PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm saying it: Good Job, BA!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-30-2011, 09:36 PM
And I'm not going to qualify it with any snarky conditionals.

Oooh, that's hard!

Good Job, BA!

flippy
10-30-2011, 09:47 PM
If he only called them all like this one.

He made the Oline look great.

He made Ben look great.

He made the WRs and TEs look great.

He had a million formations.

No plays that took minutes to develop.

He was moving everyone around.

He was stacking guys in unique ways like Wallace/Moore on the Moore TD.

I've always felt like BA is a genius but he has trouble executing without getting too cute and overthinking things.

He clearly gets that you win when you can move the O in big chunks, but that hangs him up and brings in the inconsistency. But I think he means well and may be a little swayed by Ben's similar desire to make the big play every play. It's like Ben and BA may work better with someone different because they don't balance one another out.

But if they can reign in the gameplan like they did today and focus on consistent execution, the sky is the limit for this offense.

And boy are the young WRs exciting!@@@@!!!!!!

Pahn711
10-30-2011, 10:28 PM

Oooh, that's hard!

Good Job, BA!

I feel vindicated :tt2

In your face BA haters! :owned

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-30-2011, 10:33 PM

Oooh, that's hard!

Good Job, BA!

Pahn711, your grace in (perceived) victory is overwhelming! :lol:

For the win: :Cheers

Pahn711
10-30-2011, 10:33 PM

Oooh, that's hard!

Good Job, BA!

Pahn711, your grace in (perceived) victory is overwhelming! :lol:

For the win: :Cheers

:Beer

hawaiiansteel
10-30-2011, 10:37 PM

Oooh, that's hard!

Good Job, BA!

how many TDs did the Steelers offense score against the NFL's worst defense...two?

Brucie's play calling in the red zone still leaves a lot to be desired.

Pahn711
10-30-2011, 10:41 PM
how many TDs did the Steelers offense score against the NFL's worst defense...two?

Oh I can't argue with that, but for me thats more about being unable to run the football than anything else. We didn't have these troubles when the Bus was able to drive it in. I'm just gonna enjoy this win, finally one that the Steelers can be proud of.

hawaiiansteel
10-30-2011, 10:45 PM

Oh I can't argue with that, but for me thats more about being unable to run the football than anything else. We didn't have these troubles when the Bus was able to drive it in. I'm just gonna enjoy this win, finally one that the Steelers can be proud of.

I'll drink to that... :Cheers

Slapstick
10-30-2011, 10:54 PM

They may be the NFL's "worst" defense yardage wise, but are far from the worst scoring wise...

As Tomlin said, if you think that is the 32nd defense in the NFL, you are fooling yourself...

Pahn711
10-30-2011, 11:00 PM

They may be the NFL's "worst" defense yardage wise, but are far from the worst scoring wise...

As Tomlin said, if you think that is the 32nd defense in the NFL, you are fooling yourself...

Great point, I remember thinking at the half that considering how dominant the Steelers were in the first half, to be leading by only a touchdown proves how good the Pats really are.

papillon
10-30-2011, 11:09 PM
The other thing that they do in the redzone is drop a lot of guys into coverage and for all the great things that Ben does, fitting the ball into tight spaces on the redzone isn't one of them.

The offense played a solid game, one bad, bad throw by Ben, but other than that he was on target. The defense really came to play and shut down a very good offense.

We can celebrate the win for a week, the Steelers on the other hand have to get ready for the Ravens. A win next week really sets up the Steelers for the stretch run.

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
10-30-2011, 11:44 PM

their defense is who we thought they were... :D

Secondary of Patriots no match for Steelers

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, October 31, 2011

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1352312/38595395E.jpg

Bill Belichick believed his most-seasoned cornerback wasn't worth the aggravation anymore.

The New England Patriots coach on Sunday had to be re-thinking his decision to release Leigh Bodden a few days earlier because his defense could have used the help.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger picked apart an already picked-on Patriots defense, as he methodically dismantled the patchwork secondary for a season-high 365 yards in the Steelers' 25-17 win at Heinz Field.

The Patriots had only cornerbacks Devon McCourty, Kyle Arrington, Phillip Adams and Antwaun Molden on their roster yesterday. They placed rookie cornerback Ras-I Dowling on injured reserve Saturday night.

Belichick deflected questions about the Friday release of Bodden.

"We make the decisions we feel like are best for the team," he said. "That's what every decision is."

Roethlisberger completed 36 of 50 passes for 365 yards and connected with nine receivers. The Steelers converted eight of their first 10 third-down situations and finished 10 of 16.

"It was just a bad day overall," Arrington said. "I don't know what else to say."

Bodden, a Duquesne University product, may have helped.

The Patriots paid him $22 million in 2010 to be the secondary's mainstay. But Bodden reportedly became disgruntled because of his new position as a slot, or "star," cornerback.

Bodden had been inconsistent this season. He was beaten out by Dowling for the starting spot in Week 1 and was inactive in Week 4.

"We do what we think is best every week," Belichick said. "We definitely need to do a better job than we did (in the secondary)."

Quarterbacks were 12 of 22 for 192 yards and a touchdown during the 222 snaps Bodden played this year, the majority coming in the nickel defense.

The Patriots entered the game ranked 32nd in the league against the pass, with most of those yards coming while opponents played catch-up.

Roethlisberger had his way with the Patriots secondary underneath rather than deep.

"From the first few drives, we realized they kind of declared it as an inside passing game," Arrington said. "You don't want to give it up all in one play, either. We tried to throw different looks at them. You have bad days."

Added safety Patrick Chung: "They executed, and we didn't show up to play."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1cKEYurqX (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_764715.html#ixzz1cKEYurqX)