PDA

View Full Version : Bellicheat was outcoached today....

steelerkeylargo
10-30-2011, 07:49 PM
The offensive playcalling (redzone excluded) and the Planet Steelers Defensive scheme was fantastic. Our young corners are really coming on....even Gay!!

BradshawsHairdresser
10-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Nobody more deserving of a beating than Bellicheat. . . :lol:

Steelerphile
10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
The offensive playcalling (redzone excluded) and the Planet Steelers Defensive scheme was fantastic. Our young corners are really coming on....even Gay!!

I agree wholeheartedly. This is the first game that I felt that the Steelers had the advantage in the gameplan and coaching department. I have often felt the Steelers have overall better talent. I felt that way in the game also. Without Brady, I don't think the Patriots are all that.

Pahn711
10-30-2011, 08:13 PM
I think its more about the Patriots not having enough talent on both sides of the ball (especially the defense), but I guess that argument won't fly considering their success against other teams.

Peter King reported that Ryan Clark said it was all about the man coverage, could we have pulled that off if our corners hadn't improved?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-30-2011, 09:04 PM
I think its more about the Patriots not having enough talent on both sides of the ball (especially the defense), but I guess that argument won't fly considering their success against other teams.

Peter King reported that Ryan Clark said it was all about the man coverage, could we have pulled that off if our corners hadn't improved?

I saw Clark on Welker once, did anyone notice if our D Backs had the same guys man-on-man most of the time, or did they trade around?

DukieBoy
10-30-2011, 09:10 PM

I saw Clark on Welker once, did anyone notice if our D Backs had the same guys man-on-man most of the time, or did they trade around?

Seemed to me that they changed up alot. Might have helped be unpredictable and confusing for Thom Lady.

Flasteel
10-30-2011, 09:59 PM

Agreed 100% brother.

I just drove through your hood today...on the way back from Fantasy Fest. :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

I would have shot you a PM to maybe catch the game if it weren't for a tight schedule.

NJ-STEELER
10-30-2011, 10:09 PM

Agreed 100% brother.

I just drove through your hood today...on the way back from Fantasy Fest. :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

\
that is a great party

gotta get back there one of these years

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2011, 01:31 AM
Bill Belichick’s PostGame Press Conference Transcript

Written by Ian Logue Posted October 30, 2011

Here’s Bill Belichick’s complete postgame press conference transcript following New England’s loss to the Steelers.

OPENING STATEMENT:

“That’s obviously a disappointing game. Give the Steelers credit, they played well, they did a better job than we did today. They just outplayed us, outcoached us, they did a good job. Hopefully we can get back to work and play better than that going forward. But it just wasn’t a real good day for us in any phase of the game, in any area. We just didn’t do a good enough job. So that’s really about all there is to say.

On the struggles of their pass defense:

“Gave up too many third downs, that was a big problem. If we had made some of those plays on third down we wouldn’t be talking about some of the other plays.”

On the fact that Bodden’s release must have meant he felt the players he had were good enough:

“We make the decisions we feel that are best for the team, so that’s what every decision is.”

On the strategy and execution of the first onside kick:

“It wasn’t very good. We called got called for offsides, the ball didn’t go ten yards, so that’s obviously not what we were trying to do.”

On his thoughts to kick the onside kick instead of kicking it deep:

“We had confidence in the play. Thought we would execute it well, thought we’d have a good chance to get the ball. It obviously didn’t work out that way.”

On what Pittsburgh did differently this time to shut Brady down:

“Just what I said at the beginning. Pittsburgh did a good job today, give them credit.”

On how concerned he is about the pass defense:

“We’ve got to have to do a better job in every area, based on today. We need to play better offense, we need to play better defense, we need to play better special teams. We need to coach better, we need to play better. That wasn’t our best effort today. I’m not questioning the effort, it wasn’t very good execution. We just didn’t get it done.”

On the move to replace Antwaun Molden with Phillip Adams, if it was based on performance:

“No, we used a lot of players on defense.”

On the changing personnel in the secondary:

“I’ll do what we think is best every week, whatever we think gives us the best chance to win. That’s what we’ve always done, that’s what we’ll continue to do. We’ll do what we think is best for the team.

On if between the pass rush and the secondary they have the talent to affect the elite quarterbacks in this league:

“We’ll find out every week.”

On knowing they were going to lose Ras-I Dowling and then releasing Bodden, and then not having much experience in the backfield:

“We definitely need to do a better job than we did, we had trouble the whole way through.”

On what was wrong with Bodden and if there was something he did wrong:

“No, I think I’ve already answered that question three times.”

On what the plan was to get to Roethlisberger and if they had a plan to slow him down.

“Yeah of course.”

Would you mind sharing that?

“Would I mind sharing it….I mean we came in with our game plan. We hit him sometimes, there were plenty of times we didn’t hit him. He had a good day. He threw the ball well, his receivers made good plays.”

On whether or not he thought about challenging the Gronkowski catch at the goal line at the end:

“I thought about it, but there was no evidence to say to challenge it. I mean I certainly couldn’t see it from my angle, and I don’t believe they replayed the play in the box, but there was nothing to tell us that he wasn’t….I don’t know whether he was or not.”

On Kevin Faulk’s Return:

“It was good to have him back, but like I said I think we’ve got to do a lot better job as a team, offensively defensively, and special teams and that’s obvious. That includes everybody.”

http://www.patsfans.com/ian/blog/2011/1 ... nscript-4/ (http://www.patsfans.com/ian/blog/2011/10/30/bill-belichicks-postgame-press-conference-transcript-4/)

feltdizz
10-31-2011, 08:29 AM
I was surprised to see Faulk in the game... he has been a thorn in our backside for years. He looked old and slow yesterday.

LouSteel
10-31-2011, 08:43 AM
I was surprised to see Faulk in the game... he has been a thorn in our backside for years. He looked old and slow yesterday.

I dunno... he had some good pickups off short passes.

Watching Ryan Clark absolutely demolish him at the goal line was pretty f'n sweet though :Cheers

feltdizz
10-31-2011, 08:58 AM

Watching Ryan Clark absolutely demolish him at the goal line was pretty f'n sweet though :Cheers

yeah but those pick ups used to be chain movers and momentum killers.

ikestops85
10-31-2011, 09:22 AM

I agree ... that hit reminds me of what I like about Clark. He might not be the best cover guy but he is a ferocious hitter and he cleans up a lot of messes when our front 7 break down.

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Belichick’s personnel moves come under scrutiny

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 31, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/b-belichickyell.jpg?w=144

New England’s loss to Pittsburgh, like every Patriots loss during this decade-long run of success, has caused some soul searching in the most navel-gazing sports town in America.

The focus this Monday is on the lack of defensive talent, as it should be. With a weak pass rush and a worse secondary, it appears that the Patriots have huge flaws on defense that haven’t improved in the season’s first half.

“Belichick the general manager has let down Belichick the coach,” Greg A. Bedard of the Boston Globe writes. “The Patriots simply don’t have enough talent to beat the elite teams in this league.”

We’re not sure what team is elite anymore. The AFC is littered with good, not great squads. Everyone has two losses. There aren’t many complete teams, although Pittsburgh has a chance if their offensive line holds up.

Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com wrote something about Belichick’s shaky defensive acquisitions before the loss to the Steelers, noting how much the team has swung and missed in the secondary. After the game, things only looked worse.

“Has Belichick lost his fastball when it comes to defense, both in terms of schemes and personnel evaluation, and is it time for him to open his mind to outside thinking?” Reiss asked.

Other than Devin McCourty and Patrick Chung, the entire secondary is made of “street free agents,” undrafted players, and waiver claims. Too many players with key roles were picked up just before or during this season.

“It was leaking a little in the back end so they were giving us a lot more opportunities to do a lot of different things, and I think we took advantage of it,’’ Antonio Brown of the Steelers said.

Mike Wallace echoed those words, telling Chris Gasper of the Globe the Patriots “still were 32nd” in pass defense, no matter what the reasons were.

Bill Belichick teams traditionally play better late in the year, especially on defense.

Belichick the coach has his work cut out for him this time around because the defensive roster simply isn’t very impressive.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -scrutiny/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/31/belichicks-personnel-moves-on-defense-come-under-scrutiny/)

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2011, 04:07 PM

He got the Joey Porter reaction from me..."Faulk is still playing?!?!"

I thought he retired and it was all Green-Ellis, Ridley, Woodhead, etc. now.

steelerkeylargo
10-31-2011, 10:58 PM

Agreed 100% brother.

I would have shot you a PM to maybe catch the game if it weren't for a tight schedule.

Nice, that stuff is crazy down there!!