PDA

View Full Version : Ok what's up with the hyphenated last names?

Dee Dub
10-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Stephens-Howling? Cromartie-Smith? Jones-Drew? Green-Ellis? Sims-Walker? What is happening to men in our world? Are these guys like getting married and struggling with taking their husbands last name or something?

Frickin' Man Up would Ya!!!!

Signed: DeeDub-DVSONE-SFL! :P

papillon
10-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Stephens-Howling? Cromartie-Smith? Jones-Drew? Green-Ellis? Sims-Walker? What is happening to men in our world? Are these guys like getting married and struggling with taking their husbands last name or something?

Frickin' Man Up would Ya!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's funny and I don't care who ya are!

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
10-24-2011, 03:51 PM

just curious, why did you change your name a couple of times?

hawaiian-steel

Dee Dub
10-24-2011, 03:57 PM

hawaiian-steel

I thought that was board knowledge??? I was a bad boy in my past life and got banned. Between here and the Trib...ya know.

I play nice now.

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2011, 03:57 PM
I know Maurice Drew added the Jones to his nameplate after his grandfather, Maurice Jones (who raised him), died while watching him play in the Rose Bowl in college. As for the rest of them, I don't know their situations.

hawaiiansteel
10-24-2011, 04:01 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":x1m1xgyq]

hawaiian-steel

I thought that was board knowledge??? I was a bad boy in my past life and got banned. Between here and the Trib...ya know.

I play nice now.[/quote:x1m1xgyq]

would you attribute this to finding the Lord?

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2011, 04:04 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":28umq6gg]

hawaiian-steel

I play nice now.

would you attribute this to finding the Lord?[/quote:28umq6gg]

Jesus-Emmanuel Jehovah-Christ :wink:

Dee Dub
10-24-2011, 04:09 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":lbse4e0q]

hawaiian-steel

I play nice now.

would you attribute this to finding the Lord?[/quote:lbse4e0q]

Absolutely!!!

A total transformation. But...let me tell you..I still have more holes in me than Swiss Cheese. But I know today I am on the right path, heading in the right direction, and I am aware of these character flaws.

hawaiiansteel
10-24-2011, 04:14 PM
[quote=hawaiiansteel][quote="Dee Dub":1cym1jft]

hawaiian-steel

I play nice now.

would you attribute this to finding the Lord?[/quote:1cym1jft]

Absolutely!!!

A total transformation. But...let me tell you..I still have more holes in me than Swiss Cheese. But I know today I am on the right path, heading in the right direction, and I am aware of these character flaws.[/quote:1cym1jft]

not to hijack your thread, but how did you come to make this transformation? did you just wake up one morning and you knew you had to do something different or was there something that happened?

Prowler
10-24-2011, 04:14 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":3kcs591a]

hawaiian-steel

I play nice now.[/quote:3kcs591a]

You were never really a bad guy, you just had some strong opinions. I enjoy your knowledge of the game and opinions very much!! I might not agree with them but I can laugh at them now, just as you can laugh at mine when I'm wrong, which is more often than you. All the best, SFL!!

Dee Dub
10-24-2011, 04:16 PM
I guess I forgot some....

Heyward-Bey, Pierre-Paul, Alama-Francis, and one old school one....Fuamatu-Ma'afala.

Dee Dub
10-24-2011, 04:29 PM
not to hijack your thread, but how did you come to make this transformation? did you just wake up one morning and you knew you had to do something different or was there something that happened?

I believe it was living a life wrong for a long time that caught up to me. You ever hear that saying of "being sick and tired of being sick and tired"? I got that way. I tried doing it my way for the majority of my life and came to realize that just doesnt work. Every time I hurt someone I eventually was hurting myself just as much. Speaking for myself here, I looked at finding my answers in the world or what the world projects as happiness and found that I was actually far from happy. Now..this doesnt mean that life is always happy as a Christian...but I can honestly say that the day I surrendered my life over to Him...things improved in and around me. Mostly my perception of things.

Dee Dub
10-24-2011, 04:30 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":f475fiqh]

hawaiian-steel

I play nice now.

You were never really a bad guy, you just had some strong opinions. I enjoy your knowledge of the game and opinions very much!! I might not agree with them but I can laugh at them now, just as you can laugh at mine when I'm wrong, which is more often than you. All the best, SFL!![/quote:f475fiqh]

Ditto my Brother!! Now...if I can get you to only layoff my guy Woodley.. :lol:

Flasteel
10-24-2011, 04:32 PM
I think most of it is honoring multiple family names. Especially in this day and age when so many kids are raised by a mom or family with a different last name than what's on their birth certificate.

I called many of Dominique Rodgers games in high school and there was no Cromartie. I think in his case he wanted to associate himself with his cousin Antonio Cromartie, coming out of college.

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2011, 07:15 PM
I think most of it is honoring multiple family names. Especially in this day and age when so many kids are raised by a mom or family with a different last name than what's on their birth certificate.

I called many of Dominique Rodgers games in high school and there was no Cromartie. I think in his case he wanted to associate himself with his cousinhis cousin Antonio Cromartie, coming out of college.

His other cousin, Aaron Rodgers, is pretty darn good player in his own right. J/K :D

Dee Dub
10-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Couple more things on the hyphenated last name. I considered doing that with my children, give them someone else's last name after mine. That way when they embarrass me and do something stupid I can say, "that aint my kid".

...also...I own my wife. I not only made sure my wife took my last name but I even considered changing her first name. Something that better suited me and who I am. Ya know? :stirpot

MeetJoeGreene
10-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Jwhat will be really interesting is when hyphenated names marry other hyphenated names and have kids
With double hyphenation.

MeetJoeGreene
10-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Some most excellent hyphenated names:

http://perezsolomon.com/2010/08/04/the- ... ames-ever/ (http://perezsolomon.com/2010/08/04/the-best-hyphenated-names-ever/)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 945AAI8OuQ (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071009171945AAI8OuQ)

Chucktownsteeler
10-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Chris Fuamatu- Ma'afala

Hyphenated and abbreviated

:tt2

Dee Dub
10-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Some most excellent hyphenated names:

http://perezsolomon.com/2010/08/04/the- ... ames-ever/ (http://perezsolomon.com/2010/08/04/the-best-hyphenated-names-ever/)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 945AAI8OuQ (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071009171945AAI8OuQ)

I dont know what was funnier....Wang-Holder or Butt-McCracken. :lol:

I once used Holden McGroin on a prank call once. :P

feltdizz
10-26-2011, 09:52 AM

I believe it was living a life wrong for a long time that caught up to me. You ever hear that saying of "being sick and tired of being sick and tired"? I got that way. I tried doing it my way for the majority of my life and came to realize that just doesnt work. Every time I hurt someone I eventually was hurting myself just as much. Speaking for myself here, I looked at finding my answers in the world or what the world projects as happiness and found that I was actually far from happy. Now..this doesnt mean that life is always happy as a Christian...but I can honestly say that the day I surrendered my life over to Him...things improved in and around me. Mostly my perception of things.

That's an awesome line.... :Bow

Dee Dub
10-26-2011, 11:55 AM

That's an awesome line.... :Bow

Thanks felt.

Slapstick
10-26-2011, 12:39 PM
My very favorite was Craven-Moorhead...