PDA

View Full Version : Remember what I have been saying about LaMarr Woodley??

Dee Dub
10-23-2011, 06:25 PM
:tt2 :stirpot :Clap :moon :Bow

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2011, 07:27 PM
You needed 2 separate threads for Ben and Woodley for this?

Don't throw out your shoulder patting yourself on the back.

DukieBoy
10-23-2011, 08:02 PM
We went from "Where's Woodley?? to "There's Woodley!" in about a half-month.

I hope he shows up big-time the next two weeks. We'll need him to shine. With a bye-week to plan, expect Beliache and the Cheaterrhoids will have plans for Mr Woodley.

pittpete
10-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Hes been playing lately like the playert he was payed to be.
Keep it up Wood :Beer

BradshawsHairdresser
10-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Glad he finally decided to show up...

Still doesn't earn him a pass for sleeping through the first month of the season...

Pahn711
10-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Glad he finally decided to show up...

Still doesn't earn him a pass for sleeping through the first month of the season...

As long as he keeps it up, I forgive him.

sentinel33
10-23-2011, 08:49 PM
He usually starts slow and builds up. Never understood the hate from some of the gang in here.

I never had a doubt. Frustrating as it was.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-23-2011, 08:53 PM
He usually starts slow and builds up. Never understood the hate from some of the gang in here.

No hate, but as a professional, he ought to come in ready to play from game one.
Every game counts.

Shoe
10-23-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm not trying to knock him but, does anyone else notice how much of his production comes from unblocked or vs. a TE/RB? Anyway, it's all well and good. But this week is Cheats* week. I want to see him do this next weekend.

papillon
10-23-2011, 09:02 PM

No hate, but as a professional, he ought to come in ready to play from game one.
Every game counts.

Do you really think he came into the year unprepared? Lazy? He wasn't playing hard the first 4 games? He planned on not playing well for a month?

I don't think that's his plan at all, sometimes, the other guy just plays better than you. Woodley doesn't remind me of a guy that doesn't prepare to play a game.

Pappy

Prowler
10-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Woodley is a paper champion. He pads his stats against weaker bad RT's and by getting sacks when he is unblocked. Witness the last two weeks for example. Against Guy Whimper of Jacksonville he pads his stats against a guy who has started a grand total of 7 games in 6 years. This week he faces a guy who has started 13 games in 4 years. Coincidence, I do not think so!!

Woodley is the Willie Parker of the defense. He'll get all these great stats but in 2 years time he will be out of the league when the team finally figures out how bad he is playing.

Sugar
10-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Woodley is a paper champion. He pads his stats against weaker bad RT's and by getting sacks when he is unblocked. Witness the last two weeks for example. Against Guy Whimper of Jacksonville he pads his stats against a guy who has started a grand total of 7 games in 6 years. This week he faces a guy who has started 13 games in 4 years. Coincidence, I do not think so!!

Woodley is the Willie Parker of the defense. He'll get all these great stats but in 2 years time he will be out of the league when the team finally figures out how bad he is playing.

You make it sound so easy. Why aren't 20-30 other guys in the league doing it if that's all there is to it? :roll:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-23-2011, 09:44 PM
I wonder if the fact that Snack and Smith aren't playing has helped Woodley's game.

Chavezz
10-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Wanna know the difference? It's not anything the Woodley is doing imo, it's having Ziggy Hood in there vs. Aaron Smith.

I love Aaron but he was getting trucked when he was in.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-23-2011, 10:02 PM

Every game counts.

Do you really think he came into the year unprepared? Lazy? He wasn't playing hard the first 4 games? He planned on not playing well for a month?
I think he came in not properly conditioned, and I think he didn't get real serious about playing well until after he heard the criticism four games in.

papillon
10-23-2011, 10:22 PM

Every game counts.

I think he came in not properly conditioned, and I think he didn't get real serious about playing well until after he heard the criticism four games in.

Maybe, but, Woodley doesn't remind of someone that doesn't prepare, that's just my take on it. I just don't think you can turn it on and off like it appears he's doing. I'd rather see him get stronger as the year progresses than vice versa, of course, as you've said, all 16 games would be best.

I just don't view him as a slacker or someone who doesn't work.

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
10-23-2011, 10:41 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/community_logos/1983/steel_curtain.gif

by John Stephens on Oct 23, 2011

"My game ball goes to LaMarr Woodley. His play today, especially in the 2nd half, was incredible. He finished with 4 tackles and 2 sacks. He should have had an extra sack, but Kolb's intentional grounding that lead to the safety brought one back."

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2112273/130145176_extra_large.jpg

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/

chiken
10-24-2011, 10:47 AM
the D line is finally playing - so our backers Can do their jobs.
Wood does start slow but he was horrible when Smith was in the game.. you can see the difference now.. He is ramping up game by game.. i'm expecting a monster season from this point forward.

Dee Dub
10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
You needed 2 separate threads for Ben and Woodley for this?

Don't throw out your shoulder patting yourself on the back.

Yes..I think these two players deserve their own threads. Been a lot of hate going towards these two. I wanted to remind those of not only what positives have been said about them but also the negative that some of those who have shown dislike for these two players have said.

I did use good judgement though Ruthless...I stopped short on the "Remember what I have been saying about Ryan Mundy" thread. :lol: Just kidding.

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2011, 12:21 PM

The only way Woodley is out of the league in 2 years would be if he were dead or a paraplegic.

eniparadoxgma
10-24-2011, 04:04 PM

The only way Woodley is out of the league in 2 years would be if he were dead or a paraplegic.

Yup. I'm still astounded by some of the things I see on here. Woodley out of the league in two years? Bwahahaha. :lol:

ikestops85
10-24-2011, 04:30 PM

or a steeler QB from the 80s

http://www.icollector.com/images/1593/20039/20039_1590_1_lg.jpg

NJ-STEELER
10-24-2011, 05:28 PM
woodely has at least 1 sack in 11 of the last 14 games. is that not "consistent"?

BTW, the tennessee RT is one of the better ones in the league