PDA

View Full Version : Did Legs make that much of a Difference?

chiken
10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
what in the world happened to the pocket Ben had in the first couple of Drives. Everything was going Great, Ben was clean and had tons of time in the pocket - and was sharp.. Then the dang on wheels fell off when Legs left the game. I have never seen Ben go from World Beater to "Cant hit the floor with a spike" in a single game.. I mean we have seen him suck and then find a groove but never this.
We could barely even run the ball afterwards.. what happen?

Did he lose confidence and started looking at the rush instead of down field?

And in that last play where Ben was sacked - though I only saw it from the Tv - but it looked like they were not 1 receiver running in the middle of the field.. on 3rd and 4 was it.. wow. BA, you really do suck.

Eddie Spaghetti
10-16-2011, 10:28 PM
if i remember correctly, "legs" was injured while a DT walked him back into the pocket.

so, no.

birtikidis
10-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Legs definitely plays better in space then Essex or Kemo. He's not going to be considered a great player, but he's a notch above those two. We did miss him in the second half.

JDSteeler
10-17-2011, 01:09 AM
what in the world happened to the pocket Ben had in the first couple of Drives. Everything was going Great, Ben was clean and had tons of time in the pocket - and was sharp.. Then the dang on wheels fell off when Legs left the game. I have never seen Ben go from World Beater to "Cant hit the floor with a spike" in a single game.. I mean we have seen him suck and then find a groove but never this.

And in that last play where Ben was sacked - though I only saw it from the Tv - but it looked like they were not 1 receiver running in the middle of the field.. on 3rd and 4 was it.. wow. BA, you really do suck.

I'll tell you what happened...

The Steelers got an early lead.

The betting was very heavy on the Steelers to win by more that 12pts, and
tied to many thousands of parlay cards.

The call came in from "The Top", to stop scoring.

Ben and Co. made it looked as real as possible, but I knew WTF was going on...

The FIX was in, and the Steelers don't even cover the "Teaser"!!

There is no way in heck that an offense can go from dominating to inept in
a single quarter...no friggin way!!!

And especially vs the pathetic Jagoffs defense, that couldn't stop a runny nose...in
the first quarter.

The play-calling, the execution, and lack of urgency after the Jags cut it to 7, was
a complete joke...on all of us!!!

This game smells like Hot Smoking Garbage, but the Bookmakers made out just fine.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

JD

PS, I could be dead-wrong, on this, and if so, The Steelers Offense, and Bruce AriANUS
are Hot smoking Garbage, and they suck monkey squat!!!

steelblood
10-17-2011, 09:32 AM
They tried to run LG pull play 3 times in a row after Legs got hurt. On the first, Essex got around Pouncey and destroyed the linebacker. On the second, he got stuck on Pouncey and tackled Mendenhall. On the third, he was slow again.

2 Questions. First, how do you get tired after one play? Second, how does BA call the same play 3 times in a row? Is this the NFL or pop warner? Could someone on this staff please design some nice running plays that didn't come past OCs play books?

NJ-STEELER
10-17-2011, 06:13 PM

I'll tell you what happened...

The Steelers got an early lead.

The betting was very heavy on the Steelers to win by more that 12pts, and
tied to many thousands of parlay cards.

The call came in from "The Top", to stop scoring.

Ben and Co. made it looked as real as possible, but I knew WTF was going on...

The FIX was in, and the Steelers don't even cover the "Teaser"!!

There is no way in heck that an offense can go from dominating to inept in
a single quarter...no friggin way!!!

And especially vs the pathetic Jagoffs defense, that couldn't stop a runny nose...in
the first quarter.

The play-calling, the execution, and lack of urgency after the Jags cut it to 7, was
a complete joke...on all of us!!!

This game smells like Hot Smoking Garbage, but the Bookmakers made out just fine.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

JD

PS, I could be dead-wrong, on this, and if so, The Steelers Offense, and Bruce AriANUS
are Hot smoking Garbage, and they suck monkey squat!!!

i always scoff at a group of guys i know that think every game is fixed. i tell them its ridiculous and if they believe that...they should stop watching the games

that said, if that type of thing does happen, yesterday's game would be a good example.

hines drops a TD that most likely is the start of a romp

and some of the throws ben had yesterday were his worst in his carreer. even when he struggles his accuracy isnt that bad

JDSteeler
10-17-2011, 10:11 PM
They tried to run LG pull play 3 times in a row after Legs got hurt. On the first, Essex got around Pouncey and destroyed the linebacker. On the second, he got stuck on Pouncey and tackled Mendenhall. On the third, he was slow again.

2 Questions. First, how do you get tired after one play? Second, how does BA call the same play 3 times in a row? Is this the NFL or pop warner? Could someone on this staff please design some nice running plays that didn't come past OCs play books?

I have been screaming to high Heaven for 3 friggin yrs that someone does, but it
falls on deaf ears...It WILL remain the same as long as AriANUS is holding the playbook!!!

I also got taken to task by the Digit...Greggy, regarding the play-calling, and the fact
that AriANUS has two running plays in his little book of horrors...

I dont think he has any problem with it, so gotta just deal with it....

JD

pfelix73
10-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Really funny- I thought the fix was in too. I even asked what the point spread was on the chat board right as the game was ending. Makes you wonder if it is....

On another note, anyone notice that BA did call for more I-formation plays on Sunday? Seemed to be more than usual. And I liked it. Seemsed to work well in the 1st half- Mendenhall actually followed DJ most of the time... Then the fix was in..... :stirpot

:tt1

Notleadpoisoned
10-18-2011, 08:18 AM
if i remember correctly, "legs" was injured while a DT walked him back into the pocket.

so, no.

Who the heck is "Legs?"

pfelix73
10-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Doug Legursky