PDA

View Full Version : Who will Marcia* pick on?? Or ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-28-2011, 11:35 AM
... what does LeBeau have to game plan for?

My guess is that the Pats* offense will try to exploit our MLPEs (Middle Linebackers from the Paleolithic Era), Foote and Farrior, with crossing patterns by Welker and Hernandez (?).

I don't know how to necessarily defend against that ... I hope DL does!

RuthlessBurgher
10-28-2011, 12:13 PM

My guess is that the Pats* offense will try to exploit our MLPEs (Middle Linebackers from the Paleolithic Era), Foote and Farrior, with crossing patterns by Welker and Hernandez (?).

Simple...don't use the 3-4 with two old ILB's. Steady diet of nickle and dime everywhere except for 3rd and short or goal line situations. Use a 4 man line with Woodley, Keisel, and Heyward rotating at DE and Hood, McLendon, and Hampton rotating at DT. This moves Timmons back inside where he is most effective. In nickel, it would be Timmons and Farrior at ILB with Ike, Gay, Lewis, Troy, and Clark in the secondary. In dime, it would be Timmons by himself at ILB with Ike, Gay, Lewis, Troy, Clark, and Mundy in the secondary (Troy could come down near Timmons and be a quasi-LB-type in these situations...I think Troy and Timmons would do a far better job on the NE TE's than Gay did last year trying to cover Gronkowski).

Dee Dub
10-28-2011, 12:14 PM
I had a vision...and in that vision Lawrence Timmons comes off the edge and hammers Brady. The blow is a violent one that is magnified by the hard hit to the ground. Brady breaks his collarbone and is done not only for the remainder of the game, but also for the rest of the year. This one play/hit is now the major topic of the media world. They talk about it for like ever. The league is compelled to make a rule change that says when you hit a QB, you must immediately jump off him in mid air so that it cushions the blow from the ground. It will be called the Brady II rule.

Regardless, the Steelers win the game and go on to win their 7th Super Bowl. But the media says that they do only because Brady got hurt....and Ben still isnt elite.

:stirpot

steelz09
10-28-2011, 12:37 PM
My guess would be Foote & W. Gay

feltdizz
10-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Woodley...

SteelCrazy
10-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Whoever guards Welker is the one who'll get picked on the most....

steelfin
10-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Welker didnt beat us last time...It was the two TEs. They will focus on the middle of our defense throwing to their TEs.

feltdizz
10-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Welker didnt beat us last time...It was the two TEs. They will focus on the middle of our defense throwing to their TEs.

Welker moved the chains and extended drives... he may not score the TD's but he is the key to their offense.

papillon
10-28-2011, 04:26 PM
It doesn't matter to Brady. Whoever is open is getting the football. They aren't going to specifically identify a defender and pick on that player. Brady is too good for that. Gronkowski just happened to be open last year, it wasn't Brady picking on Gay per se, Gronkowski was open and Gay happened to be covering him.

Tom Brady isn't going to avoid any Steeler defender either; none of them have proven that they can make a difference or cause Brady to avoid that area of the field.

If Welker is open, he'll get the ball, if its Gronkowski, he'll get the ball, Hernandez, same thing, Branch, Green-Ellis, take your pick. The Steelers are going to need pressure early and often to try and limit the Patriots to 30 or less and then the offense can't commit turnovers and they need to score TDs rather than FGs.

The Patriots offense is very good.

Pappy

NJ-STEELER
10-28-2011, 05:01 PM
please dont have willie gay any where near gronkowski

SteelCrazy
10-28-2011, 05:23 PM

Welker moved the chains and extended drives... he may not score the TD's but he is the key to their offense.

Thank you feltdizz, my words before I could type them.

SidSmythe
10-28-2011, 07:39 PM
No reason to use the 3-4 ... i'd rather give up 100 yards rushing than watch Brady's TE's torch our LB's all day. Make Woodley a full time pass rusher.

MaxAMillion
10-28-2011, 07:46 PM
There is no way to stop this offense if you can't pressure Brady. Fans don't want to hear that but it is true. The Steelers need to win this game with their offense. The Steelers need to score early to actually put some pressure on the Pats.

Go back and look at all the Pats games with Brady and the same thing happens each game. The Pats play from in front. The Steeler offense almost always seems to take at least one half to get going and by then it is too late. The other issue is turnovers. The Steelers always lose the turnover battle with the Pats because Ben is always under pressure and Brady is not. I don't see how any of this changes.

Chavezz
10-28-2011, 07:48 PM

Simple...don't use the 3-4 with two old ILB's. Steady diet of nickle and dime everywhere except for 3rd and short or goal line situations. Use a 4 man line with Woodley, Keisel, and Heyward rotating at DE and Hood, McLendon, and Hampton rotating at DT. This moves Timmons back inside where he is most effective. In nickel, it would be Timmons and Farrior at ILB with Ike, Gay, Lewis, Troy, and Clark in the secondary. In dime, it would be Timmons by himself at ILB with Ike, Gay, Lewis, Troy, Clark, and Mundy in the secondary (Troy could come down near Timmons and be a quasi-LB-type in these situations...I think Troy and Timmons would do a far better job on the NE TE's than Gay did last year trying to cover Gronkowski).
I concur...

DukieBoy
10-29-2011, 01:18 PM
When Troy plays deep, Brady has been effective at looking him off, making Troy commit to one of two receivers, and then Brady throws the other way.

Play the Dime and let Troy freelance all over the short middle. Troy will wreak havoc that way on the short passing game, and he can play the run more effectively when he is close to the LOS. We'll need good single coverage on the outside receivers and keep one safety deep. But we can affect Brady's short game.

JAR
10-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Like the water slide is picking on him? :)

http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/tomy-brady-waterslide.jpg