PDA

View Full Version : Dear Pats* fans on ur pitiful little Pats* boards

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-31-2011, 07:40 AM
Dear Pats* fans (fair weather though you may be) -

I have read that you are saying on your cute little "fan boards" that this was "the Steelers' Superbowl", a must win game for us, and it's really not that important to you.

I just wanted to remind you that "the Steeler's Superbowl" was actually 8 months ago. You know, the one in Dallas? Your team got to watch from their couches! Oh, and we had one the year before, and two years before that, in Detroit. We happened to win those two. Your team may have seen those also, from their couches as well.

Come to think of it, it's been a while since you guys actually went to a Superbowl except to sit in some luxury boxes maybe. Boy, we sure become dependent on our technology to get through life don't we? :wink:

So, no, yesterday wasn't really our Superbowl, sorry to burst your bubble. It was just another game against an AFC opponent that we won.

With all due respect (take that as you like!!),

A fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers (6 Lombardis, and Two of the Last 5)

Sonny
10-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah it is kind of funny to say that about a team that has won the most Super Bowls, and 2 of them very recent.

The Ravens, Bengals, and Browns on the other hand....we can say that about them.

Dee Dub
10-31-2011, 02:59 PM
And the Pats wont sniff a Super Bowl for a long time with that defense. Totally exposed.

Steelgal
10-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Maybe all the EsPN talking heads will stop talking about how brilliant Bellichick is now every draft. He needs to stop trading those high-round picks, for future high-round picks, and draft some DEFENSE. Their defense is putrid and their receivers (not including tight-ends) aren't that special either. Outside of Welker, they don't have much. Since Paoli left, his drafts have been less-than-stellar.

NWNewell
10-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Leaving the "most SB's argument" aside....

This was just as important of a game for New England as it was for Pittsburgh.

- New England is in a "neck 'n neck" race for the AFC East, just as Pittsburgh is in a "neck 'n neck" race for the AFC North.

- This was an important game for maintaining a chance for a high playoff seed in the AFC.

They simply laid an egg. Perhaps it was because they thought they "owned" the Steelers. What ever the reason, they lost a conference game and allowed their AFC East competition to take the division lead.

Now, the Steeler's may have had a little more "emotional" motivation. I won't argue against that. But this was a big game for both team's seasons. A "must-win", "superbowl" type game. No. Not for either one. But definitely a big game for both.

With that said, this was only one game. And it was our first real test in weeks, so it wasn't too hard to get up for it. But I want to see the Steeler's do it two weeks in a row and take down the Ravens (need to prove they can beat playoff caliber teams multiple weeks in a row to show they can make a playoff run).

This one game against the New England is not the test. This two game stretch against two of the best teams in the AFC is the test.

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2011, 04:43 PM
And the Pats wont sniff a Super Bowl for a long time with that defense. Totally exposed.

I completely agree, that Pats* secondary is horrendous. when they put Ras-I Dowling on IR and then cut their best CB in Leigh Bodden it left the cupboard pretty bare in talent...now I see why the Cheaters* are dead last in pass defense.

fezziwig
10-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Two wins against Brady in what. 7 years ? I'm not ready to say the pats are dead just yet but, it's nice to know we stand a chance.

A lot of football left guys, this win doesn't mean our Steelers can mail the rest of the season in.

And for the fans that said this was our Super Bowl..........6 wins out of 8 Super Bowl appearances is what................hmmm, I think it's an NFL record. Oh yeah........... AND NO CHEATING !!!

tiproast
10-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Congratulations are in order for the Steelers players and coaches - a very complete game on both sides of the ball.

I didn't get to see the game out here in California - the Browns vs. 49ers was the game for people in my area. But from what I've read the Steelers dominated - the final score wasn't indicative of how much the Steelers controlled the game.

Hope we get a re-match in the playoffs, but as others have mentioned, unless the defense gets fixed, the Pats aren't going far.

DukieBoy
10-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Congratulations are in order for the Steelers players and coaches - a very complete game on both sides of the ball.

I didn't get to see the game out here in California - the Browns vs. 49ers was the game for people in my area. But from what I've read the Steelers dominated - the final score wasn't indicative of how much the Steelers controlled the game.

Hope we get a re-match in the playoffs, but as others have mentioned, unless the defense gets fixed, the Pats aren't going far.

Class.

JTP53609
10-31-2011, 09:15 PM
SASfan....why don't you teach that nitwit named bammorrislawyer how to properly talk effectively and not make yourself look stupid.

Excellent points by the way, could not have said anything better myself...

phillyesq
11-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Dear Pats* fans (fair weather though you may be) -

I have read that you are saying on your cute little "fan boards" that this was "the Steelers' Superbowl", a must win game for us, and it's really not that important to you.

The thing I like best about this win was that the Steelers did not react like they had won the Super Bowl. The ravens acted that way earlier this year. The browns acted that way a few years back against the Steelers. But the Steelers did not seem to take this game that way.

fezziwig
11-01-2011, 08:38 AM
The only time I watch the Pats is when they play the Steelers so I really don't have anything to compare them to when, it comes to sideline demeanor.
The sideline along with Bellicheat/Brady looked pretty lethargic during the entire game.
A couple of things came to me about that.

1. The Steelers had the ball so long.

2. The crowd deflated them.

3. Bellicheat really couldn't care about a win because he was more concerned about what Lebeau/Arians/Tomlin schemed up and was getting it all on film along with our signals.

All this for the future next meeting of the Cheats and the Steelers.