PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls: better late than never!

SteelTorch
10-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Sorry for the delay. Been a busy week.

OFFENSE:

Mendenhall! I'll admit he hasn't had a great season so far, but he showed once again what he's capable of last Sunday. :tt2

DEFENSE:

I'm gonna split this between Farrior and Keisel the deisel! Both had great games, and I'm pretty sure Keisel had a batted pass (?). Defense has definitely been looking better lately, wish I could say the same for the offense.

Lame balls: Big Ben and BA, again. Ben to be fair did okay, but could have done a lot better. And BA proved once again that he learns nothing from his successes by resorting to his usual tactics.

Another good win, but how often have we seen this? The offense has a GREAT game, and then the next week takes a nose dive. Would it be too much to ask for some consistently GOOD play? :HeadBanger

steelblood
10-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Offense:Ramon Foster
Defense:Keisel-he was dominant all game long.

Slapstick
10-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Given how badly LaMarr Woodley was blasted on this board in September, he should be given props for two good games in a row...

grotonsteel
10-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Sorry for the delay. Been a busy week.

OFFENSE:

Mendenhall! I'll admit he hasn't had a great season so far, but he showed once again what he's capable of last Sunday. :tt2

DEFENSE:

I'm gonna split this between Farrior and Keisel the deisel! Both had great games, and I'm pretty sure Keisel had a batted pass (?). Defense has definitely been looking better lately, wish I could say the same for the offense.

Lame balls: Big Ben and BA, again. Ben to be fair did okay, but could have done a lot better. And BA proved once again that he learns nothing from his successes by resorting to his usual tactics.

Another good win, but how often have we seen this? The offense has a GREAT game, and then the next week takes a nose dive. Would it be too much to ask for some consistently GOOD play? :HeadBanger

Lame Balls to Ben and BA???? For scoring 17 points on a Top-10 D in NFL???? :shock: :roll:

Lame Balls should go to Ryan Mundy for that stupid play and Suisham for missing a chip shot or Sep for a 20 yard punt which helped jags score a FG.

hawaiiansteel
10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
I realize Tom Brady engineered a last-minute game-winning TD drive, but he played terribly all game long before that. how does he get nominated for AFC offensive player of the week?

AFC hardware goes to Mendenhall, Revis, Ford

Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/mendenhallgetty.jpg?w=250

The NFL has issued player of the week awards for the AFC.

Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall is the offensive player of the week. He gained 146 yards on 23 carries, and he scored one touchdown in a 17-13 win over the Jaguars. It was the highest rushing total for Week Six, and it’s Mendenhall’s second player of the week award in his career.

Two interceptions, one of which was returned 100 yards for a touchdown, gave Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis the defensive player of the week award. It’s the second such award for Revis, and the third time he picked off two passes in one game.

Another 100-plus-yard play delivered the special-teams player of the week award for Raiders receiver Jacoby Ford. It’s Ford’s third recognition in fewer than two NFL seasons.

The other finalists for the offensive award were Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton, Bills running back Fred Jackson, and Ravens running back Ray Rice. The defensive finalists were Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, and Jets linebacker Calvin Pace. Ravens kicker Billy Cundiff and Raiders punter Shane Lechler were the finalists for the special-teams player of the week award.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... evis-ford/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/afc-hardware-goes-to-mendenhall-revis-ford/)