.

Heyward-Hampton-Hood-Keisel
Timmons-Foote-Sylvester

It would be a heckuva one week crash course to implement something like that, though!

Whoops, i just laid out this crazy idea in another thread. Ruthless gets firsts...
At least we would have 7 hard-azz mofos up front and we just may see it based on MTs allusions in the presser.