PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little worried, our defense is old, slow and done ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-30-2011, 07:29 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

hawaiiansteel
10-30-2011, 07:35 PM
it also was nice seeing some of our young guys on defense like Ziggy, Sly, Chris Carter, Cortez Allen, Ryan Mundy and Keenan Lewis get a chance to play and contribute today! :tt2

Oviedo
10-30-2011, 07:38 PM
it also was nice seeing some of our young guys on defense like Ziggy, Sly, Chris Carter, Cortez Allen, Ryan Mundy and Keenan Lewis get a chance to play and contribute today! :tt2

Amazing that we got young players on the field and they produced. What a novel concept :wink:

Let's hope it is a trend going forward and not an anomaly.

SteelAbility
10-30-2011, 07:38 PM
You were a couple of HA's short :nono but I'll let it slide. :wink: :lol:

The defensive job is so much easier without those stupid cushions, ain't it?

Pahn711
10-30-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm looking forward to Inside the NFL this week, lets see how far Warren Sapp backtracks :tt1

DukieBoy
10-30-2011, 07:47 PM
A little OT, here but speaking of old and slow, Chad Ochostinko was invisible today, except the one time Keenan Lewis outran him on his deep route.

And I heard one talking head say that O-Stink would have a breakout game today vs the Steelers.

Pahn711
10-30-2011, 07:48 PM
A little OT, here but speaking of old and slow, Chad Ochostinko was invisible today, except the one time Keenan Lewis outran him on his deep route.

And I heard one talking head say that O-Stink would have a breakout game today vs the Steelers.

Ha, yeah hes been pretty quiet to the media as well, maybe now he realizes he can't back up the talk.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-30-2011, 07:52 PM
You were a couple of HA's short :nono but I'll let it slide. :wink: :lol:

The defensive job is so much easier without those stupid cushions, ain't it?

Yeah, sorry, I got a bit carried away, I edited a few away ... :lol: :tt2 :tt1

Shoe
10-30-2011, 07:54 PM
The sentiment wasn't without merit though SAS. Remove Aaron Smith (as much as we've loved him), remove Farrior, and things look rosier. I liked that although Wood' got hurt, guys like Chris Carter and Sylvester got quality playing time. Keenan Lewis is looking better and better, possibly a starter for us. Carter looks fast (though he does need strength; and yes, the penalty was dumb). Sylvester, didn't really notice but he has flashed in the past. Ziggy/Cam probably did at least a solid job. McLendon has potential. We still have Worilds. Curtis Brown made a play on ST today.

As it relates to this year, the wild card IMO is when Harrison comes back. I theorize that the eye injury was a blessing in disguise, as it gives him a chance to rest his back for a good stretch, not exerting it til more healthy. When he does return, I'm theorizing that he will be close to typical Silverback mode (instead of the older, slower guy we saw in the first couple weeks).