PDA

View Full Version : Just gotta ask ... what was it with those 2sacks at the end?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Anybody think they were planned? Or was it just our way to give heart attacks to Steeler Nation??

flippy
10-30-2011, 08:02 PM
They were running the clock out and wanted to give Sep room to punt on 4th down.

Discipline of Steel
10-30-2011, 08:04 PM
AKA no faith in Sushi to hit a simple FG longer than 30 yrds.

I foresee tryouts at K this week.

AzStillers1989
They were running the clock out and wanted to give Sep room to punt on 4th down.

That's the way I saw it.

Great game today...

bring on Baltimore ...

:tt2 :Beer :tt1 :Steel

Steelgal
I think they were planned. They knew the Pats* would stack the line, so Ben was probably told if someone was wide open pass, otherwise take a sack. Maybe they don't have complete reassurance that the backs won't fumble???

SteelAbility
10-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Anybody think they were planned? Or was it just our way to give heart attacks to Steeler Nation??

I liked the play-calling. If a good pass opens up, take it. If not, take the sack and eliminate the temptation to kick a FG if you are down at the 32 and create more room for your punter. On the other hand a punt from the 32 is pretty easy to put out of the EZ and eliminate any chance of a return.

anger 82&95
10-30-2011, 08:14 PM
I’m not sure about the former, but the latter certainly worked on me…

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-30-2011, 08:56 PM
I think they were planned. They knew the Pats* would stack the line, so Ben was probably told if someone was wide open pass, otherwise take a sack. Maybe they don't have complete reassurance that the backs won't fumble???

Hey SteelGal, that is just what I was wondering about too! Although I thought that was Mewelde Moore's value - he won't f* it up.

Just weird ... I'll have to look for a replay of those two sacks and see if a) Ben hugged the ball tight tight tight like he was thinking a sack was just fine, or b) if he was looking to throw it as he was being pulled down.