PDA

View Full Version : Harrison's injury a good thing??

rpmpit
10-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Soft-ish schedule the rest of the way. A rested and fully healthy Harrison for the playoffs. Seeing what the younger guys can do. No fines :twisted:

Just trying to be positive. Obviously would love to have him back immediately. But we could make this work to our advantage.

SidSmythe
10-20-2011, 09:37 AM
the only good thing about this incident is that he has time to heal his back ...other than that...i'll take the fines!

ikestops85
10-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Do you really think Harrison is resting his back? Most likely he is trying to get his squat weight back up into the 600 lb range. :lol:

I just wish he could do preacher curls like a former board member. :moon

Pahn711
10-20-2011, 11:29 AM
A major byproduct of his back injury was that his leg strength was reported to be significantly diminished. So as long as he is able to keep working out, I don't think it will hurt him down the road much.

ramblinjim
10-20-2011, 01:39 PM
If we can sneak into the playoffs at 10-6 or 11-5 without him there is a piece of me that really likes the idea of a well rested, po'd Jimmy Hate coming back in for the playoffs and a Jason Worilds coming off the bench to spell with a couple of games under his belt.

This is assuming of course we can play like we played against Tennessee and not like we played against say Houston.....

BURGH86STEEL
10-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I hope Worlids makes it back so we can see what more he has to offer as a pass rusher. His chances were limited but he showed some flashes of being a good pass rusher in the past. Will be nice to see what he can do as a fill in starter.

hawaiiansteel
10-20-2011, 02:07 PM
I hope Worlids makes it back so we can see what more he has to offer as a pass rusher. His chances were limited but he showed some flashes of being a good pass rusher in the past. Will be nice to see what he can do as a fill in starter.

it's against the run that Worilds has shown himself to be suspect so far.

StarSpangledSteeler
10-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Harrison has never been a speed rusher off the edge. His assets are his strength and leverage. He is also very intelligent at diagnosing plays and being in the right position which helps make up for what he lacks in speed.

Worilds is very very quick off his first few steps. He closes well in space, but has a little trouble holding his position when being blocked. I think he's a lot more similar to Timmons than he is to Harrison.

I think its a huge advantage to get Worilds some snaps and experience against average or less talented competition. But if Harrison is not back for the Pats or Ravens that's going to suck donkey balls.