PDA

View Full Version : Just remember..

Sonny
10-30-2011, 08:21 PM
We needed this game more than they did. You know how we keep saying the Ravens Super Bowl was Week 1, and they have to actually beat us in the playoffs, well, I see that they are saying that about us on Patriots boards.

Would anyone be thrilled to see them in the playoffs?

It does feel great though, and wow, how fast things change. If we win next week, what team can say they are better than us besides Green Bay? And speaking of Green Bay, wouldn't you love to see a Super Bowl Rematch with this new and improved gameplan?

SteelAbility
10-30-2011, 08:29 PM
We needed this game more than they did. You know how we keep saying the Ravens Super Bowl was Week 1, and they have to actually beat us in the playoffs, well, I see that they are saying that about us on Patriots boards.

It does feel great though, and wow, how fast things change. If we win next week, what team can say they are better than us besides Green Bay? And speaking of Green Bay, wouldn't you love to see a Super Bowl Rematch with this new and improved gameplan?

Great win. Much better defensively. But I still prefer not to see them in the playoffs. Call it historic skiddishness, if you will. The one thing that makes me less skiddish than in past years is their D's complete inability to get stops on 3rd down. They got an INT gifted to them by a Ben brain-fart. They did very little to make Ben uncomfortable.

But I didn't think Steeler players were not acting like "Wow, we beat the Pats." To me it seemed like they were acting like "Yeah, we belong. We had that. Nice win." If Pats fans are saying that, they are simply imagining it and hoping it to be true. What I saw was a totally domnating win. The only thing keeping the Pats in it was lack of ability to get TDs in the red zone.

grotonsteel
10-30-2011, 08:29 PM
I am more worried about the Ratbirds and Bungles than Cheatroits right now.

AFC North is really close right now. Next few weeks could decide the outcome.

Pahn711
10-30-2011, 08:39 PM

The way we played today? I'd be okay with it. They had an extra week to prepare and still got outmatched and outsmarted. We've got the blueprint to beat them now, and next time we will have Harrison back.

williar
10-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Awesome win today. It felt great to finally hand it to the patriots. I don't care what the circumstances are. We have been their bitches for too long. Very impressed with all facets of our performance other than that red zone offense. This game shouldn't have been close. Even with all of the gaudy stats, we were one bad play from losing this game on the scoreboard.

I'm loving our young talent. The way these guys are rising to the occasion when called upon. If we ever get everyone back healthy, this team is a load.....

One down, and two more to go until the bye week. Wouldn't that be great to go into the by 8-2. I'm believing :tt1

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-31-2011, 01:51 AM
Week 1 was the Ravens SB. Their last game was another playoff loss to us and we play them - and often beat them - two times a year. They were geared up for this game more than any other game they will play this season.

OTOH, this was nowhere near the same level for the Steelers. If anything this could have been a look ahead game with the more important Baltimore game just a week away. I think that the Pats fans put way more stock into this matchup than we or the team does.

As a rival they still rank way behind the Ravens, and even Cincy in my mind.

AngryAsian
10-31-2011, 07:06 AM

Steelers, Ratbirds, and Bungholes are currently 1, 3, and 5 in the conference... The AFCN is tough.

BURGH86STEEL
10-31-2011, 07:22 AM
I don't believe the Ravens offense will play as great as they did in week 1 next Sunday. I don't believe the Steelers offense will perform as poorly as they did in week one. The Ravens can still win with their defense.

Suggs still presents some problems for offenses. The way Suggs is playing, he might be the defensive MVP of the league right now.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-31-2011, 07:30 AM

Steelers, Ratbirds, and Bungholes are currently 1, 3, and 5 in the conference... The AFCN is tough.

Whooda thunk this would be the case!

We need NKy to spike the Bungholes drinks next time he flies them around. All's fair in love, war, and the AFCN!!

LouSteel
10-31-2011, 08:57 AM

Whooda thunk this would be the case!

Ask me about the AFCN after week 2 and I would've bet the Bengals would've folded, we would be struggling, and the Ravens would be cruising. I never would've bet that this division would turn out so tough.

Our 0-1 divisional record still worries me... but holy cow, if this Steelers team shows up consistently, we can beat anyone... and I think our best football is yet to come.

steelblood
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Not too high, not too low.

We weren't as bad as we looked in the Ravens game and we may not be as good as we looked yesterday.

Pahn711
10-31-2011, 10:56 AM

The Bengals have 2 games each to play with both the Ravens and Steelers, I have a hard time seeing them in the race...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Kind of funny how all I kept hearing about until yesterday is how the Steelers haven't beaten anyone yet and now I am hearing about how tough the Bengals are:

Week 1: Clev (3-4) W
Week 2: Denver (2-5) L
Week 3: San Fran (6-1) L
Week 4: Buffalo (5-2) W
Week 5: Jacksonville (2-6) W
Week 6: Indy (0-8) W
Week 8: Seattle (2-5) W

They have beaten one team with a winning record - by 3 at home, and lost to Denver! Definitely improved, but still a team that we can beat if we play our game.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Great win for the Steelers...But should store it away. This weeks game is the must win game for the Steelers. Yes...Nothing will be finalized with a win or loss but a loss virtually puts you 2 L behind the Ravens if they are 1st in division. Taking away controlling your own fate is not what you want to do a mid point. If the Steelers can beat the Ravens and Bengals....They will position themselves very nicely for the home stretch. Add in the bye to get some players healthy and Harrison's return...You have to like their chances.

Northern_Blitz
10-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Great win for the Steelers...But should store it away. This weeks game is the must win game for the Steelers. Yes...Nothing will be finalized with a win or loss but a loss virtually puts you 2 L behind the Ravens if they are 1st in division. Taking away controlling your own fate is not what you want to do a mid point. If the Steelers can beat the Ravens and Bengals....They will position themselves very nicely for the home stretch. Add in the bye to get some players healthy and Harrison's return...You have to like their chances.

Biggest game of the year next week. We win and we should take the division.

Too bad Ari couldn't hold on against Balt.

Sonny
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
We were coming off of our best performance of the year 2 years ago going into the Bengals game, and we blew it. I think getting swept by the Bengals hurt us mentally about as much as losing Troy.

Either way, we have to win next week. Getting swept by the Ravens, the way they are playing would be detrimental to our team going into the 2nd half of the season, weak schedule or not.

Dee Dub
10-31-2011, 03:06 PM

Really Sonny? After yesterday's game, the "Sunny" I am feelin' today is this...

Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.
Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My sunny one shines so sincere.
Sunny one so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the sunshine bouquet.
Sunny, thank you for the love you brought my way.
You gave to me your all and all.
Now I feel ten feet tall.

Sunny, thank you for the truth you let me see.
Sunny, thank you for the facts from a to c.
My life was torn like a windblown sand,
And the rock was formed when you held my hand.

Sunny

Sunny, thank you for the smile upon your face.
Sunny, thank you for the gleam that shows itís grace.
Youíre my spark of natureís fire,
Youíre my sweet complete desire.

Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.
Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My sunny one shines so sincere.

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2011, 03:24 PM
I would love to see the Pats* again in the AFC Championship game, but they have to do something about their DBs if they expect to get that far.

Ed: The Witch Ain't Dead

MONDAY, 31 OCTOBER 2011 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Good morning,

Ding, dong, the witch is dead?

The Steelers did get over the hump when they beat Tom Brady and his Patriots yesterday, beat them convincingly. It's not as if that loss will send the Patriots reeling and tumble out of playoff contention. No, these two teams could very well meet again and it would be fitting if they did so at Heinz Field in the AFC championship game so the Steelers could have an opportunity to confront one more New England ghost.

Speaking of which, happpy Halloween.

Onto some stuff:

-- Yes, yes, I picked the Patriots to win, joining a majority. But if you take a look at my picks for the entire season on Sept. 11, you will notice that I am 7-1. My only miss was the opener because I picked the Steelers to beat Baltimore. I've won seven straight since then. I picked their loss in Houston and, indeed, I picked their victory yesterday. I should stick with my original thoughts. The only loss I have them taking the rest of the season is . . . not Baltimore, not Cincinnanti, but at San Francisco.

-- I have yet to see Cincinnati play but I still find it hard to believe they are 5-2 with a rookie quarterback in a lockout year with no offseason workouts. Good for Marvin Lewis, and good for the game in two weeks because it makes it more interesting.

-- Ben Roethlisberger's performance Sunday should go a long way to convince many that he does belong in that upper echelon. He doesn't do it the way Tom Brady or Peyton Manning does, but he does do it.

-- Anyone seen Bryant McFadden?

-- If James Harrison does not make it back for this week's game against Baltimore, the Steelers defense will be severely tested with that group of four linebackers without LaMarr Woodley and James Farrior.

-- There was no big deal that the Steelers played six defensive backs much of the game yesterday. They always play the nickel alot against the Patriots, who spread you out alot. But they've been using six defensive backs the past four games instead of the nickel because Lawrence Timmons has been playing for the injured Harrison. As the rush end for Harrison, Timmons is not available to also play the middle linebacker in the nickel. So, instead of putting Larry Foote in that defense, they sub an extra defensive back -- rookie Cortez Allen, mostly.

-- YOU: Great gameplan on both sides of the ball! I love how Arians kept the heat on the Pats and stayed aggressive. Lebeau seemed to play much more man-to-man defense while puting Ike in the slot at times to cover Welker. The "young money" crew did great. I'm convinced that Ward isn't a top 3 receiver on this team anymore. Farrior's absence didn't seem to impact the D, either. Did we just get a peek at the 2012 Steelers?

ME: Maybe the 2011 Steelers.

-- YOU: Why do teams, us included, and NE today, defer when they win the coin
toss? Our first drive was exactly the reason why, in my opinion, you
do not defer.
ME; I made a friendly bet that whoever won the toss would take the ball yesterday. Silly me. I have no clue what their thinking is when two teams with that kind of offensive firepower will defer and let the other offense go first.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... -aint-dead (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/112904-ed-the-witch-aint-dead)