PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Chris Kemoeatu?!!

Dee Dub
10-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Another stupid, unnecessary, undisciplined, personal foul. I dont get it. How many more of these do we have to see before something is done internally with the Steelers? If you dont address this how is he ever going to see the need to stop doing it?

:HeadBanger

Mister Pittsburgh
10-24-2011, 12:07 PM
I just told my buddy this morning, Kemo should be fined about 100k for that crap. That is the 4th time I can recall in the past 2 seasons that moron has taken a personal foul penalty by diving head first into the pile after the play is clearly over. One of these times he is going to end up spearing a Steeler in the pile.

Dude has to be a total moron. He also got dusted pulling to the right side in time to pick up a block that allowed Ben to get crushed.

LouSteel
10-24-2011, 03:19 PM
He's dumber than a box of rocks, and is the weakest link on this OL.

The only thing he does remotely well is moving into space and finding someone to engage. I do not trust him anywhere else, especially in pass protection.

Unfortunately, Essux is also miserable.

Legs needs to hurry back from his toe injury and win the starting spot. You might give up a bit in the run game, but he's not a zero in pass protection and doesn't pick up stupid penalty after stupid penalty.

ikestops85
10-24-2011, 03:31 PM
I think we all had a lot of hope for Kemo a few years back. I think by now we all are done with his acts of stupidity. :HeadBanger

I think Tomlin gave the 'One Trick Pony' nickname to the wrong Steeler. It should go to Kemo who can run block when he pulls but fails in every other area.

skyhawk
10-24-2011, 04:04 PM
What a complete bonehead. Should have been benched.

Ghost
10-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Pouncey got one a few games back that was ridiculously late. Everyone on the line should understand that's going to be called every time.

hawaiiansteel
10-24-2011, 05:47 PM
MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2011

posted by Dale Lolley

Chris Kemoeatu was back and so were the stupid penalties and plays.

First was a grab of the facemask of a pass rusher running by him.

Then came an inexplicable dive into a pile of players lying on the ground after a short pass to Hines Ward that drew an unnecessary roughness penalty, about the 10th time in his career he's pulled that one off.

He finished things off by wasting about 10 seconds jawing with a defensive player behind the play while the Steelers were trying to run their two-minute offense late in the first half.

Head coach Mike Tomlin could be seen pointing to his head, reminding Kemoeatu to think after he was dragged back to the line of scrimmage following the third bozo play of the game.

And that was all in the first half.

Kemoeatu is only seven years into his career with the Steelers. There's still room for growth there.

By the time he spends his final years in the league with the Cardinals, maybe he'll finally get it.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

NorthCoast
10-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Not only Kemo,. but how about David Johnson?...two false starts for a guy that is stand right next to the QB?

I was hoping DJ could work to get his game at a pro level, but sadly, the guy is just not very good at what he is supposed to do.

Steel Life
10-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Maybe its just me, but didn't the team have two of it's better running games with Special K on the bench? Seems Legursky can execute that trap block just as well, if not better than Kemo & he sure wouldn't have those boneheaded penalties,

RuthlessBurgher
10-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Maybe its just me, but didn't the team have two of it's better running games with Special K on the bench? Seems Legursky can execute that trap block just as well, if not better than Kemo & he sure wouldn't have those boneheaded penalties,

When Legursky get's healthy, I'd advocate inserting him back at LG. But until them, it's Kemo or nothing (by nothing, I mean Trai Essex).

Pahn711
10-25-2011, 04:05 PM

When Legursky get's healthy, I'd advocate inserting him back at LG. But until them, it's Kemo or nothing (by nothing, I mean Trai Essex).

Has Legursky really proven hes better than Kemo and Foster? I'm not so sure....

fezziwig
10-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Kemo has the size or is tougher than the other guys but, the other guys are a lot smarter in my opinion.

hawaiiansteel
10-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Steelers guard Kemoeatu was fined $25,000

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu was fined $25,000 by the NFL today for two separate penalties against the Arizona Cardinals.

Kemoeatu was fined $10,000 for a face mask on defensive lineman Darnell Dockett and $15,000 for a late hit on linebacker Paris Lenon.

The Steelers have now been fined a reported $120,000 this year with four offensive linemen receiving fines -- Kemoeatu, Ramon Foster ($15,000), Doug Legursky ($10,000) and Maurkice Pouncey ($7,500).

Kemoeatu was fined three times last year totaling $17,500 inlcuding twice for late hits in the AFC Championship game against the N.Y. Jets.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1bv1oIVGl (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763957.html#ixzz1bv1oIVGl)

feltdizz
10-26-2011, 06:28 PM
I can't stand Kemo. The guy is one dimensional. Until he learns how to block a stunt he is worthless.

fezziwig
10-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Steelers guard Kemoeatu was fined $25,000

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu was fined $25,000 by the NFL today for two separate penalties against the Arizona Cardinals.

Kemoeatu was fined $10,000 for a face mask on defensive lineman Darnell Dockett and $15,000 for a late hit on linebacker Paris Lenon.

The Steelers have now been fined a reported $120,000 this year with four offensive linemen receiving fines -- Kemoeatu, Ramon Foster ($15,000), Doug Legursky ($10,000) and Maurkice Pouncey ($7,500).

Kemoeatu was fined three times last year totaling $17,500 inlcuding twice for late hits in the AFC Championship game against the N.Y. Jets.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1bv1oIVGl (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763957.html#ixzz1bv1oIVGl)

That guy has gotten away with more late hits than he has been fined for. He must be dumber than a box of rocks and my apology to all boxes of rocks.

Pahn711
10-26-2011, 09:01 PM
That guy has gotten away with more late hits than he has been fined for. He must be dumber than a box of rocks and my apology to all boxes of rocks.

:roll: You know usually, O-linemen are considered among the smartest players on the field. He may make some bonehead decisions and let the situation get the best of him, but lets not go overboard. If he was truly as dumb or one-dimensional as people claim, he wouldn't be starting for an NFL football team (and don't say no other team would want him, the Jets tried to snatch him away in 2009). Hes still better than Legursky and Essex.

ikestops85
10-27-2011, 11:02 AM

:roll: You know usually, O-linemen are considered among the smartest players on the field. He may make some bonehead decisions and let the situation get the best of him, but lets not go overboard. If he was truly as dumb or one-dimensional as people claim, he wouldn't be starting for an NFL football team (and don't say no other team would want him, the Jets tried to snatch him away in 2009). Hes still better than Legursky and Essex.

I'm not so sure he is better than Legursky. Kemo pulls better than Legs but other than that I think Legs does a better job. Legs is definitely a better pass blocker and I think he is also a better straight ahead blocker even though he isn't as strong as Kemo.

I think we made a bad decision resigning Kemo and also Colon. As far as I'm concerned we could have let both of them walk.

Pahn711
10-27-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm not so sure he is better than Legursky. Kemo pulls better than Legs but other than that I think Legs does a better job. Legs is definitely a better pass blocker and I think he is also a better straight ahead blocker even though he isn't as strong as Kemo.

I think we made a bad decision resigning Kemo and also Colon. As far as I'm concerned we could have let both of them walk.

Whether Kemo is better or not is certainly up to debate, I'm just not confident that the difference is as obvious as some people think. Similar types of accusations were made against Max Starks and I think the same defense argument can be applied: whether it was a decision by the coaches or the front office, if the guy wasn't capable of playing at a high level he wouldn't have stuck with the team so long.

fezziwig
10-27-2011, 04:02 PM

Whether Kemo is better or not is certainly up to debate, I'm just not confident that the difference is as obvious as some people think. Similar types of accusations were made against Max Starks and I think the same defense argument can be applied: whether it was a decision by the coaches or the front office, if the guy wasn't capable of playing at a high level he wouldn't have stuck with the team so long.

Pretty good point you made. I really don't see obvious except when Kemo does some of his stupid stuff. Take away some of his bone headed plays and I don't believe he is that bad of a guard. It just irks me when he does do that kind of mental error stuff.
I've seen Legs get tossed around at times and I really can't say I noticed that happening to Kemo.

hawaiiansteel
10-27-2011, 04:11 PM
I've seen Legs get tossed around at times and I really can't say I noticed that happening to Kemo.

the worst I've ever seen Chris Kemoeatu look was in last year's game versus Buffalo. the Bills' Kyle Williams threw Kemo around like a rag doll all game long and Kemo ended up with three holding penalties.

Pahn711
10-27-2011, 04:43 PM

the worst I've ever seen Chris Kemoeatu look was in last year's game versus Buffalo. the Bills' Kyle Williams threw Kemo around like a rag doll all game long and Kemo ended up with three holding penalties.

I've heard announcers like Collinsworth call Kemo among the "best pulling guards in the game." Now thats just one guy's opinion, but it does seem like criticism involving him tends to be confined mostly to fan forums (unless I've been ignoring tons of pittsburgh media coverage over the last few years).

If only one game out of his whole career sticks out in your mind where Kemo was getting manhandled, I'd say thats not too bad. Legs had at least 1 as well, and this is only his first year starting. So again, I don't think theres enough definitive proof to say who is better overall, and with Kemo's experience and run blocking ability, I'd stick with him.

hawaiiansteel
10-27-2011, 05:04 PM

I've heard announcers like Collinsworth call Kemo among the "best pulling guards in the game." Now thats just one guy's opinion, but it does seem like criticism involving him tends to be confined mostly to fan forums (unless I've been ignoring tons of pittsburgh media coverage over the last few years).

If only one game out of his whole career sticks out in your mind where Kemo was getting manhandled, I'd say thats not too bad. Legs had at least 1 as well, and this is only his first year starting. So again, I don't think theres enough definitive proof to say who is better overall, and with Kemo's experience and run blocking ability, I'd stick with him.

Chris Kemoeatu played his high school ball here in Hawaii, so I'm not gonna dump on a local boy. I think his knee is bothering him quite a bit, he has stated that he will need to have surgery on it after the season ends.