PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls

BradshawsHairdresser
10-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Lots of players to choose from, but today, I give mine to the Steelers' secondary. Their coverage throughout the game against Brady and the *'s was huge.

Suddenly, it seems we don't need to be talking about finding a CB...

BURGH86STEEL
10-30-2011, 08:12 PM
The entire team gets a game ball.

Steelhere10
10-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Wood!
Close second tie between Ben and Ike.

feltdizz
10-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Ben

Eddie Spaghetti
10-30-2011, 08:15 PM
cortez allen really stepped into the breech. he was locked up on gronk several times.

i really like this kid.

SteelAbility
10-30-2011, 08:22 PM
I think the whole team showed game balls today. ;)

hawaiiansteel
10-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Catch by Committee: :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Heath Miller, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders each had at least five catches for a total of 70 yards or more.

grotonsteel
10-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Ben and the offense for winning the TOP.

Brady did not play badly. They just could not get enough plays.

steelz09
10-30-2011, 09:07 PM
cortez allen really stepped into the breech. he was locked up on gronk several times.

i really like this kid.

I've said it all along :) I think this kid as the athleticism to compete in this league regardless that he played ball at the Citadel.

He looks big out there. He looks biigger than any other of our corners based on first appearance. It says something that he's getting playing time this early in his career. I know he's a big dude, but he needs to learn to tackle lower.... he was tackling those big TEs a bit too high. :Beer

flippy
10-30-2011, 09:29 PM
1. Gotta give it up to the coaches - we attacked on offense and defense. Brucie went with quick developing plays. And Dickie allowed the corners to play press. Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, etc. You are fudged up. Our secondary is becoming our strength. The only tougher receiving matchup than NE is Carolina and we don't have to play them in the SuperBowl.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Game ball #1 - anyone in his first two seasons of playing:

Sylvester, Sanders, Brown, Allen etc. These guys showed us today that the standard is the standard.

On O: Ben, Heath

On D: Ike, Wood, Clark had a few nice plays

Honorable mention: BA - How many times did we have a guy wide open in the middle of the field, mostly Miller early in the game. Receivers got open and he was able to exploit the D.

Lebeau: Owned by who? He finally included pressure on Brady as a NE gameplan and his secondary came up huge as well.

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2011, 02:01 AM
I would give my game ball to this guy:

http://www.steelersuk.com/steelers/coaches/early-dick-lebeau-300.jpg

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-31-2011, 06:36 AM
I would give my game ball to this guy:

http://www.steelersuk.com/steelers/coaches/early-dick-lebeau-300.jpg

A Lion among men!!

AngryAsian
10-31-2011, 07:08 AM
BA and DL.... phenomenonal game plans.

steelblood
10-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Marcus Gilbert, Max Starks, Ike.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-31-2011, 09:50 AM

i really like this kid.

I've said it all along :) I think this kid as the athleticism to compete in this league regardless that he played ball at the Citadel.

He looks big out there. He looks biigger than any other of our corners based on first appearance. It says something that he's getting playing time this early in his career. I know he's a big dude, but he needs to learn to tackle lower.... he was tackling those big TEs a bit too high. :Beer

Reading the kid's bio out of college it read almost exactly like Ike's had 8 years earlier. Big kid, freakish athlete, late bloomer (he redshirted at the Citadel), small school......throw in the fact that he was drafted in the fourth round and you have a clone.