PDA

View Full Version : KEMO IS READY, BUT...

steelcurtain44
10-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Kemo is ready, and talking about getting on the field. I seriously hope he doesn't. Don't know about any of you, but I've always thought he was one of the weak links on this line. Does anyone on here agree with me?

birtikidis
10-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I agree to an extent. I feel he is better suited to play RG where he won't have to play in space so much.

RuthlessBurgher
10-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Doug Legursky is out for several weeks following surgery on his dislocated toe.

Right now, if Kemo can't go, the next option up is Trai Essex.

I, for one, really hope that Kemo can play, because I don't want Essex anywhere near the starting lineup. But that's just me.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-21-2011, 12:39 PM

I, for one, really hope that Kemo can play, because I don't want Essex anywhere near the starting lineup. But that's just me.

Agreed. I don't like Kemo being out there but in this case he is the least of all evils.

NorthCoast
10-21-2011, 12:43 PM

Agreed. I don't like Kemo being out there but in this case he is the least of all evils.

pretty sad state when we are picking the best of the worst to start....

Pahn711
10-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Kemoeatu has been starting for several seasons and is an upgrade over any guard we have. Not wanting him to play seems strange to me since we definitely do not have better options. Aside from Colon's new contract, isn't Kemoeatu now the highest paid o-lineman on the team?

pittpete
10-21-2011, 01:21 PM

hawaiiansteel
10-21-2011, 01:50 PM
sounds like Kemo's knee will be bothering him for the rest of the season...

posted by Dale Lolley

Wednesday, OCTOBER 19, 2011

Chris Kemoeatu is also back, though he says the cartilage problem in his knee that has forced him to miss three games will require surgery at season's end. He said he has already had the knee drained three times.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

birtikidis
10-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Call me crazy, but I'd really like to see what the rook out of Nebraska can do.

hawaiiansteel
10-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Call me crazy, but I'd really like to see what the rook out of Nebraska can do.

you mean Keith Williams, our 6th round draft choice?

the Steelers cut him and he is now on the practice squad of the Buffalo Bills.

hawaiiansteel
10-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Kemoeatu returns to offensive line in flux

Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011
By Mike Bires mbires@timesonline.com

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/timesonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/c/08/c081b1c3-c9ec-510b-9937-29c6ed9ec944/4ea0ed59cfd55.preview-300.jpg

PITTSBURGH — Chris Kemoeatu is good to go right now. But with an arthritic knee that’s bothered him since July, his status can change at any moment.

The Steelers’ first-team left guard the past four seasons will be back in the starting lineup Sunday. Beyond that, there are no guarantees.

Already this season, he’s had fluid drained from his knee three times. His knee is so damaged that he will need corrective surgery after the season.

“I feel good today. It’s 100 percent right now. It’s full go,” he said. “But sometimes you feel good and you go out there and it swells up. It’s like the same cycle all over again. The injury is very frustrating.”

Kemoeatu suffered the injury while working out this past summer as he prepared for training camp.

“I kind of tweaked it,” he said.

Once he arrived at St. Vincent College on July 29, he was immediately placed on the physically unable to perform list. He missed the first two preseason games, then started the last two. He started the regular-season opener in Baltimore, but missed the Week 2 game against Seattle.

Kemoeatu was back in the lineup for games in Indianapolis and Houston. But in the loss to the Texans, his knee flared up again and he missed the last two games.

“It’s definitely a frustrating feeling,” he said. “You want to be out there with your guys. You love the game. You have passion for the game. You want to be out there. When you’re not playing, you feel useless.

“So I’m definitely excited to be back this week.”

For the banged-up Steelers’ offensive line, Kemoeatu’s return couldn’t have come at a better time. Doug Legursky, who started the past two weeks at left guard, is hurt again. Legursky missed the game in Houston with a shoulder injury. Now he’s out indefinitely with a dislocated toe.

The only other healthy guard on the roster is Trai Essex, who’s listed on the depth chart as the back-up at center, right guard and right tackle.

“We have capable guys,” Kemoeatu said of all the shuffling on the line. “Me and Doug have been up and down. But I think we’ll be all right. We’ve been dealing with it. We just have to keep getting better and hopefully stay injury-free.”

There are no assurances Kemoeatu will finish the season without any more setbacks. All he knows is that once the season is over, his knee needs to be surgically repaired.

“That’s the plan right now,” he said. “It was 50/50 with surgery at the start of training camp. The cartilage ... there’s loose stuff in there from before. But I can play through it. I look forward to going out there and playing this week and seeing how it feels from there.”

In 2009, Kemoeatu signed a five-year contract worth $20 million that included a $3.885 million signing bonus. His base salary this season is $3.233 million.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local ... 1fa6b.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/kemoeatu-returns-to-offensive-line-in-flux/article_b7c41cec-198d-59a0-bb68-a1d27511fa6b.html)

lbs95915592
10-21-2011, 09:50 PM
I dont hate Kemo...but i dont love him either...so to speak. I wouldnt mind trying him at RG though...and let Foster start at LG until Legursky is back (as he did good there).

steelfin
10-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Kemo is better than Essex...If Kemo is healthy he needs to play!!!

birtikidis
10-21-2011, 11:04 PM
I had no idea we got rid of Williams.. wtf.

DukieBoy
10-22-2011, 01:15 PM
The run game stalled out last week once Essex went in at LG. Kemo can help make the run game go, though his pass pro is a liability.

pittpete
10-23-2011, 08:04 PM
This animal should be fined heavily for another one of his moronic late hits :loser

Pahn711
10-23-2011, 08:06 PM
This animal should be fined heavily for another one of his moronic late hits :loser

Seriously, I recall him doing that at least 2 or 3 other times throughout his career. Does he not hear whistles or something?

DukieBoy
10-23-2011, 08:11 PM
He hears the whistles but apparently has some processing weaknesses. Seriously, he is a liability in all but the role of pulling to block on run plays. The penalty today cost us a scoring drive and cost us momentum. It was another in a portfolio of similar bad penalties by Kemo, 15 yards after the whistle, no replay of the down, no simple 5 yarder there.

hawaiiansteel
10-24-2011, 12:40 AM
By Scott Brown and Ralph Paulk, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, October 24, 2011

• Starting left guard Chris Kemoeatu didn't waste much time making his presence felt after missing the previous two games. Not that the Steelers wanted Kemoeatu to announce his return in the way that he did. Kemoeatu picked up facemask and personal foul penalties in the first quarter -- on the same possession, no less. The second penalty short-circuited a promising drive.

There always has been a fine line between aggressive and ill-advised play when it comes to Kemoeatu, who also struggled in pass blocking yesterday. The less he flirts with it, the better it will be for the Steelers.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1bfC1a84V (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763487.html#ixzz1bfC1a84V)

Starlifter
10-24-2011, 01:19 AM
kemo is known for 2 things. stupid personal fouls that kill drives - and being bull rushed at the most inopportune times.

fezziwig
10-24-2011, 09:18 AM
If I was Tomlin I would have benched him as soon as he made that late block. I'm tired of his stupid crap and I hate seeing guys being cheap shot players !

I hope he gets one hell of a fine. There is no reason to do that type of stuff.

pittpete
10-24-2011, 09:19 AM
sit this pig and let him keep Mcfadden company

fezziwig
10-24-2011, 04:36 PM
I was listening to the Fan Radio Station today when a caller phoned in about Kemo and his late block/hit. Cookie and the other guy answered, there's no excuse it has to come down to, Kemo is just stupid. Yep, that is what they said and just went on knocking him about the guy just doesn't learn and he must be incapable of thinking quick enough on not to be doing those bone headed plays. No excuse for crap like that prior or after a play.

I was laughing because they just couldn't give him any excuse and continued to talk how stupid he is.

RuthlessBurgher
10-25-2011, 03:51 PM

You prefer to have Trai Essex starting at left guard? With Legursky on the shelf for several more weeks, Essex is our only replacement option at this time. No thanks.

Pahn711
10-25-2011, 04:04 PM

You prefer to have Trai Essex starting at left guard? With Legursky on the shelf for several more weeks, Essex is our only replacement option at this time. No thanks.

Exactly, theres no better option. Unfortunately, despite his shortcomings, I still think hes the best guard we have on the team.

fezziwig
10-25-2011, 07:41 PM
He's probably the lesser of the evils or they just hope he will have an up game instead of some of the stupid performances he puts out there at times.