PDA

View Full Version : Ed: Farrior Out 1 Month With Torn Calf, Deebo Might Play

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Ed Bouchette: Farrior Out 1 Month With Torn Calf, Harrison Might Play

October 31, 2011

http://cbspittsburgh.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/farrior3.jpg?w=300

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Every Monday, Post-Gazette beat-writer, and 93.7 The Fan Steelers’ Insider, Ed Bouchette joins the Fan Morning Show to break down the Steelers’ game.

We start off by getting Ed’s thoughts on the injuries sustained yesterday in the Steelers’ win over the Patriots. Ed said that he thinks Ike Taylor will be okay, but does not expect LaMarr Woodley to play next Sunday against the Ravens. Ed also gives us some news that we were not expecting, that James Farrior has a torn calf and could miss over a month.

The Steelers might get some relief, though, because Ed says James Harrison will be re-examined this week and could possibly play.

The offense was firing on all cylinders Sunday, even without Hines Ward in the lineup. Ed thinks that the wide receivers are so deep that Hines’ injury will not hurt the team.

The Steelers’ defense was able to get pressure on Tom Brady, and their defensive backs were able to keep containment in man-to-man coverage. The young cornerbacks are starting to show signs of improvement, and held Brady in check.

For the entire interview click below:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/10/ ... ight-play/ (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/10/31/ed-bouchette-farrior-out-1-month-with-torn-calf-harrison-might-play/)

Steelers>NFL
10-31-2011, 03:23 PM
At this point in his career, no lost here. Thanks for the memories James!

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2011, 03:44 PM

Disagree. Farrior is still better than Foote.

Discipline of Steel
10-31-2011, 04:53 PM

Lets face it...Farrior is an all-time great Steeler LB. I hate to see people cast his careers worth of contributions aside so callously.

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2011, 05:45 PM
James Harrison - LB - Steelers

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/j-harrisonglasses.jpg?w=153

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Steelers OLB James Harrison (eye) will likely return in Week 9 against Baltimore.

The Post-Gazette reported late Sunday that Harrison would likely miss one more game, but he's apparently recovered better than expected. Harrison has started four games this season, racking up 23 tackles, two sacks, and a forced fumble.

His return will allow Lawrence Timmons to move back to inside 'backer.

Source: @Ed Bouchette via Twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/EdBouchette/statu ... 7013996544 (http://twitter.com/#!/EdBouchette/statuses/131112147013996544)

SidSmythe
10-31-2011, 05:56 PM
I see this as good news all around. If Farriorr is going to remain a part of this team, perhaps the rest will do him good at his age.

Steel Life
10-31-2011, 06:46 PM
[quote="Steelers>NFL":30pfclrq]At this point in his career, no lost here. Thanks for the memories James!

Lets face it...Farrior is an all-time great Steeler LB. I hate to see people cast his careers worth of contributions aside so callously.[/quote:30pfclrq]
Agreed...I cringed at some of the stuff written about Aaron Smith when he went down. Two Steeler greats both on & off the field...here's hoping he heals up & gets to contribute to another playoff run.

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2011, 06:50 PM
His return will allow Lawrence Timmons to move back to inside 'backer.

Love this part too. Two LB positions instantly get better as a result of one guy returning.

Dee Dub
10-31-2011, 07:01 PM
[quote=RuthlessBurgher][quote="Steelers>NFL":5k34ag4b]At this point in his career, no lost here. Thanks for the memories James!

Lets face it...Farrior is an all-time great Steeler LB. I hate to see people cast his careers worth of contributions aside so callously.[/quote:5k34ag4b]
Agreed...I cringed at some of the stuff written about Aaron Smith when he went down. Two Steeler greats both on & off the field...here's hoping he heals up & gets to contribute to another playoff run.[/quote:5k34ag4b]

I see what you guys are saying but I think it is a little different with Aaron Smith. He hasn't been able to stay healthy for the past 3 years and 4 of the past 5 years. Dude will have missed 33 of the past 48 games after this season is over. So I say...that fork should have been stuck a long time ago. I am not so high on Aaron Smith.

Steel Life
10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
[quote="Discipline of Steel":3cqijz8c][quote=RuthlessBurgher][quote="Steelers>NFL":3cqijz8c]At this point in his career, no lost here. Thanks for the memories James!

Lets face it...Farrior is an all-time great Steeler LB. I hate to see people cast his careers worth of contributions aside so callously.[/quote:3cqijz8c]
Agreed...I cringed at some of the stuff written about Aaron Smith when he went down. Two Steeler greats both on & off the field...here's hoping he heals up & gets to contribute to another playoff run.[/quote:3cqijz8c]

I see what you guys are saying but I think it is a little different with Aaron Smith. He hasn't been able to stay healthy for the past 3 years and 4 of the past 5 years. Dude will have missed 33 of the past 48 games after this season is over. So I say...that fork should have been stuck a long time ago. I am not so high on Aaron Smith.[/quote:3cqijz8c]
I know what you're saying DD...it's just that Smitty has been a great - not good - great player & representative for the Steelers & he deserved better - both on the injury front & credit from fans who are quick to forget all he had done.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-31-2011, 07:18 PM
With Timmons moving back inside, I think I prefer Sylvester starting over Foote.

NorCal-Steeler
10-31-2011, 08:04 PM
More than the eye injury, im wondering how much Harrisons back was able to heal with the extra time off from practice..if him and woodley catch fire at same time look out.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Apparently Deebo tweeted & posted on facebook that he won't play this weekend. Maybe it is a Halloween trick.

Shoe
10-31-2011, 09:26 PM
I know what you're saying DD...it's just that Smitty has been a great - not good - great player & representative for the Steelers & he deserved better - both on the injury front & credit from fans who are quick to forget all he had done.

And he was one of the guys that spoke so passionately before a playoff run we made (can't recall which one at the moment) that led to a SB. In fact, I think Farrior was another who stepped up and spoke to the team that year too. We all know...

That's not the point.

Like someone else said, the cracks in the armor showed with these guys for years already. It's not that we don't appreciate their Steelerness, but hanging around too long--I mean, what do you expect? It's like the party goer who stays too long. You still love them, but--you want them to go home.

Farrior showed cracks back when Brian Leonard beat him like a drum that one year when Cincy was good. He did rebound to have a solid year the following year, but he's back to where you'd expect him to be, in terms of slippage. And we all know Aaron Smith's history in the last three years.

It's why no one is jumping down Harrison's throat over his mediocre start. This is the first sign of slippage! When you really think about it, it's actually a show of respect that we've given these former great players this much of a grace period. In three years... if Harrison is still around... we'll be saying the same thing about him, if he continues to slip in his game. Same with Polamalu (although Polamalu hasn't shown the slippage in his game; but we expect it soon, given his style.)

It's not that we don't love these guys; but as a certain point, it's like "go home already."

SteelCrazy
10-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Harrison says he'll sit out Steelers' meeting with Ravens

For a second, it appeared linebacker James Harrison might be back for the Pittsburgh Steelers' highly anticipated rematch with the Baltimore Ravens.

But Harrison put those thoughts to rest himself.

Harrison wrote on his Facebook wall Monday that he will sit out another game with a broken orbital bone around his right eye. The injury forced Harrison to miss Pittsburgh's previous four games.

"Saw the doctor today. Looks like I won't be playing this weekend but at least I'm cleared for practice," Harrison wrote. "Worst case scenario I'll be back after the bye for sure."

Harrison, a two-time All-Pro, has 18 tackles and two sacks in four games this season. Earlier Monday, his agent, Bill Parise, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette the linebacker would play this weekend "unless something happens."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ith-ravens (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a7f6b/article/steelers-harrison-to-sit-out-rematch-with-ravens)

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Don't believe anything until the official injury report comes out. If he is cleared to practice...Not just being cleared to work out....I have my suspicions he will growl in Tomlin's ear all the way up to the inactive release. He is Silverback...This is the Ravens..."Oh my!"

RuthlessBurgher
11-01-2011, 01:42 PM
that one year when Cincy was good

Had to chuckle at this part. :lol: :bungalssuck