PDA

View Full Version : Re: Pats* : Some on this board are saying ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-25-2011, 09:43 PM
... we should do vanilla, even if it means losing, so that we have something left in the coaching tank when we meet them in the playoffs.

Acknowledging that could be right ... I absolutely don't want to do that. I want to come out with a plan to smack them in the mouth, beat them down like a rented mule, and aim for total abject humiliation.

I don't want to believe that we only have 1 chance to beat them this year, so we should save it for the playoffs.

If we lose, we lose ... but I want to go down fighting.

The Giants went out and tried to do that, and barely lost in their SB year (they could have laid down and rested their starters, their playoff spot wasn't going to be affected by the game one way or another), but they went for smack-down.

I gotta believe they did better in the Superbowl because of the way they lost ... I think if they had rested their starters and just "saved" it for the post-season they would not have won the SB.

So, Tomlin and LeBeau, and (barf) Ariens - if you're listening to me ... play to beat the cr*p out of those guys!!

HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!

birtikidis
10-25-2011, 09:56 PM
I'd throw as many looks at them as I could. Beat the tarnashion out of them and give them a crap load to digest on film. Then come up with more.

SteelAbility
10-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Absolutely! If we beat NE we have the head-to-head edge on playoff seeding. With our week schedule we could very well be looking at 13-3 or 14-2 if we beat NE.

I believe, if we run the table from here we would get the 1-seed. Only 3 tough games left ...

NE
BAL
SF (I'm not yet sold on SF, but with the data we have so far they have to be considered a tough match up for now)

SteelAbility
10-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Losing is always going to bother me, but if we lose to NE in the same old way by giving big cushions and don't change anything defensively and Brady just dinks/dunks all up and down the field all day, I consider that completely unacceptable.

Flasteel
10-25-2011, 10:21 PM
I'd throw as many looks at them as I could. Beat the tarnashion out of them and give them a crap load to digest on film. Then come up with more.

The only acceptable course of action, my brother. :tt2

chiken
10-26-2011, 06:38 AM
The Race is to close to be giving away (err losing) games - Crush these clowns - We should be able to run with them this year (on OFfense)

SteelTorch
10-26-2011, 03:02 PM
The PLAYOFFS? You kidding me???

Stupid idea. What if losing this one game costs us the playoffs? No. You do what it takes to beat a team. Worry about the playoffs later.

williar
10-26-2011, 06:41 PM
It would be hard for me to take our team seriously if we allow NE to walk into our house and beat us down again, the same way... That would just be too much.

I mean, what is the plan. To wait for Brady to retire before we plan to ever compete with NE again... At some point you gotta step up and say, it's not going to happen today. Kind of like the way the ravens gave us the beat down on opening day....

hawaiiansteel
10-26-2011, 06:52 PM
The PLAYOFFS? You kidding me???

http://rlv.zcache.com/you_want_to_talk_about_playoffs_mousepad-p144330943102655466trak_400.jpghttp://media.nj.com/devils_main/photo/9013775-large.jpg

feltdizz
10-26-2011, 07:14 PM
You play to win the game.

hawaiiansteel
10-27-2011, 01:30 AM
You play to win the game.

:Agree and I believe the Steelers will do exactly that this Sunday against the Pats*...

Steelers believe game with Patriots is 'Five Star Matchup'

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mike Tomlin wasn't about to say anything remotely controversial about the Patriots heading into Sunday's game, but running back Isaac Redman revealed what the Steelers' coach is saying to his team behind the scenes.

"Like Coach Tomlin said, it's a five-star matchup because they're in it," Redman said.

Tomlin used the phrase 'It's a five-star matchup because we're in it' all throughout the stretch run of the 2008 Super Bowl season when the Steelers faced Dallas, New England, Baltimore and Tennessee in consecutive weeks.

"So far this year, we really don't have the respect from a lot of people we've had in the past," Redman said. "So these next upcoming weeks we go out and punch out these wins, and hopefully we'll get the respect we deserve."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1bwvitBz8 (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763979.html#ixzz1bwvitBz8)