PDA

View Full Version : Remember what I have been saying about Ben Roethlisberger?

Dee Dub
10-23-2011, 06:34 PM
:tt2 :stirpot :Clap :moon :Bow

williar
10-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Nice team victory. I couldn't be happier..... Even though it was just the cardinals, I will celebrate for a minute, then on to the true test.....NE and Balt.... We shall see what we're made of...... :tt2

Steelhere10
10-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Great game Ben, thats the BR that i love.

DukieBoy
10-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Good Ben today, very good Ben! See you next week Ben!

SteelAbility
10-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah, but it was against the Cardinals so it doesn't count. :roll:

:lol:

Pahn711
10-23-2011, 07:51 PM
No I don't remember, what have you been saying? That eventually he'd have some good games against bad teams? Go you I guess :Beer

msp26505
10-23-2011, 07:58 PM
No I don't remember, what have you been saying? That eventually he'd have some good games against bad teams? Go you I guess :Beer

Welcome to my ignore list, jackwagon.

Pahn711
10-23-2011, 08:09 PM

Welcome to my ignore list, jackwagon.

:lol: You do that buddy, I dunno why you think I'd care about a guy who gets offended at someone for pointing out the obvious and :stirpot

hawaiiansteel
10-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Ben was 26/39 for 361 yards, 3 TDs with 0 Ints and a 121.8 passer rating today.

how any true Pittsburgh Steelers' fan isn't happy that Ben is our QB is beyond me...

DukieBoy
10-23-2011, 08:20 PM

how any true Pittsburgh Steelers' fan isn't happy that Ben is our QB is beyond me...

Top 3 QB, for my money! He was very strong today.

papillon
10-23-2011, 08:21 PM

Well, he doesn't do that every weekend like Brady, Rogers and Brees, oh wait... :stirpot

Pappy

Pahn711
10-23-2011, 08:23 PM

I never said I wasn't happy with his performance. I was more commenting on the "I told you so" theme of this thread.

Sonny
10-23-2011, 08:26 PM
The defense he will be facing next week isn't any better.

He shouldn't have any problem whatsoever going toe to toe with Brady next week.

Scarletfire1970
10-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice team victory. I couldn't be happier..... Even though it was just the cardinals, I will celebrate for a minute, then on to the true test.....NE and Balt.... We shall see what we're made of...... :tt2
Sure it is a TEAM victory when they win and Ben's fault when they lose. We get it.

Scarletfire1970
10-23-2011, 08:40 PM

For some reason our oline always seems to play like crap against the Pats

Pahn711
10-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Sure it is a TEAM victory when they win and Ben's fault when they lose. We get it.

Well....yeah, football is a TEAM game. Ben played great, but I'd like to keep things in perspective.

Scarletfire1970
10-23-2011, 08:47 PM

Well....yeah, football is a TEAM game. Ben played great, but I'd like to keep things in perspective.
so you are williar too?

Pahn711
10-23-2011, 08:49 PM

so you are williar too?

Nope. Sorry didn't know I couldn't chime in.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Glad Ben had a great game...and again, I'm glad he's on our team.

Still doesn't negate anything I posted. CONSISTENCY, CONSISTENCY, CONSISTENCY!

(BTW, DD, don't hurt yourself congratulating yourself! :lol: )

Scarletfire1970
10-23-2011, 09:01 PM

so you are williar too?

Nope. Sorry didn't know I couldn't chime in.Williar likes to blame Ben for losses and then he comments that it was a good TEAM win when we win. My point is you can't have it both ways.

williar
10-23-2011, 09:06 PM

Well, he doesn't do that every weekend like Brady, Rogers and Brees, oh wait... :stirpot

Pappy

I always appreciate a well-fought victory...but is it asking too much for Ben to have two good games in a row, (or at least beat a team with a winning record) you know, before we annoint him to all-world status.. :roll:

birtikidis
10-23-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm very disappointed with our pass blocking second half. Also thought Kemo looked as stupid as always. Ben made a lot out of nothing several times.

papillon
10-23-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm very disappointed with our pass blocking second half. Also thought Kemo looked as stupid as always. Ben made a lot out of nothing several times.

Yea, in the second half Ben managed to make free rushers leave their feet quite a few times and then make a play. I thought the offensive execution in general could have been a bit more crisp in the second half.

Defensively, I always hate the gratuitous late drive that keeps the game extended (the Cards final TD). The defense gave up a lot of yards, but played well, contained Wells and didn't let Fitz kill them.

Good game all around, I hope they can keep it going for the next two weeks.

Pappy

chiken
10-24-2011, 11:01 AM

Yea, in the second half Ben managed to make free rushers leave their feet quite a few times and then make a play. I thought the offensive execution in general could have been a bit more crisp in the second half.

Defensively, I always hate the gratuitous late drive that keeps the game extended (the Cards final TD). The defense gave up a lot of yards, but played well, contained Wells and didn't let Fitz kill them.

Pappy

well remember Pap, there was no Wells in the 2nd half... our defense doesn't seem to be playing on all cylinders - hoping we can dial in a solid performance against the next 2 opponents.

Steelers>NFL
10-24-2011, 11:41 AM

Worst yet, the LeBeau defense ALWAYS play like crap against Brady & the Pat*!
Here is hopnig the Hall of Famer DC figures something out against them for a change...

Steelers>NFL
10-24-2011, 11:42 AM

Worst yet, the LeBeau defense ALWAYS play like crap against Brady & the Pat*!
Here is hopnig the Hall of Famer DC figures something out against them for a change...

Dee Dub
10-24-2011, 11:59 AM
......but is it asking too much for Ben to have two good games in a row, (or at least beat a team with a winning record) you know, before we annoint him to all-world status.. :roll:

Yeah...like that's never happened before. :roll:

Mister Pittsburgh
10-24-2011, 12:04 PM

All I can say is I am glad he had a good day but would be more excited if he had a good day like that against a top team in a big matchup like this weekend or the one after.

Sonny
10-24-2011, 12:12 PM
I would LOVE to see him outplay Tom Brady.

In years past, whenever Ben put up big numbers like he has the last 3 weeks, he always had to mix in a few picks. Not this time.

All of this will mean nothing though if Ben gets his numbers, but they all come in the 2nd half after Brady did his damage in the first half.

Turnovers, people. Brady hasn't been shy about throwing picks lately. Wanna bet he plays a clean game this week? Same from Ben. 350/4 TDs/2 picks won't get it done. 260/3 TDs/0 picks will.

ikestops85
10-24-2011, 12:32 PM
It's nice to see the old Big Ben back. :tt2

That was certainly vintage Ben. The thing is he should have had better numbers. I think both Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown didn't give very good efforts on a couple of deep balls that were very catchable.

birtikidis
10-24-2011, 02:23 PM

Pappy

well remember Pap, there was no Wells in the 2nd half... our defense doesn't seem to be playing on all cylinders - hoping we can dial in a solid performance against the next 2 opponents.
We tend to do better against big backs like that anyway. Hurting Wells was not a good thing IMO. Howling smith or whatever his name is is the type of back that kills us.

NJ-STEELER
10-24-2011, 05:34 PM
looked like clark was on a mission to end beanie's day early after wells trucked him early in the game

feltdizz
10-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Great win but I wouldn't pat myself on the back for beating a team that's 1-5. If Ben has a good game the next 2 weeks I'll feel better moving forward. I know what Ben has done in the past and I don't expect us to win both games but I would love to see Ben look good vs the better teams.

Scarletfire1970
10-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Great win but I wouldn't pat myself on the back for beating a team that's 1-5. If Ben has a good game the next 2 weeks I'll feel better moving forward. I know what Ben has done in the past and I don't expect us to win both games but I would love to see Ben look good vs the better teams.Well there is really nothing good about NE's defense. We lose that game mainly because our defense can't stop Brady and our offense can't outscore him. Our oline always seems to have some problems with their defensive line. But Seymour used to kill us and he is gone, so maybe it won't be so bad this time.

feltdizz
10-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Great win but I wouldn't pat myself on the back for beating a team that's 1-5. If Ben has a good game the next 2 weeks I'll feel better moving forward. I know what Ben has done in the past and I don't expect us to win both games but I would love to see Ben look good vs the better teams.Well there is really nothing good about NE's defense. We lose that game mainly because our defense can't stop Brady and our offense can't outscore him. Our oline always seems to have some problems with their defensive line. But Seymour used to kill us and he is gone, so maybe it won't be so bad this time.

I don't expect us to solve the Brady dink and dunk but this should be a game where Ben has a chance to keep him on the side.