PDA

View Full Version : Troy's performance today

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-30-2011, 09:06 PM
My thoughts, subject to correction by those who watch the game with a keener eye to detail than I do, are that though Troy didn't make splash plays today, he was a SOLID part of the defensive backfield ... VERY successful in taking away targets from Brady*.

Like a Revis or Reed whose name never gets called because the QB won't chance a throw in their direction, I think Troy probably played a big part in our suffocating defense in the backfield.

And that batting away of the ball was BRILLIANT!!

papillon
10-30-2011, 09:30 PM
My thoughts, subject to correction by those who watch the game with a keener eye to detail than I do, are that though Troy didn't make splash plays today, he was a SOLID part of the defensive backfield ... VERY successful in taking away targets from Brady*.

Like a Revis or Reed whose name never gets called because the QB won't chance a throw in their direction, I think Troy probably played a big part in our suffocating defense in the backfield.

Also known as the Hawaiian Punch!

Pappy

Eddie Spaghetti
10-30-2011, 09:31 PM
i thought he was sub par.

brady knows how to move him.

got beat badly on the TD to hernandez.

flippy
10-30-2011, 09:39 PM
i thought he was sub par.

brady knows how to move him.

got beat badly on the TD to hernandez.

not sure what happened there. i think it was a pretty good play design by NE. and i thought clark might have been able to make a play on that ball if he wasn't held.

i noticed troy in tight one on one coverage against a TE/WR quite a few times.

it's hard to say anyone in the secondary was subpar when we pretty much handled the best offense in the NFL lead by the play of our DBs.

Eddie Spaghetti
10-30-2011, 09:42 PM
just giving my opinion.

seemed to be chasing a few plays.

Dee Dub
10-31-2011, 01:46 PM

Pappy

Troy's was born in Garden Grove, Ca. and is not Hawaiian. :wink:

And just so you know, there are no garden's and there sure aren't any groves in Garden Grove. Kind of like the Vista View Apartments in Compton California. There are no vistas and there aint much of a view. :P

papillon
10-31-2011, 01:49 PM

Pappy

And just so you know, there are no garden's and there sure aren't any groves in Garden Grove. Kind of like the Vista View Apartments in Compton California. There are no vistas and there aint much of a view. :P

I knew that, but there was never a drink called Garden Grove Punch, so my feeble effort at some humor would have even been more ridiculous had I said, "also known as the Garden Grove Punch", just sayin...

:P

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2011, 01:59 PM

Pappy

I knew that, but there was never a drink called Garden Grove Punch, so my feeble effort at some humor would have even been more ridiculous had I said, "also known as the Garden Grove Punch", just sayin...

Pappy

or even if you had said "Samoan Punch"... :D

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1352312/38596126E.jpghttp://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1352312/38596140E.jpg

Dee Dub
10-31-2011, 02:17 PM

Pappy

Pappy

:lol:

Funny thing is, I was actually in Garden Grove this weekend watching a youth football game. And there were a few parents there that needed a Garden Grove punch! :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2011, 04:00 PM

Pappy

Pappy

Just go Kool-Aid instead, and give that big play one huge "OH YEAH!!!"

http://www.thearchnemesis.com/images/Koolaid%20man%20Oh%20yeah.jpg

snarky
10-31-2011, 06:40 PM
I've only seen 3 or 4 games this year but (and I hate saying this because I love Troy) he is starting to look like a luxury to me (not that it is a luxury I would rather the Steelers not have).

What I mean is that because (at least in the games I saw prior to yesterday) our front 7 had a difficult time generating the pressure they have over the past few seasons. And because the pressure wasn't there, Troy wasn't able to attack an offense that was otherwise overloaded.

As a result, he has seemed very good when he stays at home, but not effective coming on the blitz. And for me, what has made him a special player is his ability to break a play up when he simply has no business being anywhere in the area. But that doesn't seem to be happening as much this year as it has in the past.

D Rock
10-31-2011, 07:43 PM
I've only seen 3 or 4 games this year but (and I hate saying this because I love Troy) he is starting to look like a luxury to me (not that it is a luxury I would rather the Steelers not have).

What I mean is that because (at least in the games I saw prior to yesterday) our front 7 had a difficult time generating the pressure they have over the past few seasons. And because the pressure wasn't there, Troy wasn't able to attack an offense that was otherwise overloaded.

As a result, he has seemed very good when he stays at home, but not effective coming on the blitz. And for me, what has made him a special player is his ability to break a play up when he simply has no business being anywhere in the area. But that doesn't seem to be happening as much this year as it has in the past.

I think you've only seen the 3 or 4 games where Troy wasn't playing lights out. He's been an animal this year.

DukieBoy
10-31-2011, 09:02 PM
I don't really know what Troy's assignments were in this defense we threw at NE*s. I believe his presence in the short field and the unpredictability and threat he poses must have wreaked some havoc on Brady and their passing game. Plus, he was there for run support, and probably his presence helped disrupt their run game.

And I agree with D Rock, he has been an absolute force on our Defense this year.