PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER disturbing stat about our team:

SteelTorch
10-19-2011, 01:26 PM
In the games the Steelers won, the opponents combined win/loss record is only 6-16. Granted, this includes their losses to the Steelers. But even without them, it's 6-12. This team's been having problems, but a lot of people have pointed to our 4-2 record as a reason to not worry. Granted wins are what really matter, and I'll always take them over a loss, but thus far this season, we've only won against one "good" team.

Likewise, our losses came against teams whose records are a combined 7-4.

Suffice to say, we have a problem beating good teams. Anyone who claims we're only 4-2 because we've faced some bad teams probably has a very good case to make. In fact, we got straight up dominated in both our losses and have only dominated one team so far this season. I know we're "only" six games in, but this does not look good. :?

pittpete
10-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Anyone that has watched all 6 games could probably come to the same conclusion that we are having problems.
"We dont need no stinken stats" :lol:
Hopefully we can get the offense,defense and special teams to start clicking on a more consistent basis.

Doogie36
10-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Straigt up dominated in week 1 ok CHECK! It was week 1..........the Ravens came out the following week and got dominated by the TITANS! We Dominated the TITANS! So what??? Dont get this article at all!

We have an easy schedule and like always its not how you start the race! It's how you finish!!!!!!!!!!! We always finish STRONG!

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2011, 01:36 PM
In fact, we got straight up dominated in both our losses and have only dominated one team so far this season.

I agree that we got dominated twice, by Baltimore and Houston, both on the road.

I disagree that we only dominated one team so far. I say we had our way with both Seattle and Tennessee, both at home.

Then we had two games against the Colts and Jaguars, one on the road and one at home, where we started strong and probably should have dominated, but then got complacent, and had to hold on for a couple of wins that were much closer than they should have been. The last time we came off a Super Bowl appearance, these types of games ended up being close losses instead of close victories (see the November-December losing streak following SBXLIII including embarrassing losses to the pathetic Raiders and Browns within 4 days of each other).

pittpete
10-19-2011, 01:44 PM
I dont feel that Houston dominated us.
They did everything in thier power to give us the game, we just failed to take it.
Same as Jax failed to take it from us last week.

hawaiiansteel
10-19-2011, 02:47 PM
I dont feel that Houston dominated us.

Houston definitely dominated us in the first half, but not in the second.

feltdizz
10-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Houston dominated us and if it wasn't for their penalties I think this board would've melted down by now.

Slapstick
10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Ummm...pretty much every team has problems beating "good" teams...

hawaiiansteel
10-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Ummm...pretty much every team has problems beating "good" teams...

:Agree

especially when we are playing those "good" teams on the road.

SidSmythe
10-19-2011, 05:30 PM
so stop watching the games why don't ya
no point in watching them play the Pats, Ravens or Bengals right???
Get some yardwork done or go work at a soup kitchen!

AngryAsian
10-19-2011, 07:20 PM
We'll know how good this team is in 10th days when a freshly rested straight off a bye Cheatriots team comes to town... Unlike our team, Brady and crew know how to finish games. This one well be losing bad. They've owned us for several seasons now and nothing lately tells me any different. Hope I am monumentally wrong, but....

SteelTorch
10-19-2011, 11:30 PM
so stop watching the games why don't ya
no point in watching them play the Pats, Ravens or Bengals right???
Get some yardwork done or go work at a soup kitchen!
Criticizing a team or noting flaws doesn't equal giving up or losing faith.

So GO SCREW YASELF! :moon

DrCalculus
10-20-2011, 01:28 AM
But...but....

The Patriots couldn't finish against the Bills...
...who couldn't finish against the Giants...
...who blew up at the end of their contest with the Seahawks...
...who were absolutely decimated by the Steelers.

By the transitive property of football, this means the Steelers should whomp the Patriots. So, nothing to fear.

:tt2 :D :lol:

AngryAsian
10-20-2011, 06:42 AM
But...but....

The Patriots couldn't finish against the Bills...
...who couldn't finish against the Giants...
...who blew up at the end of their contest with the Seahawks...
...who were absolutely decimated by the Steelers.

By the transitive property of football, this means the Steelers should whomp the Patriots. So, nothing to fear.

:tt2 :D :lol:

Now that kind of logic I can buy into... Nice work, Doc. I hope you are right because the two buddies I've been watching the games with for the past two seasons are both from the New England area... We'll be at eachothers throats, and over the last several years' poor performances, we need to win this one.

Notleadpoisoned
10-20-2011, 10:49 AM
We'll know how good this team is in 10th days when a freshly rested straight off a bye Cheatriots team comes to town... Unlike our team, Brady and crew know how to finish games. This one well be losing bad. They've owned us for several seasons now and nothing lately tells me any different. Hope I am monumentally wrong, but....
I'm really hoping for 35-45 MPH sustained winds with some heavy rain or even snow for that game.

ikestops85
10-20-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm really hoping for 35-45 MPH sustained winds with some heavy rain or even snow for that game.

Didn't the Cheats beat the Vince Young led Titans 9 zillion to 3 in a driving snowstorm not that long ago? There passing game is made for bad weather.