PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Shanks'em Needs to GO!!!!

SidSmythe
10-31-2011, 09:45 AM
After his SuperBowl SHANK I thought for sure he was gone.

HE NEEDS TO GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! :HeadBanger

SteelAbility
10-31-2011, 08:12 PM
That's right. We fans demand some Shawn Shank Redemption. :D

SteelAbility
10-31-2011, 08:14 PM
In a different thread he was called Shawn Slice 'Em which devolved into a tongue-in-cheek parlay about circuimcision.

So now he's titled with both "Slice 'Em" and "Shank 'Em." Maybe he's a closet butcher.

Captain Lemming
10-31-2011, 08:27 PM
In a different thread he was called Shawn Slice 'Em which devolved into a tongue-in-cheek parlay about circuimcision.

Oh I can do better than that.
In true Lemminglike blind homer style.

When we win the SB against these same Packers on a 60 yard field goal it will be remembered as:

The Shawn Shank-em REDEMPTION!!!! :)

Eddie Spaghetti
10-31-2011, 08:34 PM
the miss in the Super Bowl was from 52 yards. that is not what i would term a "shank".

poor decision by tomlin at that point in the game, IMO.

now is not the time for a change at kicker.

D Rock
10-31-2011, 08:55 PM
he's been pretty darn terrible this year. 13/18...less than 70%. And he hasn't even tried any over 50 yards. That's 2 misses from the 30-39 range and 3 from the 40-49 range.

We need to cut him and sign Kevin Kelly, because as we all know...the Steelers don't go to the Super Bowl without a Penn State player on the roster.

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Observations About the Steelers Win Over New England

by maryrose on Oct 31, 2011

Dumbbell Award

The Steelers drive down the field with the opening kick and take a 7-0 lead. Shawn Suisham promptly kicks the ball out-of-bounds, handing Brady the ball on the 40. The Pats go three-and-out, so no one noticed much. If Brady answers with 7 and the Steelers lose a close game, Suisham is also in my office at 8:00 a.m. There are mistakes that you can make that are understandable, and mistakes that are unacceptable. Kicking out-of-bounds against a team like New England is a bonehead. I look at it this way, if any NFL player (on my team) makes a mistake that my 15-year-old daughter (Maryrose) would not make, then I give that guy notice. Maryrose would not get cute and kick a ball out-of-bounds, especially with the new kickoff rule.

One More Suisham

It troubles me that with a first down on New England's 27-yard line, all we needed, with a 6-point lead was what, one yard? Two yards? No yards? Let Belichick use the two-minute warning and call his timeouts. A field goal ices that game. Tomlin had such little faith in Suisham, or in his running game, that Pittsburgh runs a couple mystery plays and ends up punting from their own 40-yard line. Maybe the Patriots bunched up the middle around Wilfork and Haynesworth and we couldn't just run the ball conventionally. How about three quarterback sneaks (to avoid losing yards) and letting Suisham kick a 43-yarder for the ice. If you don't trust that, then you need to look at your kicking situation. Something was weird about the way that sequence unfolded.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... #storyjump (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/10/31/2527773/steelers-vs-patriots-nfl-week-8-mike-tomlin-dick-lebeau-lamarr-woodley#storyjump)

Discipline of Steel
11-01-2011, 12:11 AM
But he is perfect inside the 30, including PATs!