PDA

View Full Version : LeBeau stinks! He's been figured out!

SteelTorch
10-31-2011, 01:31 AM
:stirpot

For all the haters out there. :moon

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2011, 01:35 AM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dro0233l.jpg

AngryAsian
10-31-2011, 03:51 AM
If we would of played this much press coverage last February, we would be enjoying our 7th Lombardi... This type of defensive scheme has greater success dealing with Packers, Patriots, Saints - esque type offenses. Hope we continue to employ this next week. We contain Ray Rice like we did the Ellis and Faulk tandem, we'll have another nice win under our belt... Enjoy it boyz.... First in the conference.

Slapstick
10-31-2011, 06:09 AM
The Steelers couldn't have played this much man coverage before this season...

McFadden couldn't do it...Keenan Lewis wasn't ready to do it...William Gay has stepped it up...

papillon
10-31-2011, 06:15 AM

McFadden couldn't do it...Keenan Lewis wasn't ready to do it...William Gay has stepped it up...

:Bow :Bow :Bow

Just because it worked yesterday doesn't mean that the Steelers were capable of doing it in February. Actually, Lebeau has been easing the Steelers into this defense since the SB. I have seen more and more of it (it seems) every week.

Pappy

SteelCrazy
10-31-2011, 06:29 AM
Honestly, if Brady wasn't off his game we would have been in trouble.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-31-2011, 06:33 AM

Honestly, if we hadn't played press coverage, and if our defense had been worse, Brady* wouldn't have been off his game.

(Back atcha! :tt2 )

SteelCrazy
10-31-2011, 06:43 AM

Honestly, if we hadn't played press coverage, and if our defense had been worse, Brady* wouldn't have been off his game.

(Back atcha! :tt2 )

Good point....I didn't see it like that

steelblood
10-31-2011, 07:31 AM

:Bow :Bow :Bow

Just because it worked yesterday doesn't mean that the Steelers were capable of doing it in February. Actually, Lebeau has been easing the Steelers into this defense since the SB. I have seen more and more of it (it seems) every week.

Pappy

We've played a lot of press man since the stretch run last season. One reason it worked yesterday is that outside of Welker, NE's WRs aren't very good. NE's best receivers are Welker and the TEs.

BURGH86STEEL
10-31-2011, 07:38 AM
If we would of played this much press coverage last February, we would be enjoying our 7th Lombardi... This type of defensive scheme has greater success dealing with Packers, Patriots, Saints - esque type offenses. Hope we continue to employ this next week. We contain Ray Rice like we did the Ellis and Faulk tandem, we'll have another nice win under our belt... Enjoy it boyz.... First in the conference.

They played some press coverage in the SB. Rodgers choose to throw the ball over the top to the WR's. Here is one example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OduPSgTsL0g They also played press coverage at times vs the Cards in SB43. As a result, Fitzgerald burned them for a TD. There are risks associated with playing press coverage consistently. The thing about it was the Pats didn't have enough opportunities to exploit those weaknesses.

In short, Steelers defense will not be able to use that strategy with every offense in the league. It may not be as successful if they have to face the Pats in the playoffs. Especially if the defense can't apply pressure and the offense isn't able to have the ball 39 minutes.

AngryAsian
10-31-2011, 08:38 AM

They played some press coverage in the SB. Rodgers choose to throw the ball over the top to the WR's. Here is one example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OduPSgTsL0g They also played press coverage at times vs the Cards in SB43. As a result, Fitzgerald burned them for a TD. There are risks associated with playing press coverage consistently. The thing about it was the Pats didn't have enough opportunities to exploit those weaknesses.

In short, Steelers defense will not be able to use that strategy with every offense in the league. It may not be as successful if they have to face the Pats in the playoffs. Especially if the defense can't apply pressure and the offense isn't able to have the ball 39 minutes.

I'll take the strategy that works as opposed to the previous 6 times we attempted to beat a Brady led team. And why do people have to look at things in such absolutes. We won because our coordinators weren't predictable and were willing to employ other strategies. Predictability has been this team's Achilles, I hope we continue to be not so... linear.

feltdizz
10-31-2011, 09:16 AM
The more injuries we have the better we look... whether people want to admit it or not the young legs are a big reason we are winning and looking better on both sides of the ball.

Doesn't matter what the scheme is if you have old heads running it. I like Ward, Farrior, Smith but we are faster and more competitive with younger guys.

I'll give Harrison a pass because he doesn't have the wear and tear on his body like most vets.

were we really unpredictable last game? Miller was wide open because they feared our WR's... we pressed on D but we have pressed before but our DB's are better this year.

When we play up to our ability on O and D we are a damn good football team.

SteelCrazy
10-31-2011, 09:24 AM
The more injuries we have the better we look... whether people want to admit it or not the young legs are a big reason we are winning and looking better on both sides of the ball.

Doesn't matter what the scheme is if you have old heads running it. I like Ward, Farrior, Smith but we are faster and more competitive with younger guys.

I'll give Harrison a pass because he doesn't have the wear and tear on his body like most vets.

I know you weren't talking bout woodley but carter provided no rush at all. He is quick but a little shove as he turns in toward the QB by the OL and he goes to the ground. We really missed Woodley.