PDA

View Full Version : Worilds

Mister Pittsburgh
10-31-2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5701/jason-worilds

This link says Worilds started practicing again on the 13th. Is this false info or will this guy finally contribute something worthwhile to this team and start vs. the Rats?

I am pissed Tomlin made the call to pass up Lee to take this guy but still hope he shows something.

pittpete
10-31-2011, 11:58 PM
I thought Carter showed a little something Sunday.
Still not excited about Worilds yet :?:

Shoe
11-01-2011, 12:55 AM
I was impressed with his pre-draft write-up, so I was excited to see Carter get some game reps. He did not impress though. He's sudden, but needs to improve his strength. That being said (and obviously, have seen very little of each guy), I like him better than Worilds.

In any case, from what I understand, Silverback is back! for the Raven game. Both those other guys can go back to watching and learning hopefully!

hawaiiansteel
11-01-2011, 01:11 AM
In any case, from what I understand, Silverback is back! for the Raven game. Both those other guys can go back to watching and learning hopefully!

unfortunately, Silverback announced today that he will be out for the Ravens game. makes sense actually, as it gives him the additional bye week to get healthy.

with Farrior out and possibly Woodley also, Sly will most likely start alongside Foote in the base defense with Timmons and Worilds/Carter starting at OLB if Woodley can't go.

steelblood
11-01-2011, 07:14 AM
the bye week isn't until after the Bengals game.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Worilds better practice all week.

steelblood
11-01-2011, 12:28 PM
The most distressing thing to me is that Timmons has not generated QB pressures as you'd expect him too. Flacco will often have all day to pass (as Brady often did in the 4th Q). And running right at Carter or Worilds should be fairly easy for the Ravens. This will be a tough game to win.

AkronSteel
11-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Jason's participation this week could be huge for the Steelers. It would definitely help to have him at LOLB, if Woodley can't participate. I would at least feel somewhat at ease if we had Timmons, Foote, Sylvester, and Worilds with Carter and Ivy backing up. It is not a dream scenario but it's better than what it could be. I really kinda of expect to see Harrison or Woodley come Sunday, but we will see??

hawaiiansteel
11-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Jason's participation this week could be huge for the Steelers. It would definitely help to have him at LOLB, if Woodley can't participate.

I worry if Worilds can hold up against the run, the Ravens will most likely run Ray Rice right at him to find out.

focosteeler
11-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Jason's participation this week could be huge for the Steelers. It would definitely help to have him at LOLB, if Woodley can't participate.

I worry if Worilds can hold up against the run, the Ravens will most likely run Ray Rice right at him to find out.

I think I read somewhere that Keisel knows the ROLB position in our D. If this is true I say cut McFadden sign Corbin Bryant and let Keisel play LB

SteelCrazy
11-01-2011, 06:01 PM
If Worilds doesnt play, we are in big time trouble. Carter is a speed guy and has no strength. Harrison, Farrior, and Woodley likely out makes me nervous as hell.

pittpete
11-01-2011, 06:35 PM
If this is true I say cut McFadden

I remember some people saying McFadden is our best tackler in the secondary...
Let him play OLB :2c If he gets hurt, get rid of him....
Just saying :idea:

feltdizz
11-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Woodley said not to count him out yet. I don't see it though.

I'm not too worried about our LB's. Baltimore is regressing on offense and hopefully the film on them gives us an edge.

Our main reason for being manhandled was Smitty and Hampton. I think our new and improved youngsters will match up well with the Ravens.

After watching us dismantle the Pats I have no worries. The Ravens went all out in the first game. They haven't been the same since.

williar
11-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Woodley said not to count him out yet. I don't see it though.

I'm not too worried about our LB's. Baltimore is regressing on offense and hopefully the film on them gives us an edge.

Our main reason for being manhandled was Smitty and Hampton. I think our new and improved youngsters will match up well with the Ravens.

After watching us dismantle the Pats I have no worries. The Ravens went all out in the first game. They haven't been the same since.

I sure do hope so....

If our coaches can find a way to win this game without three of our best players, my confidence will go through the roof. As bad as I want to win though, I wouldn't be totally disgusted if we lost a close game without some of our best players on the field.

With that said, Let's gitt'er done!!! Now, I consider this game our super bowl. A win here, and it's truly ON...

hawaiiansteel
11-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Jason Worilds Will Start For Woodley at LOLB

by Neal Coolong on Nov 5, 2011

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2217022/73369_Steelers_Dolphins_Football.jpg

James Harrison got his first career start in Week 10 of the 2004 season, after Joey Porter was ejected before the game for brawling with Browns RB William Green.

Harrison got a sack, and began planting the seed that, three seasons later, would grow into the reason for letting Porter go.

Harrison was a Pro Bowl player in 2007, his first year as a full-time starter, and Defensive Player of the Year in 2008.

It's certainly a lot to ask second-year OLB Jason Worilds to begin a similar path when he makes his first career start Sunday against Baltimore. But will he be able to, at least, show which side of the Steelers hot-and-cold second round pick line he's on?

Worilds, the Steelers second-round pick in 2010, is toeing that line, having barely gotten on the field in his first two seasons. He's been inactive for the last four games with a quadriceps injury, but reports indicate he's ready to play.

It's unfair to call him Alonzo Jackson (the team's second-round pick in 2003), but you can't exactly call him LaMarr Woodley, either (second-round in 2007, and the man Worilds will replace at LOLB Sunday). In the few opportunities he's had in two years, he's shown he can get to the quarterback. He has good quickness, and could be a wild card in an otherwise heated rivalry game. While Woodley showed that level of pass rushing ability his rookie year, he wasn't the all-around player he is today. Worilds will have to show he can stand up against the run.

It's time for him to earn his varsity letter, though, much like his battery mate did against Cleveland seven years ago. Worilds will be targeted in the run game as well as in coverage, by an excellent short passing attack and a physical offensive line.

It's the second consecutive game the Steelers have had a linebacker making his first start. Stevenson Sylvester did not fare well against New England last week, starting at the buck linebacker position vacated by Larry Foote, who moved to the mack position, replacing James Farrior.

Harrison will return to the starting lineup after missing the last four games with a broken orbital bone in his eye. That shifts Lawrence Timmons back to the buck position, and Foote will play the mack.

It's a definite upgrade from last week, on paper at least. If Worilds can step up and make a few plays in lieu of Woodley - October's Defensive Player of the Month - he can get on the right side of a recently shaky round for Steelers draft picks.

And maybe help beat a division rival while he's at it.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... #storyjump (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/11/5/2540118/jason-worilds-will-start-for-woodley-at-lolb#storyjump)

Ghost
11-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Complete non-factor in the game

Mister Pittsburgh
11-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Awesome we go away from the draft board and Tomlin overrides a first grade ranking on Sean Lee so we can take Worilds....the invisible man.

Leper Friend
11-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Complete non-factor in the game
Against bad, slow tackles.

CanadianSteel
11-07-2011, 09:50 AM
I know this board gets crazy after a loss as tough as that one, but come on, at least give the kid a chance before saying Worlds = Alonzo Jackson.

:wft

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Worilds held his own. There was nothing he did or didn't do to label him a bust. How many starts does he have? Give him some more. He needs to see the field and stay healthy.

The thing that sticks out to me is Worilds needs to get stronger in his upper body. He has taken steps but he still has some work to do.

It is the same story guys. Some need to realize...When you hear "the standard is the standard" that doesn't mean the same thing for every team. There is a bar and making a contribution on a team that has a bar set so high doesn't make the argument of "other teams or other rookies do it", a sound argument. Players grow on the field as much as they do in the weight room, film room, and practice. So if Worilds isn't sitting behind Harrison & Woodley and starts his rookie year for a lesser team...Where would he be? If he is who we thought he is...He may be making big strides seeing the field. It is hard to predict a "scenario" like that but he has an opportunity now to show & grow. He still has some physical growing to do but these snaps could help him immensely if he is a player.

papillon
11-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Worilds held his own. There was nothing he did or didn't do to label him a bust. How many starts does he have? Give him some more. He needs to see the field and stay healthy.

The thing that sticks out to me is Worilds needs to get stronger in his upper body. He has taken steps but he still has some work to do.

It is the same story guys. Some need to realize...When you hear "the standard is the standard" that doesn't mean the same thing for every team. There is a bar and making a contribution on a team that has a bar set so high doesn't make the argument of "other teams or other rookies do it", a sound argument. Players grow on the field as much as they do in the weight room, film room, and practice. So if Worilds isn't sitting behind Harrison & Woodley and starts his rookie year for a lesser team...Where would he be? If he is who we thought he is...He may be making big strides seeing the field. It is hard to predict a "scenario" like that but he has an opportunity now to show & grow. He still has some physical growing to do but these snaps could help him immensely if he is a player.

Fans only look at sacks, pressures and splash plays by a player and if they don't see any of that they assume the player was a non-factor. Worilds wasn't horrible last night; he did his job, the fact he isn't Lamarr Woodley is why people think he stunk.

Pappy