PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Slice'em

SteelCrazy
10-19-2011, 09:34 AM
We need to get rid of this guy. At some point, with the way we're playing, we'll have to have FG's to win. He is not reliable, at all! There has to be someone better that's available. He is going to cost us a game really soon...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-19-2011, 10:19 AM
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought that you'd had a bad appointment with our own resident Doc.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2011, 10:23 AM
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought that you'd had a bad appointment with our own resident Doc.

This week only...Circumcisions...HALF OFF!!! :lol:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-19-2011, 10:29 AM

Keep the tip. :lol:

ikestops85
10-19-2011, 12:15 PM
We need to get rid of this guy. At some point, with the way we're playing, we'll have to have FG's to win. He is not reliable, at all! There has to be someone better that's available. He is going to cost us a game really soon...

I live in the DC area so I got to see him playing for the Deadskins. He missed almost every one of his pressure kicks. I was mortified when we signed him. :evil:

grotonsteel
10-19-2011, 12:57 PM
He has missed key FGs.

The one in Super bowl hurt Steelers. The ones against Indy and Jacksonville could have hurt Steelers.

I think he is 3-7 beyond 30 yards this season. I maybe wrong about this stats but i remember reading it on some Steelers forum.

Shawn
10-19-2011, 01:19 PM

None of this is true.

I never discount a circumcision.

:)

fordfixer
10-19-2011, 01:36 PM

None of this is true.

I never discount a circumcision.

:)
But he does keep the tip :lol:

DukieBoy
10-19-2011, 06:26 PM

Why would he take only half off?

SteelCrazy
10-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Cut it out guys..... :D

Why is no one in the Pittsburgh media writing about this? Are we overreacting fans? I'd like to have Reed back and he is a free agent.

hawaiiansteel
10-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Cut it out guys..... :D

I'd like to have Reed back and he is a free agent.

I think this girl wants to check out Jeff Reed's circumcision... :)

do you think the Steelers would ever take Jeff Reed back?

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/jeffreedgal.jpg

fezziwig
10-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Didn't we have another fieldgoal kicker in camp this season ? How did he do when he had his chance.

I have to agree with this thread, our kicker is a lot to be desired and we haven't got in a spot yet that his missed field goals caused us a loss but, the time will come when his rubber leg will cause us a game or two. .

Same old same old..........but whom ?

Discipline of Steel
10-20-2011, 06:44 AM
I checked and its true that he is only 7 for 11, with 3 for 7 BEYOND THE 30!! No FG beyond 50. His percentage is 2nd worst in the league.

I was about to write that all kickers miss FG and stop over-reacting but now Id even be in favor of bringing back Roy Gerela for a tryout!!!

AngryAsian
10-20-2011, 07:34 AM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":3q8lygoj]When I first saw the title of this thread I thought that you'd had a bad appointment with our own resident Doc.

Keep the tip. :lol:[/quote:3q8lygoj]

That's what the leper said to the prostitute... :Boobs

rpmpit
10-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Agreed. He was a decent stopgap when we needed one. But we should have addressed the need at some point. He's just not that good.

I'd love to have Skippy back. But I can't see that happening.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-20-2011, 10:16 AM
I checked and its true that he is only 7 for 11, with 3 for 7 BEYOND THE 30!! No FG beyond 50. His percentage is 2nd worst in the league.

I was about to write that all kickers miss FG and stop over-reacting but now Id even be in favor of bringing back Roy Gerela for a tryout!!!

Your problem DOS is that you are only looking at the negative side of this, look at the bright side for a change.........

According to my calculations he is 4 for 4 from inside 30. :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2011, 10:22 AM
[quote="Discipline of Steel":3dhbfdj2]I checked and its true that he is only 7 for 11, with 3 for 7 BEYOND THE 30!! No FG beyond 50. His percentage is 2nd worst in the league.

Your problem DOS is that you are only looking at the negative side of this, look at the bright side for a change.........

According to my calculations he is 4 for 4 from inside 30. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:3dhbfdj2]

Plus, he's 33 for 33 on PAT's since joining the Steelers. :Bow :lol:

ikestops85
10-20-2011, 11:03 AM
[quote="Discipline of Steel":8z6v7saa]I checked and its true that he is only 7 for 11, with 3 for 7 BEYOND THE 30!! No FG beyond 50. His percentage is 2nd worst in the league.

According to my calculations he is 4 for 4 from inside 30. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:8z6v7saa]

Doesn't the blocked FG count against that? Wasn't that inside the 30? I'm too lazy to look it up. :)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-21-2011, 11:50 AM
[quote="Discipline of Steel":2y64dmf5]I checked and its true that he is only 7 for 11, with 3 for 7 BEYOND THE 30!! No FG beyond 50. His percentage is 2nd worst in the league.

According to my calculations he is 4 for 4 from inside 30. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesn't the blocked FG count against that? Wasn't that inside the 30? I'm too lazy to look it up. :)[/quote:2y64dmf5]

4-1-HOU 12 (:07) 6-S.Suisham 30 yard field goal is BLOCKED (38-D.Manning), Center-60-G.Warren, Holder-9-D.Sepulveda, RECOVERED by HOU-24-J.Joseph at HOU 39. 24-J.Joseph for 61 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on HOU-38-D.Manning, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 0 yards, enforced at HOU 45.

It seems that the answer depends on how it is worded. It seems that 30 yards is too long and falls into the 30-39 yard category, so he remains money INSIDE OF 30. You can't expect your FG kicker to hit the full 30 yarder consistently can you? :lol: :lol:

Discipline of Steel
10-21-2011, 07:44 PM
truly pathetic, what are the chances of a mid-season change at K again?

steelfin
10-21-2011, 09:44 PM
I agree...he will lose us a game or two this year...

He is not consistent enough...I felt that way last year as well...This will be addressed in the offseason...hopefully sooner.

SteelAbility
10-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Ok, so when are we going to add a circumcision emoticon? :lol:

Discipline of Steel
10-22-2011, 10:05 AM
I think this is as close as we can get to that

:cry:

RuthlessBurgher
10-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Ok, so when are we going to add a circumcision emoticon? :lol:

http://www.foreskinman.com/images/monster-mohel-card-front-325.jpg

fezziwig
10-23-2011, 10:35 AM
As long as Shawn doesn't perform the circumcision because, you know he will miss his mark.

Discipline of Steel
10-23-2011, 07:05 PM
3 for 3 today...all beyond the 30.

He must have been motivated by what he read in this thread

Kudos to a perfect day :Beer

SteelAbility
10-23-2011, 07:58 PM

Perhaps this thread got under his skin a bit.

DukieBoy
10-23-2011, 08:06 PM

3 out of 3 ain't Meatloaf, Sushi. And remember, Meatloaf got fired by Trump. 2 out of 3 won't be good enough next couple of weeks.

SteelAbility
10-23-2011, 08:09 PM

3 out of 3 ain't Meatloaf, Sushi. And remember, Meatloaf got fired by Trump. 2 out of 3 won't be good enough next couple of weeks.

I'm hoping he hits none next week against NE (i.e. because we got the TDs). We are going to need to the TDs.

DukieBoy
10-23-2011, 08:13 PM

I'm hoping he hits none next week against NE (i.e. because we got the TDs). We are going to need to the TDs.

Agree in full.