PDA

View Full Version : way to go Jax!!

Starlifter
10-25-2011, 12:02 AM
they can run and play defense. good formula for success.

as for flacco - really? no 1st downs in the entire first half????

just give up baltimore. you can't win in january with joe fool. step aside and let someone from the north with a chance to win playoff games take care of business...... :ratsuck :ratsuck

chiken
10-25-2011, 06:44 AM
that was sweet to watch.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Yes...Big Help! Not one that you would think happen. AFC loss and a "common opponent" loss is big. The door opened quickly now. This is the opportunity you look for that the Steelers needed after a slow start with the injuries. The OL is developing chemistry on the right side and Starks new body seems to have old heavy feet playing some of his best ball in pass pro. We have to take care of our own because the Ravens game is still the game that could dictate the season. Now the next two games could take the Steelers into "Catch me if you can" mode if they some how win both. Wow...Talk about overnight promise...Hope the Steelers see what was just put on their plate!

JAR
10-25-2011, 08:34 AM
But what happened? During MNC, all of the talking heads said the Ratbirds were the best team in the AFC. :ratsuck

They're even starting to eat their own... :)

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic ... overs-now/ (http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/41945-where-are-all-the-flacco-lovers-now/)

Steelers>NFL
10-25-2011, 08:58 AM

just give up baltimore. you can't win in january with joe fool. step aside and let someone from the north with a chance to win playoff games take care of business...... :ratsuck :ratsuck

Hey, i remember a week ago, a better QB named Ben Roethlisberger did not do crap in the whole second half of the game. So, you really can't knock Flacco. Ben is so-called elite and he was pathetic...

steelcurtain44
10-25-2011, 09:08 AM
But what happened? During MNC, all of the talking heads said the Ratbirds were the best team in the AFC. :ratsuck

They're even starting to eat their own... :)

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic ... overs-now/ (http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/41945-where-are-all-the-flacco-lovers-now/)

I find it funny, but reading those posts looks eeriely similar to this board after every lost the Steelers have. Fire the OC, OL sucks, WRs couldn't get open, bad coaching, I my favorite, when there are two sides when it comes to the QB.

Slapstick
10-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Hey, i remember a week ago, a better QB named Ben Roethlisberger did not do crap in the whole second half of the game. So, you really can't knock Flacco. Ben is so-called elite and he was pathetic...

Yes, you can knock Flacco...

Ben showed that one half of good offensive football is enough to beat the Jags...Flacco couldn't even manage that... :ratsuck :Beer

JAR
10-25-2011, 10:06 AM

You can't knock Flacco? Seriously? He's horrible. 7 games, with an average 52.3% completion rate (in 4 of those it was at 50% or below). 150 yards per game (including one game of 34 yards). 4 TD, 7 INT, and 3 fumbles.

Now, looking at the above, how can anyone in their right mind complain about Ben?

pfelix73
10-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Flacco suks- he's hit his ceiling as an athlete- this is as good as he'll ever be...Which isn't saying much.. I think Henne will end up having a better career than Flakko...We'll see.

:tt1

Dee Dub
10-25-2011, 12:13 PM
You can always be assured that in the NFL teams (using game film), will always find your weakness. It is very common to see young players (especially at QB), come in and have some early success. But once a team has figured out where you have flaws they will exploit that. Look at Flacco, Josh Freeman, and Sam Bradford. They are struggling. And you can bet it's gonna happen to Cam Newton too. :wink:

And again....Thank God, Ben Roethlisberger is the QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers. :Clap

Starlifter
10-25-2011, 12:42 PM
of course you can blame flacco. his last interception was almost rookie worthy. I like to think of it in John Madden terms, when he said (paraphrased) during SB 43 "can you do it, and can you do it when you NEED to do it"

I don't think flacco can.

pittpete
10-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Not going to defend the unibrow, but it was said all night how the receivers were failing to get any kind of separation.
:ratsuck

Pahn711
10-25-2011, 02:08 PM
The Jaguars gave the Steelers a run for their money last week, people shouldn't be so surprised by this outcome.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
10-25-2011, 02:22 PM

Maybe JAX is not that bad, their defense looks pretty solid. Ben at least led three drives for points Flacco not so much :wink:

Doogie36
10-25-2011, 04:11 PM
I find it funny, but reading those posts looks eeriely similar to this board after every lost the Steelers have. Fire the OC, OL sucks, WRs couldn't get open, bad coaching, I my favorite, when there are two sides when it comes to the QB.

:Clap

Yep our offense was HORRIBLE! Your OL was garbage!! Defense was horrible!!! Fire everyone and start over!!!! LOL

All those negative posters and yet here we sit in 1st place by a 1/2 game.

Like I said its tough to win on the ROAD.....PERIOD!!!!!!!! you take every win you can regardless of the fashion you win it buy! I'm sure the Ravens would of loved to have an ugly 10-9 victory last night. THe sad thing is we struggled in LOUD stadiums!! The Ravens last night had 1/2 the crowd behind them and still lost! JVILLE has the worst home crowd in the NFL so you can't even blame that for the Ravens struggles!!!!

The best news of it all at 5-2 is we still havent played our BEST GAME and to me thats a huge positive for this team and for us fans.

It's a lot more enjoyable as a fan if you actually find the good in a team instead of knocking every darn game!!!!!!!!!

Sugar
10-25-2011, 04:28 PM
I have a number of friends that live in JAX, one of whom is a bigtime Ravens fan. We have a good relationship, but he was ecstatic to get to watch his team play the pitiful Jags in person. I almost- almost, felt bad for him today.

Since the second half of last week, the Jags haven't been all that bad actually. It's too bad that it's probably too little, too late even this early in the season.

SteelAbility
10-25-2011, 07:29 PM

Can't knock Flacco? Without Ray Rice the Ravens are pretty much completely unable to move the ball with any consistency. That in itself is a knock on Flacco.

Pahn711
10-25-2011, 07:44 PM

It's a lot more enjoyable as a fan if you actually find the good in a team instead of knocking every darn game!!!!!!!!!

....So, when they play bad, we should only talk about what they did good? Thats no fun.

Sonny
10-26-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't know what to make of Flacco. When he came in as a starter in 2008, I honestly thought the Ravens had found their guy, and I was upset about that. Give them a real QB, along with a defense that seems to never get old(uhh, Ray Lewis? If he ever retires, watch and see how they fall off), and they would be in contention every year.

Right now? I don't know. That whole "Joe Cool" thing, that cool demeanor that I thought was a positive, now he just looks stupid with the "deer in the headlights" thing going on. This is an emotional game, when have you ever seen him get mad about a bad play? It's getting old and i'm happy that he has made no real progression in his 4th year.

How many times will he "come of age", like he did last year with his TD pass to win against us?