PDA

View Full Version : GBNREPORT's Latest 2012 Mock Draft!

Dee Dub
10-19-2011, 12:17 AM
October 19, 2011
* indicates underclassmen
p indicates projected trade

First round

Team Player POS College

1 Indianapolis *Andrew Luck QB Stanford

2 Miami *Landry Jones QB Oklahoma

3 St. Louis *Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State

4 Jacksonville *Alshon Jeffrey WR South Carolina

5 Carolina Quinton Coples DE North Carolina

6 Minnesota *Matt Kalil OT Southern California

7P Washington (from Arizona) *Matt Barkley QB Southern California

8 Denver *Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama

9 Philadelphia *Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

10 Cleveland *Trent Richardson RB Alabama

11 Seattle Alonzo Dennard CB Nebraska

12 Dallas Brandon Thompson NT Clemson

13 Kansas City *Riley Reiff OT Iowa

14 Houston *Morris Claiborne CB LSU

15 Cleveland (from Atlanta) Zach Brown LB North Carolina

16 NY Jets Malcolm Floyd WR Notre Dame

17 Chicago *David DeCastro OG Stanford

18P Arizona (from Washington) *Brandon Jenkins LB Florida State

19 Pittsburgh Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

20 Cincinnati (from Oakland) Cordy Glenn OG Georgia

21 Tennessee *Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State

22 Cincinnati *Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State

23 New England (from New Orleans) Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama

24 Tampa Bay *Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina

25 NY Giants Chase Minnifield CB Virginia

26 Buffalo Luke Kuechly LB Boston College

27 Baltimore Donta' Hightower LB Alabama

28 San Diego Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington

29 San Francisco Jared Crick DE Nebraska

30 Detroit Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma

31 New England Billy Winn DE Boise State

32 Green Bay *Peter Konz C Wisconsin

p Washington acquires the 7th pick from Arizona in exchange for the 18th pick overall as well as the Redskins' second round pick in 2012 and a 3rd round pick in 2013.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2012projection.html

No way the Steelers draft Janoris Jenkins. Keenan Lewis coming on strong and Jenkins has had some issues.

I'd be very dissapointed if the Steelers pass on OT/OG Cordy Glenn for Jenkins.

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Agree on Jenkins. He's the kind of guy the Bengals would select with the pick they got from the Raiders.

Dee Dub
10-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Agree on Jenkins. He's the kind of guy the Bengals would select with the pick they got from the Raiders.

Yep. Not Steeler material at all. Bengals can have him. If the Steelers were to draft a CB I'd only want Morris Claiborne but he isnt going be near where the Steelers draft.

hawaiiansteel
10-19-2011, 02:29 AM
Janoris Jenkins won't even be on the Steelers' draft board, any mock draft that has him going to the Steelers loses total credibility as far as I'm concerned.

StarSpangledSteeler
10-19-2011, 03:26 AM
Aside from our pick, the values and player rankings look pretty accurate as of right now.

I think we'd be more inclined to go DT or ILB based on the BPA of his mock.

StarSpangledSteeler
10-19-2011, 03:35 AM
Aside from our pick, the values and player rankings look pretty accurate as of right now.

I think we'd be more inclined to go DT or ILB based on the BPA of his mock.

steelblood
10-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Of course not. And we will draft later than 19th. I think Ta'amu would likely be our choice in that situation.

But, it is interesting that David DeCastro has moved up so many draft boards lately. He is certainly a Steeler type player. I'll have to watch him closely next time I see Stanford play.

P.S. Is there any way we can get this and most other draft threads over on the NFL draft page? I'd love to get some more folks checking that page out so we can discuss Steeler prospects while the college football season is still on. It makes watching the college games even more fun when there is somewhere to talk about them with a Steeler slant.

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Of course not. And we will draft later than 19th. I think Ta'amu would likely be our choice in that situation.

But, it is interesting that David DeCastro has moved up so many draft boards lately. He is certainly a Steeler type player. I'll have to watch him closely next time I see Stanford play.

P.S. Is there any way we can get this and most other draft threads over on the NFL draft page? I'd love to get some more folks checking that page out so we can discuss Steeler prospects while the college football season is still on. It makes watching the college games even more fun when there is somewhere to talk about them with a Steeler slant.

Are Martin and DeCastro truly elite OL prospects in the NFL, or do they simply benefit from having Andrew Luck (kinda like how the Colts OL looked better because Peyton was able to get rid of the ball so quickly and efficiently that it seemed like their OL was doing a great job since he had so few sacks)?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Well...Never hurts to do a mock.

1. Vontaze Burfict ILB
2. Brandon Washington G
3. Dontari Poe NT
4. Winston Guy S

Depending on how the season unfolds, Poe & Washington might flop rounds. Washington is struggling at LT where he moved to this year. He won honors inside at G. Poe might come out and knowing how the run on DT go...He might be a kid that moves up quickly after he starts the process.

steelerkeylargo
10-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Ta'Amu, Crick and Winn will not be first rounders IMO. AT that point I would take Minnifield, Worthy or Gilmore. Anyone with a brain knows Jenkins wont be a Steeler. For the record I think Martin is slightly overrated. DeCastro is a legitimate top 25 pick.

NJ-STEELER
10-19-2011, 10:42 AM
How many years have we complained about the OL and how many more will we see averAge play from the unit unless we adress it

Max is a stop gap. We got reminded sunday how bad he can look vs speed rushers

The LT position on most teams is a premium pick. WR haven't spent one there in ages

Look around the league and there are plenty of 3-4 nose tackles that are good players. Unless we go more 4-3, I wouldn't take a DL again in the first couple of rounds this year

steelblood
10-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Ta'Amu, Crick and Winn will not be first rounders IMO. AT that point I would take Minnifield, Worthy or Gilmore. Anyone with a brain knows Jenkins wont be a Steeler. For the record I think Martin is slightly overrated. DeCastro is a legitimate top 25 pick.

I don't think he is an elite talent, but Ta'Amu will be benefit from being the best NT in a very weak and shallow class.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-19-2011, 10:57 AM
How many years have we complained about the OL and how many more will we see averAge play from the unit unless we adress it

Max is a stop gap. We got reminded sunday how bad he can look vs speed rushers

The LT position on most teams is a premium pick. WR haven't spent one there in ages

Look around the league and there are plenty of 3-4 nose tackles that are good players. Unless we go more 4-3, I wouldn't take a DL again in the first couple of rounds this year

The only OL help I think the FO would consider early (1-2) is G. Gilbert is destined to LT and Colon's big deal assures him RT. It will take the 2012 season to determine if Colon was a bad investment. This will be a draft they address the middle of the field on defense and look for a G in my opinion. I would actually lean towards a need at NT & ILB in the 1st but BPA will play in as always. An OT wouldn't surprise me...But I think it would really have to surprise the Steelers someone was there to take him in the 1st. Just my thoughts.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-19-2011, 10:57 AM
I think that we have gone from a team who must draft a CB in the first two rounds to a team who likely won't.

Ike has locked down one starting spot. The combination of Gay-Lewis (a new sitcom on FOX) has manned the fort for now and I can see Lewis as the starter next season. We also have seen the two rooks in limited action but Brown has looked good in anything that they have asked of him.

On the other hand, DL has stepped up in priority despite having the past two first rounders spent there. Smith is gone for sure. Hampton is looking more and more like he won't be back with every missed game. Hoke is now 35 and just suffered an injury. Keisel is 33 and has not played a 16 game season since 2007. Despite the influx of impressive young kids, we will be losing all three starters and top backup within the next two years.

Then, of course, comes the OL. I'm not sure if anyone here has noticed but the OL has sustained an injury or two this season and sucks even when healthy. Looking at the roster of Olinemen we have only two who were recent high draft picks who we are hoping will be cornerstones.......but the OL is really it's own thread.

I don't usually want the FO to draft for position, but this year is a draft that I would love to see two OLs and one DL in the first three rounds.

steelblood
10-19-2011, 11:46 AM
I think that we have gone from a team who must draft a CB in the first two rounds to a team who likely won't.

Ike has locked down one starting spot. The combination of Gay-Lewis (a new sitcom on FOX) has manned the fort for now and I can see Lewis as the starter next season. We also have seen the two rooks in limited action but Brown has looked good in anything that they have asked of him.

On the other hand, DL has stepped up in priority despite having the past two first rounders spent there. Smith is gone for sure. Hampton is looking more and more like he won't be back with every missed game. Hoke is now 35 and just suffered an injury. Keisel is 33 and has not played a 16 game season since 2007. Despite the influx of impressive young kids, we will be losing all three starters and top backup within the next two years.

Then, of course, comes the OL. I'm not sure if anyone here has noticed but the OL has sustained an injury or two this season and sucks even when healthy. Looking at the roster of Olinemen we have only two who were recent high draft picks who we are hoping will be cornerstones.......but the OL is really it's own thread.

I don't usually want the FO to draft for position, but this year is a draft that I would love to see two OLs and one DL in the first three rounds.

We also need an ILB and a FS. A playmaking FS with range would be great. There a few that may be available in the 2nd round.

I'd say our top 2012 needs are...
OG (we really need two of them)
OT - no depth signed behind Gilbert and Colon (who is proving to be injury prone).
NT
ILB - Farrior and/or Foote will be gone.
FS
We could also likely be looking for
RB - Mendenhall will be in his final year
WR- Hines could very well retire or be cut. RFA Wallace has no contract at this point.
CB - Gay and McFadden will likely be gone. We have young players, but we'll need depth.
TE/FB - Johnson should be replaced
K - Sushi is yucky

Dee Dub
10-19-2011, 12:27 PM
...We also need an ILB and a FS. A playmaking FS with range would be great. There a few that may be available in the 2nd round.

Agreed!! Here's my early wish list.

1--Cordy Glenn OT/OG
2--T.J. McDonald FS
3--Shane Skov ILB----he is hurt and may not declare but great value here if he does.

grotonsteel
10-19-2011, 01:02 PM
...We also need an ILB and a FS. A playmaking FS with range would be great. There a few that may be available in the 2nd round.

1--Cordy Glenn OT/OG
2--T.J. McDonald FS
3--Shane Skov ILB----he is hurt and may not declare but great value here if he does.

Do you think Cordy Glenn might slip down the draft board since he has struggled playing as a LT so far?

grotonsteel
10-19-2011, 01:04 PM

Yep. Not Steeler material at all. Bengals can have him. If the Steelers were to draft a CB I'd only want Morris Claiborne but he isnt going be near where the Steelers draft.

Jenkins is a talented CB but he got busted twice. No way Steelers draft him. Also with Cortez,Brown,Lewis and gay i would be surprised if Steelers draft a CB in early rounds.

grotonsteel
10-19-2011, 01:07 PM

I doubt Steelers want to spend 3 1st Rd players on D-line. I won't mind it but Steelers FO won't invest so much money on D-line itself.

steelz09
10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
That's a good point but remember that 1st rounders aren't making the same big $$ that they used to.

I think the Steelers will go OL in the 1st (or they should).

A close second would be a NT, FS, or ILB. ILB may be the best value depending on where our pick is.

Dee Dub
10-19-2011, 02:24 PM

1--Cordy Glenn OT/OG
2--T.J. McDonald FS

Do you think Cordy Glenn might slip down the draft board since he has struggled playing as a LT so far?

I do not think Cordy Glenn has struggled at LT. In fact he has surprised me and has played very well there. I've seen ever one of his games too. Now...is he better inside at guard at the next level? Probably..but I havent seen anything that tells me he can't play tackle.

hawaiiansteel
10-19-2011, 02:24 PM

We also need an ILB and a FS. A playmaking FS with range would be great.

:Agree

our priorities in the next draft should be the OL, DL, ILB and FS.

did I just not include CB in that list? :D

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-19-2011, 02:30 PM
I would be shocked if we didn't see a NT & ILB picked in rounds 1-4. The Steelers will be looking for long term answers there come 2012.

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2011, 03:31 PM
That's a good point but remember that 1st rounders aren't making the same big $$ that they used to.

Top 10 draft picks that got insane amounts of money despite being completely unproven on this level are no more. Those salaries are much more reasonable than they used to be. But where we typically pick in the late first, the savings are not nearly as significant.

To wit:

2010 #1 pick Sam Bradford signed a six-year, $78 million contract. The deal contains $50 million guaranteed, including all six years' base salaries and a $2.88 million first-year roster bonus. Another $8 million is available through incentives based on playoff, Super Bowl, and Pro Bowl appearances.

2011 #1 pick Cam Newton signed a four-year, $22.025 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $14.518 million signing bonus.

2010 #31 pick Jerry Hughes signed a five-year, $9.7 million contract. The deal contains $7 million guaranteed. Another $2.9 million is available through incentives

2011 #31 pick Cam Heyward signed a four-year, $6.7 million contract. The deal included a $3.37 million signing bonus.

NJ-STEELER
10-19-2011, 06:00 PM
did everyone forget about sylvester.

i'd like to see him get a shot before spending another premium pick on ILB

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-20-2011, 09:35 AM
did everyone forget about sylvester.

Sylvester has his role and he isn't going anywhere. With the injuries at LB and not seeing him sniff the field on D tells me he still has some growing to do. He may be a solid back-up & ST ace and there is room for that kind of LB. If you scratch Farrior from the 2012 line-up...I don't like the Buck depth. I like Timmons at Mack because of his range. I don't think Foote is anything more than a backup or emergency starter at Buck and I don't think Sylvester is a Buck. They might have plans for Timmons at Buck because of his ability to cover but I think he is growing nicely where he is at. If there is a graded NT & ILB on the board in the 1st 3 rounds they like....I don't think they pass.

Dee Dub
10-20-2011, 12:03 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":3uynzfw7]did everyone forget about sylvester.

Sylvester has his role and he isn't going anywhere. With the injuries at LB and not seeing him sniff the field on D tells me he still has some growing to do. He may be a solid back-up & ST ace and there is room for that kind of LB. If you scratch Farrior from the 2012 line-up...I don't like the Buck depth. I like Timmons at Mack because of his range. I don't think Foote is anything more than a backup or emergency starter at Buck and I don't think Sylvester is a Buck. They might have plans for Timmons at Buck because of his ability to cover but I think he is growing nicely where he is at. If there is a graded NT & ILB on the board in the 1st 3 rounds they like....I don't think they pass.[/quote:3uynzfw7]

And besides, has Sylvester proven himself as a bonafide guy the organization knows can be plugged in as a starter next year? I like the guy too, however, we hear about the progress of guys like Hood and Heyward (the organization has raved about them at times), we really arent hearing that about Sylvester, are we?

NJ-STEELER
10-20-2011, 06:23 PM
if we wind up spending anothe r#1 pick on an ILB, i think i'll throw a shoe at my TV.
these are positions on the field that you can get away with finding a player in a lower round.

then we can all keep wondering why the offense struggles so much. the LT psoition is a premium postion thru out the league and yet we refuse to look for a long term solution

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2011, 06:28 PM
if we wind up spending anothe r#1 pick on an ILB, i think i'll throw a shoe at my TV.
these are positions on the field that you can get away with finding a player in a lower round.

then we can all keep wondering why the offense struggles so much. the LT psoition is a premium postion thru out the league and yet we refuse to look for a long term solution

Name me one elite LT prospect we could have drafted where we were picking in the first round for the last decade or so.

NJ-STEELER
10-20-2011, 06:44 PM
elite? or 1st round grade??

there's been plenty with a first round grade and you dont have to go back a decade

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2011, 07:06 PM

there's been plenty with a first round grade and you dont have to go back a decade

If there are plenty, then go ahead and name one who is better than the guy we took in the first round instead.

hawaiiansteel
10-20-2011, 07:13 PM

If there are plenty, then go ahead and name one who is better than the guy we took in the first round instead.

in the 2008 NFL Draft we selected RB Rashard Mendenhall in the 1st round and Limas Sweed in the 2nd round.

with the benefit of hindsight, I would have rather selected OT Duane Brown in the 1st and RB Ray Rice in the 2nd.

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2011, 07:21 PM

in the 2008 NFL Draft we selected RB Rashard Mendenhall in the 1st round and Limas Sweed in the 2nd round.

with the benefit of hindsight, I would have rather selected OT Duane Brown in the 1st and RB Ray Rice in the 2nd.

Of course, with the benefit of hindsight in that draft, we could also have drafted Josh Sitton instead of Tony Hills and Carl Nicks instead of Dennis Dixon, and we'd have a pretty darn good OL right about now (not to mention Cliff Avril over Bruce Davis...which I was hoping for at the time without the benefit of hindsight).

But without hindsight, Duane Brown over Mendenhall would have been a reach of tremendous proportions. Brown had a 3rd round grade coming into the draft (but teams were reaching when 7 OT's came off the board in the first 21 picks overall).

Meanwhile, absolutely no one expected Mendenhall to get out of the top half of the first round. When our pick was due at #23, we had no idea who might be available to us at #53...we had to take the best player available, who was unquestionable Mendenhall over Brown...no doubt about it.

hawaiiansteel
10-20-2011, 07:49 PM
in that draft, we could also have drafted Josh Sitton instead of Tony Hills and Carl Nicks instead of Dennis Dixon, and we'd have a pretty darn good OL right about now (not to mention Cliff Avril over Bruce Davis...which I was hoping for at the time without the benefit of hindsight).

wow, what the 2008 NFL Draft could have been for the Pittsburgh Steelers!

1) Duane Brown OT
2) Ray Rice RB
3) Cliff Avril OLB
4) Josh Sitton OG
5) Carl Nicks OG
6a) Pierre Garcon WR
6b) Peyton Hillis RB

and our starting OL would now be:

Duane Brown-Carl Nicks-Maurkice Pouncey-Josh Sitton-Marcus Gilbert

NJ-STEELER
10-20-2011, 11:23 PM
we been around guys and near some where a lil trade up also could have also gotten us a LT.
if brown was a 3rd round grade, where was timmons grade the year we took him..wasnt it late 1st. we didnt seem to mind "reaching" there.

what about pouncey. he was slated to go early to mid twenties and again we "reached" a bit to grab the him.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-21-2011, 09:16 AM
The old "You can get a player later for that position" line...Because of history has shown. So we shouldn't ever draft an OLB because we could get a pro bowler off the street. Never draft a RB because 1,000 yard rushers can be found as UDFA. Never take a DE earlier than the 4th because you could get a Pro Bowler in the 4th and a very solid starter for several years in the 7th. CBs??? We don't need no stinkin 1st round CBs because you could get the best CB the Steeles have seen since Rod Woodson in the 4th. For every support to the argument you can spin the wheel and find the fault to the argument.

Colon is locked up long term. Chances are the Steelers will never know if they made a bad investment until after seeing him perform again on the field. Marcus Gilbert was drafted to be the Steelers LT of the future. So it isn't out of the realm of thinking to say they won't select an OT but chances are for 2012 the starters are on the team & if Colon is healthy and returns to form....For the next several years the starters are in place. Pouncey is entrenched at C for the next 10 years. Gs??? I would say that may definately be a posibilty...But where will they grade out & where will the Steelers pick? Can the OL use help...Sure it could. Will they use a 1st on a LT or OG...Can't say they won't. However, if you look at the roster depth & age of defensive starters...The draft could be very defensive talent heavy from the middle to end of first. The Steelers need to get younger FAST down the middle of the defense. Do not be surprised to see an ILB or NT staring them in the face when they pick. To ignore him as a BPA & long-term positional need is something the Steelers do not do.

It is a little early to really grade college players but from 15 on back...There could be some real talent at DT & ILB....Even impact players. I think the defensive woes are obvious and the reasoning is visible. To sway you one way or the other....Would the running defense be more of a concern or the rushing offense???? Let's see who's football mind comes up with the answer. Based upon what I stated above....You know mine. To make an offense one dimensional will win you more games than a one dimensional offense. The Steelers have been doing it for YEARS.

Dee Dub
10-21-2011, 11:31 AM
The old "You can get a player later for that position" line...Because of history has shown. So we shouldn't ever draft an OLB because we could get a pro bowler off the street. Never draft a RB because 1,000 yard rushers can be found as UDFA. Never take a DE earlier than the 4th because you could get a Pro Bowler in the 4th and a very solid starter for several years in the 7th. CBs??? We don't need no stinkin 1st round CBs because you could get the best CB the Steeles have seen since Rod Woodson in the 4th. For every support to the argument you can spin the wheel and find the fault to the argument.

Colon is locked up long term. Chances are the Steelers will never know if they made a bad investment until after seeing him perform again on the field. Marcus Gilbert was drafted to be the Steelers LT of the future. So it isn't out of the realm of thinking to say they won't select an OT but chances are for 2012 the starters are on the team & if Colon is healthy and returns to form....For the next several years the starters are in place. Pouncey is entrenched at C for the next 10 years. Gs??? I would say that may definately be a posibilty...But where will they grade out & where will the Steelers pick? Can the OL use help...Sure it could. Will they use a 1st on a LT or OG...Can't say they won't. However, if you look at the roster depth & age of defensive starters...The draft could be very defensive talent heavy from the middle to end of first. The Steelers need to get younger FAST down the middle of the defense. Do not be surprised to see an ILB or NT staring them in the face when they pick. To ignore him as a BPA & long-term positional need is something the Steelers do not do.

It is a little early to really grade college players but from 15 on back...There could be some real talent at DT & ILB....Even impact players. I think the defensive woes are obvious and the reasoning is visible. To sway you one way or the other....Would the running defense be more of a concern or the rushing offense???? Let's see who's football mind comes up with the answer. Based upon what I stated above....You know mine. To make an offense one dimensional will win you more games than a one dimensional offense. The Steelers have been doing it for YEARS.

Excellent post JPN!! I agree with you.

I think the fact that Cordy Glenn can play tackle or guard (most see him as being a dominate guard at the next level), could be a pretty safe pick for the Steelers. But looking at the NT/ILB's that may be available from 15 on there are some that I think could be impact players. I think that ILB is going to be a little light. Maybe only 1 or 2 between 15-35. Here's a few...

Brandon Thompson NT/DT Clemson
Alameda Ta'amu NT/DT Washington
Dontari Poe NT/DT Memphis

Mantei Te'o ILB Notre Dame--probably goes inside top 15.
Luke Kuechley ILB Boston College--a lot of people have him also inside top 15 but he could drop.

Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona State
Donta Hightower ILB Alabama---probably early second round
Nico Johnson ILB Alabama------this guy could surprise.

birtikidis
10-21-2011, 11:51 AM
we been around guys and near some where a lil trade up also could have also gotten us a LT.
if brown was a 3rd round grade, where was timmons grade the year we took him..wasnt it late 1st. we didnt seem to mind "reaching" there.

what about pouncey. he was slated to go early to mid twenties and again we "reached" a bit to grab the him.
Not to be critical but, Brown if Brown had a 3rd round grade and we took him in the first, that's a reach spanning rounds. Pouncey and Timmons were reaches spanning a few picks. What if we took Brown and he ended up like Otah? 3 IR's in 4 years? especially if the FO consensus was that we could get him in the 3rd? Our FO doesn't draft with panic. they tend to do a very good job the way they do it.

I'm going to keep beating the guard drum for ever I think. We need guys that are actually guards, with experience playing guard, with a lot of confidence playing guard. We have too many tackles who COULD play guard, but AREN'T natural guards. and they're STARTING.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-21-2011, 01:43 PM

I think the fact that Cordy Glenn can play tackle or guard (most see him as being a dominate guard at the next level), could be a pretty safe pick for the Steelers. But looking at the NT/ILB's that may be available from 15 on there are some that I think could be impact players. I think that ILB is going to be a little light. Maybe only 1 or 2 between 15-35. Here's a few...

Luke Kuechley ILB Boston College--a lot of people have him also inside top 15 but he could drop.

Nico Johnson ILB Alabama------this guy could surprise.

As you saw from my first post, I had Burfict & Poe in my mock.

I'm a Burfict fan from his 2010 play. I think he may be a player still on the board when the Steelers are up. I think he is the type of player that could get the swagger back in the middle of the D. I'm sure the Steelers will peel the layers to really get to know his character because he is over the top but I like that demeanour for a MLB. Just don't go to the Ravens and they may very well try to manuever to get him.

I also like Te'o and Kuechley. Kuechley's production can't be questioned. We all know how it goes though. If he runs in the 4.7's with a good workout and looks good in positional drills...They will be pushing him up the boards like you indicate. I think Te'o could have really benefitted from more talent around him but he still shows up on gameday. I would take any of them but Burfict is my first choice right now. If you are looking for a "plug & play" ILB...This may be a good year because it looks stronger this draft class at the top in my opinion.

If Poe comes out...It will be interesting to see where he grades out. If he comes out this year, does he sneak into the 2nd round? I'm am looking forward in seeing how the season unfolds and how he look through the process. Hopefully he doesn't shoot up the boards as far as Phil Taylor and the Steelers maybe have a chance at him outside of round 1. He is the type of player that is all over the board because of his age and competition but I have my eye on him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see our first in that list above.

StarSpangledSteeler
10-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Would the running defense be more of a concern or the rushing offense???? Let's see who's football mind comes up with the answer. Based upon what I stated above....You know mine. To make an offense one dimensional will win you more games than a one dimensional offense. The Steelers have been doing it for YEARS.

Those YEARS are changing. You have to understand that the NFL is now a passing league. The rules have shifted to take away the advantages of rushing the ball and stopping the rush. You have to adjust to what other teams are doing.

In 2010 the Steelers were exactly what you wanted. One of the top run defenses in the history of the NFL. They made teams one dimensional, forcing them to pass. That is good enough to beat average teams but not good enough to beat the elite teams. Elite teams like the Saints, Patriots, and Packers (all Super Bowl winners) have figured out how to beat that strategy. They simply don't run. They take our advantage out of the equation. Look at these stats:

Oct. 31, 2010. Saints 20 Steelers 10. RB's carried the ball 17 times. Brees passed 44 times.

Nov. 14, 2010. Patriots 39 Steelers 26. RB's carried the ball 22 times. Brady passed 43 times.

Feb. 6, 2011. Packers 31 Steelers 25. RB's carried the ball 11 times. Rodgers passed 39 times.

The Steelers could draft the top NT and the top ILB in all of college football. They could stuff the run all day long. And if we faced the Packers in the Super Bowl again, we would stuff their run again, and they would beat us again. Same with the Patriots (as we will see in two weeks).

The only way the Steelers can beat these elite teams is to KEEP THEIR OFFENSES OFF THE FIELD. You draft elite OL so that you can SUSTAIN DRIVES. When it's 3rd and 2, you need an OL that can open a hole, or get a 2 yard push. When it's 3rd and 6, you need an OL who can pick up a blitz and give Ben time to find the open receiver.

When you draft an elite NT it helps you stuff the run. When you draft elite OL it helps your running game AND your passing game. It makes your RB's better because it opens holes. It makes your QB better because it gives him more time to pass. It makes your WR's/TE's better because it gives them more time to get open. It makes your defense better because it keeps them off the field longer and they're fresh. It's getting 4 for the price of 1. NT/ILB is getting 1 for the price of 1.

Now before you say, "But if the NT occupies 2 blockers that frees up the pass rush." Remember that against quick passing teams that doesn't work anymore. Brady, Brees, Rodgers get the ball out of their hands in 2.5 seconds. That's why they can afford to throw it 40 times a game. They are not getting sacked. No pass rush can get there in 2 seconds.

To win Super Bowls in today's NFL you have to score points. And you have to limit the other team's points by possessing the ball on long drives and keeping them off the field. That is correct NFL logic.

NJ-STEELER
10-21-2011, 04:40 PM

Not to be critical but, Brown if Brown had a 3rd round grade and we took him in the first, that's a reach spanning rounds. Pouncey and Timmons were reaches spanning a few picks. What if we took Brown and he ended up like Otah? 3 IR's in 4 years? especially if the FO consensus was that we could get him in the 3rd? Our FO doesn't draft with panic. they tend to do a very good job the way they do it.

I'm going to keep beating the guard drum for ever I think. We need guys that are actually guards, with experience playing guard, with a lot of confidence playing guard. We have too many tackles who COULD play guard, but AREN'T natural guards. and they're STARTING.

If it were me drafting. The needs I would look to address would be in this order

LT
OG
NT/FS/ILB/big physical WR

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Would the running defense be more of a concern or the rushing offense???? Let's see who's football mind comes up with the answer. Based upon what I stated above....You know mine. To make an offense one dimensional will win you more games than a one dimensional offense. The Steelers have been doing it for YEARS.

Those YEARS are changing. You have to understand that the NFL is now a passing league. The rules have shifted to take away the advantages of rushing the ball and stopping the rush. You have to adjust to what other teams are doing.

In 2010 the Steelers were exactly what you wanted. One of the top run defenses in the history of the NFL. They made teams one dimensional, forcing them to pass. That is good enough to beat average teams but not good enough to beat the elite teams. Elite teams like the Saints, Patriots, and Packers (all Super Bowl winners) have figured out how to beat that strategy. They simply don't run. They take our advantage out of the equation. Look at these stats:

Oct. 31, 2010. Saints 20 Steelers 10. RB's carried the ball 17 times. Brees passed 44 times.

Nov. 14, 2010. Patriots 39 Steelers 26. RB's carried the ball 22 times. Brady passed 43 times.

Feb. 6, 2011. Packers 31 Steelers 25. RB's carried the ball 11 times. Rodgers passed 39 times.

The Steelers could draft the top NT and the top ILB in all of college football. They could stuff the run all day long. And if we faced the Packers in the Super Bowl again, we would stuff their run again, and they would beat us again. Same with the Patriots (as we will see in two weeks).

The only way the Steelers can beat these elite teams is to KEEP THEIR OFFENSES OFF THE FIELD. You draft elite OL so that you can SUSTAIN DRIVES. When it's 3rd and 2, you need an OL that can open a hole, or get a 2 yard push. When it's 3rd and 6, you need an OL who can pick up a blitz and give Ben time to find the open receiver.

When you draft an elite NT it helps you stuff the run. When you draft elite OL it helps your running game AND your passing game. It makes your RB's better because it opens holes. It makes your QB better because it gives him more time to pass. It makes your WR's/TE's better because it gives them more time to get open. It makes your defense better because it keeps them off the field longer and they're fresh. It's getting 4 for the price of 1. NT/ILB is getting 1 for the price of 1.

Now before you say, "But if the NT occupies 2 blockers that frees up the pass rush." Remember that against quick passing teams that doesn't work anymore. Brady, Brees, Rodgers get the ball out of their hands in 2.5 seconds. That's why they can afford to throw it 40 times a game. They are not getting sacked. No pass rush can get there in 2 seconds.

To win Super Bowls in today's NFL you have to score points. And you have to limit the other team's points by possessing the ball on long drives and keeping them off the field. That is correct NFL logic.

You don't have to tell me what impact an OL has on a team. I was one trading up for Pouncey. I also know the OL could be upgraded both Gs....But that isn't there biggest problem now. If you are watching the Steelers first 4 games and watching what the defensive struggles....There is no way you can say the OL is more alarming than what the D has become. The team struggles to stop the run. The old story holds true. If you can't stop the run...You go nowhere. If the Steelers can't stop the run...They won't get out of their division. You plan for division first...You have to crawl before you walk. To simply say you have to put up points to win a SB is incorrect. You have to have a QB to win the SB. It has become a QB league. What's the difference? You can figure it out. If you are telling me that an Elite OL or a great passing game and a defense that can't stop the run is what gets you top the Top of the AFC North...You must live where it is warm. This team needs an OG...YES! But this teams needs are equally as big now at NT and ILB. If a Faneca, Ngata, or Lewis are sititng there when the Steelers pick from what you have seen so far in 2011...Taking in consideration new contracts, 2011 draft choices, injuries in 2011, & age...Who would you pick? Hmmm...I would say Ngata, Lewis, than Faneca. I would struggle between Ngata & Lewis. Sorry...That's where it is at!

grotonsteel
10-21-2011, 05:56 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":1i88mtis]

You don't have to tell me what impact an OL has on a team. I was one trading up for Pouncey. I also know the OL could be upgraded both Gs....But that isn't there biggest problem now. If you are watching the Steelers first 4 games and watching what the defensive struggles....There is no way you can say the OL is more alarming than what the D has become. The team struggles to stop the run. The old story holds true. If you can't stop the run...You go nowhere. If the Steelers can't stop the run...They won't get out of their division. You plan for division first...You have to crawl before you walk. To simply say you have to put up points to win a SB is incorrect. You have to have a QB to win the SB. It has become a QB league. What's the difference? You can figure it out. If you are telling me that an Elite OL or a great passing game and a defense that can't stop the run is what gets you top the Top of the AFC North...You must live where it is warm. This team needs an OG...YES! But this teams needs are equally as big now at NT and ILB. If a Faneca, Ngata, or Lewis are sititng there when the Steelers pick from what you have seen so far in 2011...Taking in consideration new contracts, 2011 draft choices, injuries in 2011, & age...Who would you pick? Hmmm...I would say Ngata, Lewis, than Faneca. I would struggle between Ngata & Lewis. Sorry...That's where it is at![/quote:1i88mtis]

I think OG and ILB are the biggest need. If we are just looking for a clogging the middle kinda NT then we can get that player in Rd2- Rd 3. I would first like to see how Steve McClendon plays before going for NT in Rd 1. Looking at the way Steelers did not address NT position in recent drafts it tells me that Steve McClendon might be the future starter.But if someone tells me Alameda Ta'amu can collapse the pocket or rush the passer i won't hesitate to draft him in Rd 1.If Alameda Ta'amu can be as disruptive as Ngata (they play diff position) i would not mind Steelers moving up the draft to pick him.

I like vontaze burfict at ILB but he is borderline crazy. I would like to see Burfict and Harrison playing together but i think Burfict might be Top-15 pick. I am also a big fan of David DeCastro. I think he should be available at 32.

I really don't believe Steelers are going to spend another Rd 1 pick on DL or LB.I would prefer David DeCastro as he would go a long way improving this O-line.

Gilbert-DeCastro-Pouncey-Foster-Colon
Backup: Doug, J Scott

StarSpangledSteeler
10-21-2011, 06:54 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":2yhg11jd]

You don't have to tell me what impact an OL has on a team. I was one trading up for Pouncey. I also know the OL could be upgraded both Gs....But that isn't there biggest problem now. If you are watching the Steelers first 4 games and watching what the defensive struggles....There is no way you can say the OL is more alarming than what the D has become. The team struggles to stop the run. The old story holds true. If you can't stop the run...You go nowhere. If the Steelers can't stop the run...They won't get out of their division. You plan for division first...You have to crawl before you walk. To simply say you have to put up points to win a SB is incorrect. You have to have a QB to win the SB. It has become a QB league. What's the difference? You can figure it out. If you are telling me that an Elite OL or a great passing game and a defense that can't stop the run is what gets you top the Top of the AFC North...You must live where it is warm. This team needs an OG...YES! But this teams needs are equally as big now at NT and ILB. If a Faneca, Ngata, or Lewis are sititng there when the Steelers pick from what you have seen so far in 2011...Taking in consideration new contracts, 2011 draft choices, injuries in 2011, & age...Who would you pick? Hmmm...I would say Ngata, Lewis, than Faneca. I would struggle between Ngata & Lewis. Sorry...That's where it is at![/quote:2yhg11jd]

The problem with debating with you is that you don't use facts. You state your opinion as if it is a fact, but it's just a point of view. Which is fine, that's what this board is for. But to prove a theory as valid, you need to address the actual statistics at some point.

I just showed you the actual statistics of how we stopped the run last year. You didn't even address that. Are we agreed that the Steeler defense was great at stopping the run last year? I would consider that a fact. I also showed you actual numbers on how the elite teams responded to that. You didn't even address that. Are we agreed that the Steelers were not able to beat the elite passing teams despite our suffocating run defense? That is not opinion that is fact.

You can draft the next Ngata or the next Lewis all you want. That's fine. I would love to have them as well. But the facts show that a solid run defense is not going beat the elite passing teams in the post-season.

As for our division... What is the single biggest problem posed to us by the Ravens?... My OPINION is that we cannot block Ngata and Suggs (and sometimes Cody and Lewis). Did the Ravens run the ball down our throats? Yes. Do we need to improve at NT and ILB? Yes. But let's watch and see what happens in 3 weeks when LeBeau makes adjustments with the same personnel. Let's see if we limit their run game much better with just some adjustments in scheme and technique. However, let's also watch and see if our offensive adjustments will help us block Ngata and Suggs better. My OPINION is it will not. It will take an upgrade in talent (like Pouncey) to solve that problem.

I think our highest priority this draft should be OL (specifically OG). But I also concede that the value must be there as well. Obviously you don't pass on a pro-bowl DT to pick an average OG just because you need OL help worse. It comes down to the value rating of each prospect.

steelerkeylargo
10-21-2011, 07:11 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":2p6drqmc]The old "You can get a player later for that position" line...Because of history has shown. So we shouldn't ever draft an OLB because we could get a pro bowler off the street. Never draft a RB because 1,000 yard rushers can be found as UDFA. Never take a DE earlier than the 4th because you could get a Pro Bowler in the 4th and a very solid starter for several years in the 7th. CBs??? We don't need no stinkin 1st round CBs because you could get the best CB the Steeles have seen since Rod Woodson in the 4th. For every support to the argument you can spin the wheel and find the fault to the argument.

Nico Johnson ILB Alabama------this guy could surprise.[/quote:2p6drqmc]

I don't think Teo is having that great of a season and is not a top half of the draft guy. He would do himself a favor by coming back for his Senior year.

NJ-STEELER
10-21-2011, 10:07 PM
if someone is being compared favorably to Ngata. he isnt going to fall out of the top 10 draft picks

drafting a DL like him or suh is a no brainer

NJ-STEELER
10-21-2011, 10:20 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3tfl7oyt][quote="NJ-STEELER":3tfl7oyt]did everyone forget about sylvester.

Sylvester has his role and he isn't going anywhere. With the injuries at LB and not seeing him sniff the field on D tells me he still has some growing to do. He may be a solid back-up & ST ace and there is room for that kind of LB. If you scratch Farrior from the 2012 line-up...I don't like the Buck depth. I like Timmons at Mack because of his range. I don't think Foote is anything more than a backup or emergency starter at Buck and I don't think Sylvester is a Buck. They might have plans for Timmons at Buck because of his ability to cover but I think he is growing nicely where he is at. If there is a graded NT & ILB on the board in the 1st 3 rounds they like....I don't think they pass.[/quote:3tfl7oyt]

And besides, has Sylvester proven himself as a bonafide guy the organization knows can be plugged in as a starter next year? I like the guy too, however, we hear about the progress of guys like Hood and Heyward (the organization has raved about them at times), we really arent hearing that about Sylvester, are we?[/quote:3tfl7oyt]

missed this before

i heard the guys on the pre game raido show say "he's a player"

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-24-2011, 11:21 AM
The problem with debating with you is that you don't use facts. You state your opinion as if it is a fact, but it's just a point of view. Which is fine, that's what this board is for. But to prove a theory as valid, you need to address the actual statistics at some point.

The problem debating with me is I use facts from observations and knowing football. I don't use statistics to prove a point when statistics are influenced by cumulative events. If you are one who only uses stats to prove a theory as valid youR football IQ will be exposed. If you have watched all of the 2011 games and can sit here and say that the OL is still the biggest concern than you are a stat worm. Chemistry was disrupted early with injuries along the OL. A rookie was forced to start and the Steelers had to bring a vet back in off the streets. They also found out they made a mistake thinking Scott can hold down the LT spot and now even when healthy has lost his starting spot to Starks & a rookie. It is no longer the biggest need on the interior of the OL. They have bigger problems which are evident and could become more destructive as the season goes on.

It is no secret how I feel. I was one all for trading up for Mike Pouncey because that was the Steelers biggest need. I undertood the influence of a defense who yielded 63 yards per game on the ground would have on a secondary who was only average at the spot opposite Ike and an injury hampered Troy. As seen in my mock on the first page, I have a G as the 2nd or 3rd pick depending how they grade out & who is available. As they season goes down the stretch, It could be ILB & NT 1-2.

Let's look at what we know. Pouncey is Pouncey and will be here for his career. Colon is locked up long term. The Steelers won't know anything otherwise until he hits the field again in 2012. So Colon is entrenched at RT. Gilbert has been deemed the starter of teh future at LT barring any setbacks at his development. So pencil him in there. Starks & Scott could very well still be the plans down the road as valuable depth. I believe Kemo is not living up to expectations or his contract and his knee has become a concern. He may be playing to stick around which is why I still believe a G is a need. Foster, who looks in great shape and appears to look better on the move & in space could turn into something here. I'm throwing his name back in the hat based upon what I have seen so far in 2011. Legursky has his strong points and weaknesses but he is liked. Meredith could benefit from sticking in a system and his best position in my opinion is LG. Scott was thought enough to be placed on the PS so he and Turner will be in the mix. Upgardes? Of course....But the have other things on their plate that need to be addressed that could fall right into their laps come draft day.

The Steelers have been stout against the run which in turn had offenses attacking the secondary which is the smart thing to do by any DC. The Steelers secondary have been taking the heat for this over the last several years. Any coach will tell you the goal is to make them one dimensional and taking away the run is the goal. Doesn't matter if it is your "New NFL" or anything you want to lable it. A team wants to run the football for various reasons which is football 101 & I'm hoping you know why. The Steelers run defense have allowed them to do this for many years. No matter how bad the secondary has been labeled the Steelers have taken their ability to stop the run and turned it into playoffs births, divisional & conference titles, SB appearance & SB Titles. The same can be said for the "lacking" OL. Since you seem to be all about the stats...Let me speak your language and use stats to open your eyes.

2010 Steelers D gave up 3.0 YPC while yielding 62.8 YPG. The 2011 Steekers D is giving up 4.5 YPC while yielding 107.1 YPG. That's 1.5 YPC and 44 yards. The Steelers have gone from ranking #1 in both those stats in 2010 to ranking #18 in YPC to #11 in YPG. The two teams with winning records we lost to....BAL 31-170-5.5 & HOU 35-180-5.1. Uh-Oh!

"But we are #1 against the pass!" We did that by...Bringing in a Top FA? No. How about a 1st rounder who is playing lights-out? No again. Faces are the same. We have a healthy Troy...That is a plus. Gay has elevated his play and Lewis looks to be settling in...But the faces are the same. But how good are we? How good are we against what competition? In 2010 the Steelers allowed 61.2 completion % at 37 APG. Yielding 214 yards a game with a rating of 73.1 against. In 2011 the Steelers are allowing 56 completion % at 33 APG. Yielding 171 yards a game with a rating of 81 against. Less completion %, less attempts, less yards, but better rating against. Factor in the competition. The 43 less yards & 4 less attempts a game....But giving up 44 more yards rushing. Do you think there is any relation? If I'm getting in 2nd and medium because I can get 4-5 yards a carry on 1st down...What do you think that does to an OC play calling? And you think the concern is on the offensive side of the ball? Lets look at that.

2010 the Steelers rushing offense was 120 YPG with a 4.1 AVG. Gave up 2.68 sacks a game...One per every 11.1 attempts with a QB rating of 95.2-Completion % of 62.2 & 8.1 per attempt. 2011 the Steelers rushing offense is 118 YPG with a 4.4 AVG. Giving up 2.85 sacks a game...One per every 11.8 attempts with a QB rating of 96.1-Completion % of 63.1 & 8.4 attempt.

Spoke your language. I "addressed the actual statistics at this point". Although I still feel the OG position needs to be addressed....I see bigger concern in the Steelers run defense and I witness it every game. It is the hinge of any defense and most importantly the catalyst of the DL pressure defense. When we meet up with a passing team....The door COULD fall off if the youngsters don't step up. The the thing about rushing D with an aging front...It could be a tumbling effect as it takes its toll as the season goes down the stretch. What I feel bad about is I can see this by watching the games and not needing to go back and pull up statistics just to satisfy you. Take you eyes off the ball and the box scores....There is alot going on inside the white lines that you seem to be missing.

NJ-STEELER
10-24-2011, 05:26 PM
when colon comes to camp, it will be nearly 3 years since he saw football action that counts. i wouldn't pencil him in for anythingt yet.

gilbert is playing RT now. and if he does well there i wouldnt be surprised if they keep him there. i can see them Draft a LT and have max as a stop gap until he's ready

Steel Life
10-24-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm going to hope they make a move for one of the top-flight OTs, but I'll predict Vinny Curry as Harrison's replacement. Then Alabama's TE Michael Williams before a parade of OL prospects in the middle rounds. You want an interior DL prospect?...look no further than Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas.

Dee Dub
10-25-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm going to hope they make a move for one of the top-flight OTs, but I'll predict Vinny Curry as Harrison's replacement. Then Alabama's TE Michael Williams before a parade of OL prospects in the middle rounds. You want an interior DL prospect?...look no further than Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas.

Nice Steel Life! Just noticed this post. I like Curry too. He very well could be the next Terrelle Suggs. Not many people are hip to Vinny Curry but watch..come combine time his name will be all over the place. In a 3-4 he will need to drop some weight (OLB). I read somewhere that he goes over 260lbs but he is a major force in an opponents back field.

I think this board would erupt though if the Steelers picked him with their first round pick. :stirpot

Steel Life
10-25-2011, 03:19 PM
[quote="Steel Life":1o9k2jb0]I'm going to hope they make a move for one of the top-flight OTs, but I'll predict Vinny Curry as Harrison's replacement. Then Alabama's TE Michael Williams before a parade of OL prospects in the middle rounds. You want an interior DL prospect?...look no further than Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas.

Nice Steel Life! Just noticed this post. I like Curry too. He very well could be the next Terrelle Suggs. Not many people are hip to Vinny Curry but watch..come combine time his name will be all over the place. In a 3-4 he will need to drop some weight (OLB). I read somewhere that he goes over 260lbs but he is a major force in an opponents back field.

I think this board would erupt though if the Steelers picked him with their first round pick. :stirpot[/quote:1o9k2jb0]
Maybe so...but here's the thing - I just don't believe Worilds will develop into the guy they hoped he would, call it a lack of belief in Va. Tech defenders or our own poor record of 2nd round picks...either one is just as good with me. Also, Carter is just too light to be a constant force - we need a pair of bookend OLBs that scare the crap out of teams & Curry would be a great compliment to Woodley. What are your thoughts on Williams & Randall?

Dee Dub
10-25-2011, 07:52 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":uxq8nrxm][quote="Steel Life":uxq8nrxm]I'm going to hope they make a move for one of the top-flight OTs, but I'll predict Vinny Curry as Harrison's replacement. Then Alabama's TE Michael Williams before a parade of OL prospects in the middle rounds. You want an interior DL prospect?...look no further than Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas.

I think this board would erupt though if the Steelers picked him with their first round pick. :stirpot[/quote:uxq8nrxm]
Maybe so...but here's the thing - I just don't believe Worilds will develop into the guy they hoped he would, call it a lack of belief in Va. Tech defenders or our own poor record of 2nd round picks...either one is just as good with me. Also, Carter is just too light to be a constant force - we need a pair of bookend OLBs that scare the crap out of teams & Curry would be a great compliment to Woodley. What are your thoughts on Williams & Randall?[/quote:uxq8nrxm]

Randall is a beast. But I think in a 3-4 he is better suited as a DT not NT. Not sure if that was what you were looking at with him? I prefer Brandon Thompson of Clemson as a 3-4 NT. Scouts Inc. has Kheeston Randall ranked as the 19th best player right now. Thompson is ranked 13th.

I haven't had much focus on TE's and especially Williams but I will tell you in the middle rounds I would not be opposed to looking for Millers heir apparent. I like Rhett Ellison of USC because one, he can catch, two he can block, and three he is used often as a FB as well.

Dee Dub
10-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Maybe so...but here's the thing - I just don't believe Worilds will develop into the guy they hoped he would, call it a lack of belief in Va. Tech defenders or our own poor record of 2nd round picks...either one is just as good with me. Also, Carter is just too light to be a constant force - we need a pair of bookend OLBs that scare the crap out of teams & Curry would be a great compliment to Woodley. What are your thoughts on Williams & Randall?

I will tell you though there is one player from Alabama I have been watching closely and that is LB Nico Johnson. Very intriguing. I think he maybe a big value pick second or third round as a possible ILB in a 3-4.