PDA

View Full Version : Is it Eerie to Any of You...

Sugar
11-01-2011, 05:47 AM
Is it eerie to any of you that the Steelers are getting all this love from the press and NFL fans everywhere once again before the Baltimore game? It's hard to believe that only a month ago the Ravens savaged our Steelers on national TV. Who could have imagined then, or even just a couple weeks ago that the Steelers would once again be favorites over Baltimore?

I know the Ravens haven't been playing good ball the last few games, but I really hope that the team isn't reading their own press like they seemed to after looking so good in the pre-season. Many keep talking about how the Steelers are nicely set up for the year with the Ravens and Bengals on tap before the bye. Let's not forget that those teams have two of the top Defenses in the league and have only lost twice this year themselves. The North is a tough place this year and as great as things looked against New England, they could get worse really fast.

I guess at the end of the day, while I'm happy with how things went against the *'s, I'm still hoping for some consistency. The next two weeks will tell that tale, I think.

ikestops85
11-01-2011, 10:49 AM
What's eerie for me is I still remember 2 years ago. I was sitting in a Denver airport waiting to fly back to DC and I was feeling great. I had just seen our Steelers destroy the Broncos on a Monday night and the airport was stocked with happy steeler fans. We were sitting at 6 - 2 and I was thinking the playoffs were within reach. The schedule seemed to be fairly easy and I was trying to figure out what seed we were going to be.

Little did I know it would be a month and a half before I was able to watch the NFL Network. :HeadBanger We had lost 5 in a row and needed a thousand things to happen if we were to make the playoffs.

I'm glad the Ratbirds are up next because I think that means we will maintain focus. I just hope the coaches don't rest on their laurels.

Gawd, I'm such a nervous nellie. :oops:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Nah....that is the way that the 24/7 sports cycle works these days. Romo is garbage, Romo has found his game and is elite again, Romo is garbage and should be cut......and all that in the span of about three weeks.

Sports fans are way too over-reactionary nowadays. Fans take one moment in time and use it as if it tells the entire story. The full story is made up of collective moments, don't be fooled.

And a note to anyone who is planning on hanging themselves on the bayou.....New Orleans is still a better team than the Rams. :lol:

Starlifter
11-01-2011, 11:33 AM
this has been a crazy year for sure. I figured we weren't as bad as week one demonstrated - but I also know not to put all my chips on last weeks performance. I think as always with the rats - both defenses will be successful. The difference will be in how the QB's and the offense performs. With an O-line that should be more effective this week than the last time, the edge HAS to go to ben and our WR's. You can expect Ike to man up on bolden and now that we've shown we can press cover the TE's, the rats have a new wrinkle to think about. In the end for the Rats to win - Flacco has to make the plays. can he? sure. Has he done it consistently? not a chance.

The steelers know what a win this week means. They also know what a win next week means. I expect a frenzied game on national TV.

Sugar
11-01-2011, 02:38 PM
What's eerie for me is I still remember 2 years ago. I was sitting in a Denver airport waiting to fly back to DC and I was feeling great. I had just seen our Steelers destroy the Broncos on a Monday night and the airport was stocked with happy steeler fans. We were sitting at 6 - 2 and I was thinking the playoffs were within reach. The schedule seemed to be fairly easy and I was trying to figure out what seed we were going to be.

Little did I know it would be a month and a half before I was able to watch the NFL Network. :HeadBanger We had lost 5 in a row and needed a thousand things to happen if we were to make the playoffs.

I'm glad the Ratbirds are up next because I think that means we will maintain focus. I just hope the coaches don't rest on their laurels.

Ah, yes- "unleash hell" as I recall. :HeadBanger

feltdizz
11-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Nah....that is the way that the 24/7 sports cycle works these days. Romo is garbage, Romo has found his game and is elite again, Romo is garbage and should be cut......and all that in the span of about three weeks.

Sports fans are way too over-reactionary nowadays. Fans take one moment in time and use it as if it tells the entire story. The full story is made up of collective moments, don't be fooled.

And a note to anyone who is planning on hanging themselves on the bayou.....New Orleans is still a better team than the Rams. :lol:

Not sure about that... The Seahags also ran over NO last year in the playoffs and the Panthers were real close to beating them this year.

NO is great in domes and great at home but outside on the road? You never know who will show up. They looked decent in the GB game but I also think GB is a little over rated. They outscore teams in bunches but their D isn't that good, opportunistic, but not that good.

SteelAbility
11-01-2011, 08:15 PM

Ah, yes- "unleash hell" as I recall. :HeadBanger

Actually it was "unleash FIERY hell!" :HeadBanger :lol: