PDA

View Full Version : 2004 redux the next two weeks

tomiesteel10
10-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Will this be the game the steelers lay a beaten on the Pats like they did in 2004
and a beaten to the ravens the week after

Sugar
10-23-2011, 11:00 PM
It would be nice, but I highly doubt it. The Pats will be the favorites and the way the Steelers are playing now, they will lose by double digits.

That said, as we found out in 2004 and again in 2005, it's how you play at the end of the year that matters most.

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2011, 10:23 AM
I remember it well...in week 8, the Steelers, led by a rookie QB named Ben Roethlisberger, take down the undefeated Cheetahs 3420 at Heinz Field, then follow that up by beating the undefeated Iggles 273 at Heinz Field the next week as well (those two teams would ultimately face off against each other in the Super Bowl that year). Those two back-to-back games are what cemented in my mind once and for all how truly special our young QB was.

:tt2 :tt1

Mister Pittsburgh
10-24-2011, 12:01 PM
If Professor Lebeau deploys the same tacticts vs. the Patriots he usually does, and simply expects different results, I would expect a loss because our LB's are slower and older than the past few times they have shredded us.

Also, heaven forbid our offense go out and kick a teams butt that has the worst defense in the league.

In all seriousness I would expect a decent game but I don't like the fact the Patriots have had two weeks to prepare for this one.

MeetJoeGreene
10-24-2011, 12:04 PM
I remember it well...in week 8, the Steelers, led by a rookie QB named Ben Roethlisberger, take down the undefeated Cheetahs 3420 at Heinz Field, then follow that up by beating the undefeated Iggles 273 at Heinz Field the next week as well (those two teams would ultimately face off against each other in the Super Bowl that year). Those two back-to-back games are what cemented in my mind once and for all how truly special our young QB was.

:tt2 :tt1

Me too... and I too was thinking that I hope these next two weeks mirror the 2004 outcomes.

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Fun fact:

Pittsburgh has the top ranked pass defense in the NFL, while New England has the worst ranked pass defense in the NFL.

We give up 157.7 yards per game through the air, while they give up 322.2 yards per game through the air...more than twice as much.

Bombs away, baby!!!

Eich
10-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Fun fact:

Pittsburgh has the top ranked pass defense in the NFL, while New England has the worst ranked pass defense in the NFL.

We give up 157.7 yards per game through the air, while they give up 322.2 yards per game through the air...more than twice as much.

Bombs away, baby!!!

Then again, we've played some of the worst teams in the league so far. The Cheater's schedule to this point has been more difficult than ours.