View Full Version : My Thougths About The Team After Yesterday's Game...

Dee Dub
10-31-2011, 12:41 PM
First and foremost, both game plans (offense and defense), were outstanding. We're they perfect? No..but really can you ever expect that? Nice job on both sides by LeBeau and Arians. And kudos for coach Tomlin for having his guys ready and in the right frame of mind. Look at the Saints yesterday and you should have an idea what wrong frame of mind is.

I for one am so glad that Mewelde Moore is on this football team. He is outstanding at picking up the blitz. I hope that he sees more action versus the the Ravens because the Steelers are going to have to focus a lot on Terrell Suggs.

I think some are being a little too hard on Sean Suisham. He's made 72.2% of his field goal attempts which could be better but playing in one of the hardest stadiums to kick, it also could be worse. And after what he did last year (14 out of 15), I think we should cut him a break. And besides, he was born in a place called "Wallaceburg". Are you kidding me? :lol:

Can someone tell me why there wasn't a flag thrown when Ryan Mundy was blown up yesterday? Wasn't that the epitome of the "Hines Ward" rule? Totally defenseless and flat out blindsided.

Say what you want, but this Steelers offensive line is starting to gel and show that they are not all that bad. I know this may sound crazy, but other than a LG, O-line may not be the number one priority this coming off season. And having said that, David DeCastro (Stanford), and Cordy Glenn ( Georgia), are the real deal and added to this O-line could make it one of the best in the league.

Right before our very eyes, Keenan Lewis is developing into a solid press, man cover corner. He is playing very well. This is huge when you considered that on the other side, Ike Taylor has elevated himself into one of the games best shut down corners in the game. You cannot deny the facts. He is shutting down some of the leagues best receivers and make them a non-factor. With this LeBeau now has two corners on the outside who can both press and play man to man. Awesome!

I think all the injuries the Steelers have had this year have been a blessing. It has allowed/forced some of the younger players into action. And some of them have really stepped up (Gilbert, Dwyer, Brown, Sanders, Lewis, Sylvester, etc.). This helped Green Bay out last year. They had a ton of injuries and it created an enormous amount of quality depth.

If the Steelers win this coming week versus the Ravens, they control their own destiny. Home field advantage is in their hands. That is amazing and a great show of character (and coaching), considering how they started out this season.

Think about this, the Steeler on offense, have the ability and the personnel to beat you in just about every imaginable way. You can't say that about many other teams. The Steelers can run the ball, they can spread you out, they can beat you with play action, they can work the middle of the field with their TE, they can run WR/Bubble screens at you, they have effectively used the RB screen, they can take the top off of a secondary deep, and they show that extra wrinkle every now and then with the gadget play. And to think they are actually still not hitting on all cylinders. And when they do....scary.

Yesterdays victory versus one of the best teams in the NFL, should show and convince the Steelers that they can beat any team in the NFL. Playing with out the likes of Harrison, Farrior, Ward, etc., to play the way they did, should be a huge motivational force for this team.

And finally...Ben Roethisberger. I'll say it again, I wouldn't trade him for any QB in the NFL. He may not always be pretty, but he is more than effective. And besides, would "pretty" really look all that great in the "Steel City"? Ben is beyond elite. He is the epitome of it. Yesterday he showed what he actually was at the Universality of Miami of Ohio. He can spread it out and chuck the ball all over the place. He is just as good at that as any QB in the NFL. Problem is, his offense has not been that type for the majority of his first 7 plus years in the league. Where as the Brady's are in that type of offense every year, nearly every game, Ben is just now being able to do this again. Can you imagine where he would be passing wise had his passing development been speeded up some over the years by running a little more wide open offense?

Here is all you need to know about Ben. Look what has happened in the locker room of the Baltimore Ravens and their defense versus their offense approach and now look at what Ben's defense says about him...

"Ben is one of the most competitive people I’ve ever been around," Steelers defensive endBrett Keisel said. "Tom Brady is quote-unquote the best quarterback in the NFL. Any time you get a chance to go against the best, it’s a great opportunity for you. You relish those opportunities. He certainly did today and played great."

"It's been all Tom Brady versus the Pittsburgh Steelers and looking back on the past, how he's owned the Pittsburgh Steelers, and I think everybody forgot about our offense a little bit and the things they've been doing out there," Pittsburgh linebacker LaMarr Woodley said. "I think they took that a little personal."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... s-own-game (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/34637/roethlisberger-beats-brady-at-his-own-game)

:tt2

Doogie36
10-31-2011, 01:14 PM
think some are being a little too hard on Sean Suisham. He's made 72.2% of his field goal attempts which could be better but playing in one of the hardest stadiums to kick, it also could be worse. And after what he did last year (14 out of 15), I think we should cut him a break.

Isnt the longest FG in Hines field a 47 yarder? It's not the easiest place to kick so our kicker who plays 8 games in a place that it's hard to kick is 72%? I'll take it and so should everyone else. Remember a few years ago when we complained about SKIPPY and his kickoffs??? us complain? I know crazy huh! LOL but yes we sure did! At least we dont have that complaint anymore with the new rule. LOL

Our Steelers can't be all pros at every position!!!! I know we all seem to want that for some reason!!!!!!! We cut corners on KICKER!!!!!!!!!!! we have the worst field to kick at so who cares. Didnt the Patriots dude miss one yesterday tooo???? Didnt hte JETS kicker miss like 3 a few years ago to help us win a playoff game??? I'm sure the GREAT KICKERS wouldnt sign up for the gig of kicking in PITT and especially at a low price. It's why we had SKIPPY!!!! he was CHEAP at one time.

Dee Dub
10-31-2011, 06:43 PM
think some are being a little too hard on Sean Suisham. He's made 72.2% of his field goal attempts which could be better but playing in one of the hardest stadiums to kick, it also could be worse. And after what he did last year (14 out of 15), I think we should cut him a break.

Isnt the longest FG in Hines field a 47 yarder? It's not the easiest place to kick so our kicker who plays 8 games in a place that it's hard to kick is 72%? I'll take it and so should everyone else. Remember a few years ago when we complained about SKIPPY and his kickoffs??? us complain? I know crazy huh! LOL but yes we sure did! At least we dont have that complaint anymore with the new rule. LOL

Our Steelers can't be all pros at every position!!!! I know we all seem to want that for some reason!!!!!!! We cut corners on KICKER!!!!!!!!!!! we have the worst field to kick at so who cares. Didnt the Patriots dude miss one yesterday tooo???? Didnt hte JETS kicker miss like 3 a few years ago to help us win a playoff game??? I'm sure the GREAT KICKERS wouldnt sign up for the gig of kicking in PITT and especially at a low price. It's why we had SKIPPY!!!! he was CHEAP at one time.

Agreed! Suisham isnt as bad as some think. 27 out of 33 as a Steeler? All the while kicking in a home field as hard as Heinz field. I am ok with it.