PDA

View Full Version : Kordell Says:

AkronSteel
10-25-2011, 11:58 AM
The Steelers have no chance of beating the Patriots on Sunday!! He says the Steelers will be exposed and that Tom Brady will shred the defense apart. I sure hope the team sees this and uses it as motivation.

ikestops85
10-25-2011, 12:03 PM
The Steelers have no chance of beating the Patriots on Sunday!! He says the Steelers will be exposed and that Tom Brady will shred the defense apart. I sure hope the team sees this and uses it as motivation.

He must be thinking back to the days he was our QB going against the Patriots. :Hater

Dee Dub
10-25-2011, 12:04 PM

I think he is confused. He's right in a sense but it was Kordell who the Patriots exposed. He went into an AFCC game thinking he was an NFL QB and Patriots showed him he wasnt.

Slapstick
10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
I think he is confused. He's right in a sense but it was Kordell who the Patriots exposed. He went into an AFCC game thinking he was an NFL QB and Patriots showed him he wasnt.

I thought the Broncos showed him that...

Dee Dub
10-25-2011, 12:18 PM

I thought the Broncos showed him that...

Actually they both did. Broncos (1998), Patriots (2002).

The Steelers had their chances late in the game, but Kordell Stewart threw two interceptions in the final three minutes after Pittsburgh had cut into an 18-point deficit and trailed only by a touchdown.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... eelers_ap/ (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2002/playoffs/news/2002/01/27/patriots_steelers_ap/)

Starlifter
10-25-2011, 12:36 PM
here's the thing. I think korkie's probably full of it - but based on our track record vs the pats, even to last year - if we DO get shredded, would that shock anyone?

personally, i'm more interested in the rats next week. we lose to the pats and we can still position ourselves nicely for january. don't want to go 0-2 to baltimore. win against the rats and the game between the steelers and pats that I'm more concerned about winning will occur early next year.

kindlecatsb'ng
10-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Mangini and Bayless are going for the Steelers this week and not a blow out for the Patriots. Mangini named 3 reasons and Korkie still challenged him.

GO STEELERS! and tnx Jacksonville :tt2

grotonsteel
10-25-2011, 01:14 PM
personally, i'm more interested in the rats next week. we lose to the pats and we can still position ourselves nicely for january. don't want to go 0-2 to baltimore. win against the rats and the game between the steelers and pats that I'm more concerned about winning will occur early next year.

:Agree

I somehow don't care about Pats game. I hope Steelers play vanilla defense and offense. I want Steelers to beat the crap out of Cheatroits in Jan but i don't care about Cheatroits this coming Sunday. I just don't want Steelers to show bellycheat their cards during regular season game. He still might be recording the signals.

flippy
10-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Mangini and Bayless are going for the Steelers this week and not a blow out for the Patriots. Mangini named 3 reasons and Korkie still challenged him.

If we'd go out and get Mangini to replace Lebeau, I think we'd beat the Pats.

RuthlessBurgher
10-25-2011, 01:40 PM

If we'd go out and get Mangini to replace Lebeau, I think we'd beat the Pats.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

fezziwig
10-25-2011, 04:40 PM
I wish the Steelers would bring Mangini in as an assistant to Lebeau.

Sugar
10-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Based on recent performances, I also predict the Patriots to win- and I'm a Steelers fan. Kordell is just going off what his eyes have shown him this year and the history between the two teams. It's not hate, it's just reasoning.

The Man of Steel
10-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Who is Tommy Maddox picking to win on Sunday?

rpmpit
10-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Who is Tommy Maddox picking to win on Sunday?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SteelAbility
10-25-2011, 07:25 PM

:Agree

I somehow don't care about Pats game. I hope Steelers play vanilla defense and offense. I want Steelers to beat the crap out of Cheatroits in Jan but i don't care about Cheatroits this coming Sunday. I just don't want Steelers to show bellycheat their cards during regular season game. He still might be recording the signals.

But the key here is that win over NE and we get the head-to-head tie-break over them, which can make the difference between 1-seed/2-seed or 2-seed/3-seed.

fezziwig
10-25-2011, 07:34 PM
I can't remember if it was the Fan radio show today or the NFL channel that they reported, Tom Brady made the comment " he's got Dick Lebeaus number." Whew, big surprise.

I don't know why anyone would get upset that people, including Steeler fans would pick the Patriots over the Steelers.

Until we soundly beat them and when it really counts, the odds will be against a Steeler win.

hawaiiansteel
10-28-2011, 03:51 AM
Stewart says Steelers can't beat Patriots

October, 27, 2011
By Jamison Hensley

Kordell Stewart doesn't believe in his former team when it comes to playing Tom Brady.

Stewart, who was known as "Slash" when he quarterbacked Pittsburgh from 1995 to 2002, said the Steelers can't beat the New England Patriots on Sunday.

"The offense of New England is just too potent," Stewart said on ESPN's "First Take." "I don't think they have a chance."

Stewart's assessment comes from watching the success of Brady and the Patriots' offense. "They've exposed the Pittsburgh Steelers over time by spreading them out, by putting [safety Troy] Polamalu outside the box and cover someone," he said. "There's a multitude of problems on this defense when it comes to understanding how to defend the New England Patriots' offense."

Stewart said the last team to slow down the Patriots was the Dallas Cowboys, but that doesn't help Pittsburgh.

"When you look at the Pittsburgh Steelers, that's not their DNA and how [Cowboys defensive coordinator] Rob Ryan ran that defense," Stewart said. "Their DNA is confuse you by putting two, three hands in the ground and maybe walk some guys around and lurk Troy Polamalu down to the middle of the field. That won't be the case."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... t-patriots (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/34338/stewart-says-steelers-cant-beat-patriots)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-28-2011, 11:31 AM
If we beat the Pats and lose to the Ravens we might have a tie breaker over NE but it likely won't matter since it will be difficult to win our division.

If we lose this week and then beat the Ravens then we likely have the second seed behind the Patriots.

While I prefer to win both games, if I had to pick one of these two I would rather have plan B.

hawaiiansteel
10-30-2011, 10:29 PM
I see Kordell is about as good of a football forecaster as he was a QB... :roll:

Steel Life
10-30-2011, 10:55 PM
I think Steeler Nation owes a debt of gratitude to Mike Greenberg of ESPN's "Mike & Mike"...he deliberately picked the Pats to use his black-cat powers of prognostication to aid his Jets & us! I'll take it...

Scarletfire1970
11-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Stewart says Steelers can't beat Patriots

October, 27, 2011
By Jamison Hensley

Kordell Stewart doesn't believe in his former team when it comes to playing Tom Brady.

Stewart, who was known as "Slash" when he quarterbacked Pittsburgh from 1995 to 2002, said the Steelers can't beat the New England Patriots on Sunday.

"The offense of New England is just too potent," Stewart said on ESPN's "First Take." "I don't think they have a chance."

Stewart's assessment comes from watching the success of Brady and the Patriots' offense. "They've exposed the Pittsburgh Steelers over time by spreading them out, by putting [safety Troy] Polamalu outside the box and cover someone," he said. "There's a multitude of problems on this defense when it comes to understanding how to defend the New England Patriots' offense."

Stewart said the last team to slow down the Patriots was the Dallas Cowboys, but that doesn't help Pittsburgh.

"When you look at the Pittsburgh Steelers, that's not their DNA and how [Cowboys defensive coordinator] Rob Ryan ran that defense," Stewart said. "Their DNA is confuse you by putting two, three hands in the ground and maybe walk some guys around and lurk Troy Polamalu down to the middle of the field. That won't be the case."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... t-patriots (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/34338/stewart-says-steelers-cant-beat-patriots)
Haha.

Suck it Kordell!

fezziwig
11-04-2011, 09:59 PM
I see Kordell is about as good of a football forecaster as he was a QB... :roll:

Once again he missed his mark

SteelAbility
11-04-2011, 10:02 PM

Once again he missed his mark

... and by about the same amount too. :lol:

Captain Lemming
11-04-2011, 11:25 PM
I think you misspelled "Cordell."

I still don't know why people care what he says?

http://www.realtvcritics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/walker-texas-ranger.jpg