PDA

View Full Version : Five wide open receivers and Ben

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Miss all five, Elite Qbs don't suppose to do that.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Gd 6... You Ben lovers can't defend this one. Game should be a blow out

NJ-STEELER
10-16-2011, 03:28 PM
probably would have been if hines doesnt let a TD go thru his hands

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Or if Ben Hit Brown, Sanders twice for easy tds

NJ-STEELER
10-16-2011, 03:33 PM
pass to brown was after hines drop so thats moot. wasnt as easy a throw/play as the previous play.

not sure what easy one to sanders ur talking about. the bomb where he had to sprint from the pocket and throw it on the run??

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Hines had a man on his back. Brown was open by 2y ds. The one to Sanders. Ben was in the pocket with plenty of time.

NJ-STEELER
10-16-2011, 03:41 PM
the easier throw/catch is the one right in front. there was no one between ben and hines and there was time to throw.

the ball to brown had to be thrown over the jags defender with another jags player closing in on ben

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 03:52 PM
You mean like Blain ust did with Foote closing in on him. AFn rookie. Give me a break.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Even the announcers was talking about how cold Ben was. What one or two completions in the whole second half. He stunk period!

Snatch98
10-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Are you really ignoring the fact that Ben is playing on a bum foot? I'm not saying some of those passes couldn't have been more accurate but he is playing hobbled and through a great deal of pain. The guy gets a pass in my book. If Hines caught that ball as already mentioned that's another 7 points.

NJ-STEELER
10-16-2011, 04:01 PM
yes. good throw by gabbert.

how does that change the fact that the play to ward was an easier throw/catch then the following play??

the same play they scored a TD on last week

LouSteel
10-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Are you really ignoring the fact that Ben is playing on a bum foot? I'm not saying some of those passes couldn't have been more accurate but he is playing hobbled and through a great deal of pain. The guy gets a pass in my book. If Hines caught that ball as already mentioned that's another 7 points.

All the more reason to work the short, quick passing game.

We ignored it completely.

Snatch98
10-16-2011, 04:03 PM

Totally agree. I was going to say in my previous post I don't understand why we dialed up so many deep bombs. Sure we have a ton of team speed and those could have been TD's but as a result we lost downs and yardage for say a short 3rd and allowed the Jags to hang around. I don't know if that's Arians or Ben but either way last week the short game decimated the Titans and Ben still had his deep shots. There needs to be a mix and it OBVIOUSLY worked last week.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 04:04 PM
A pass. Lmao not once was Ben limping, he wasn't even listed on the injury report. The same foot that he passed 5 tds last week. Ben stunk bad today.

NJ-STEELER
10-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Even the announcers was talking about how cold Ben was. What one or two completions in the whole second half. He stunk period!

yeah, he was off in the 2nd half.

actually the whole offense seemed off after that ward drop. they didnt really muster anything up after that.... until that point they seemed to be hitting on all cylinders.

trying to remember when legursky went out. maybe that had an effect

the defense wasnt playing up to the standard they set in the 1st half either if you want to point fingers on why we struggled

NJ-STEELER
10-16-2011, 04:08 PM

it seemed to be there when we went up early. i brought up a point last week saying defenses will adjust to it so we'll need to do more then just the 3 step drops.

mathis sat on a short route and almost had a pick 6 there

Steel Life
10-16-2011, 04:09 PM
On those deep passes I think the wind had some effect...but bad days are going to happen sometimes (especially with this offense).

Snatch98
10-16-2011, 04:10 PM
A pass. Lmao not once was Ben limping, he wasn't even listed on the injury report. The same foot that he passed 5 tds last week. Ben stunk bad today.

Because instead of going for the short to intermediate stuff and then the occasional deep shot Ben must have taken 6 or more deep shots for no yardage. It kept points off the board. One question remains, is it Bruce Arians dialing up those bombs or is it Ben? Either way far too many deep shots that lead to stalled drives. Your Ben hate is amusing. We still won the game and Hines dropped a sure TD in the end zone.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 04:15 PM
It's just funny too me that Ben always get a free pass. Now it's the defense? The same d that held Blain close to a hundred yds passing and 6 sacks and Drew under a100 yds. Now this Is too funny

NJ-STEELER
10-16-2011, 04:21 PM
all i said was the defense didnt play as well as they did in the 1st half.

do you really disagree with that?

4 sacks in the 1st half vs. none in the 2nd half until the last minute of the game.

did i start a thread to b!tch about them because they werent playing like a top unit in the 2nd half (like they are paid to be) like you did here with the QB?

should i break it down individually so you can center the blame on someone on defense? like you've done with the offense or does that label me as giving ben a free pass? (troy, keisel, and woodley played well)

for the record, show me where i said ben played well in the 2nd half? or where i gave him a free pass? i said the offense seemd to stall after we didnt finish that drive with a TD after hines didnt come down with the catch

DukieBoy
10-16-2011, 04:39 PM

Because instead of going for the short to intermediate stuff and then the occasional deep shot Ben must have taken 6 or more deep shots for no yardage. It kept points off the board. One question remains, is it Bruce Arians dialing up those bombs or is it Ben? Either way far too many deep shots that lead to stalled drives. Your Ben hate is amusing. We still won the game and Hines dropped a sure TD in the end zone.

We seem to repeat those bubble screens in previous games, though they didn't work time after time in those games. Today, we had one bubble screen early to Hines that went for about 18 yards ... and I don't recall another bubble screen thrown the rest of today's game. What a puzzle.

55 yards of total offense in 2nd half acc to the radio. Lots of failures to convert 3rd downs in the 2nd half, most on pass plays.

Flasteel
10-16-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm a big-time Ben guy, but he sucked on the long ball today. Arians sucked it up as usual with reverting right back to his 5-step drop game plan, but we would have put up 35 points if Ben is on his game.

Steel Life
10-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Agreed...there were many 3rd & shorts where I thought it strange BA didn't try to overpower them...maybe BA's gameplan revolves around Legursky? :lol:

hawaiiansteel
10-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Agreed...there were many 3rd & shorts where I thought it strange BA didn't try to overpower them...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/iron_city_ap/rLRML.jpg

sentinel33
10-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Clearly a tale of two halves. Ben looked good in the 1st and not good in the 2nd.

I'm just sick and tired of this Elite talk about Ben. I don't care if he is elite or not. I don't care what kind of opinions people have about Ben.

He's not perfect. He's not having a good season. He's not Brady, Rodgers, Manning or Brees. But he wins. And he's is the toughest competetor at his position in the game. Which makes him one of the toughest competetors in football. PERIOD.

I never want to go against him. Elite or not, whatever your stupid opinion, he's the QB I want behind center.

I love Ben. Elite or not.

He's our QB and if you need him to be elite for that to remain, you can shove off.

This justification of Ben being elite has no substance what so ever. He's the same QB no matter what you label him. If that's not good enough for you, again, beat it. Steelers fans don't need you!

LouSteel
10-16-2011, 05:09 PM
I never want to go against him. Elite or not, whatever your stupid opinion, he's the QB I want behind center.

I'd trade Ben straight up for any of the QBs you just mentioned -- well, maybe not Manning what with his neck. But I wouldn't even THINK about pulling the trigger.

The Ben lovers will say "bu... but any quarterback other than Ben will get killed behind this line."

I say that any of those other QBs will refuse to be complacent, will push this team to get better linemen, and won't hold the ball until they get clobbered.

Ben was miserable today. Cut the excuses.

sentinel33
10-16-2011, 05:22 PM
This Offense is still trying to find it's rhythm. Hard to do behind an ever changing Offensive line. I mean 6th straight game with a diff. O-line combination. seriously. Curious how many other QB's in the league are having the same issues.

Further more, how do you know ben isnt pushing for better lineman. I also don't recall Ben getting clobbered today and I have no idea what you mean by complacent, Lou.

And yes, those other QB's would get killed.

I didnt make excuses for Ben. I said he had a good first half and a bad second half. Not elite by any means.

The difference between you and me, Lou, is that you NEED Ben to be elite for some reason. I don't.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Only the BR lovers won't make that trade but I would. None of the above miss wr wide open like that

LouSteel
10-16-2011, 05:29 PM
The difference between you and me, Lou, is that you NEED Ben to be elite for some reason. I don't.

You've got the wrong guy.

I don't need Ben to be elite. I don't need the talking heads to slobber all over Ben like they do other QBs.

What I want to see is a consistently good QB. We've got Jeckyll and Hyde with Ben. You never know if 5 TD Ben is going to show up or if hold the ball for years Ben is going to show up.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Ben always talk about never changing and that he have won doing what he does. So yes he is complacent.

birtikidis
10-16-2011, 05:46 PM

4 sacks in the 1st half vs. none in the 2nd half until the last minute of the game.

I absolutely disagree with that. How many 3 and outs did the defense have in the second half (I believe it was 3). We had just as many. We didn't have a sustained drive in the second half. Sacks don't tell the story. Our offense didn't do anything in the second half. And when you have a 7 year pro at qb, vets at wr and rb and are playing a team like jax with the rules the way they are, you need to sustain drives.

Snatch98
10-16-2011, 05:50 PM

We seem to repeat those bubble screens in previous games, though they didn't work time after time in those games. Today, we had one bubble screen early to Hines that went for about 18 yards ... and I don't recall another bubble screen thrown the rest of today's game. What a puzzle.

55 yards of total offense in 2nd half acc to the radio. Lots of failures to convert 3rd downs in the 2nd half, most on pass plays.

I'm not really talking about bubble screens. I'm just talking about the quick drop with the quick strike that utilizes all the team speed we have in a different manner. The bubble screens are fine but usually end up going to Hines. Despite him breaking one off today he no longer has the lateral speed to break those off. Wallace, Brown, Sanders would be a different story. Last week we used a lot of stuff underneath and it worked famously. Instead of taking those long shots to Sanders we could have taken a underneath or two that would have lead to 3rd and short etc.

Now what IS being ignored here is that if Ben hit on those deep balls and he wasn't far off with a couple. Say he connects on those he's putting up huge yardage and a couple td's. I do think is foot is still playing a role and he's been a little off for a good portion of the season outside of last week when his drops were shorter and passes more precise. Things will come together just fine.

NJ-STEELER
10-16-2011, 06:14 PM

I absolutely disagree with that. How many 3 and outs did the defense have in the second half (I believe it was 3). We had just as many. We didn't have a sustained drive in the second half. Sacks don't tell the story. Our offense didn't do anything in the second half. And when you have a 7 year pro at qb, vets at wr and rb and are playing a team like jax with the rules the way they are, you need to sustain drives.

so they played better or just as good as they did in the 1st half in your opinion?

did i just imagine the jags scored a TD in the 2nd half

Scarletfire1970
10-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Ben sucked today. You happy now?

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 06:49 PM
No, Ben have sucked 5 out of 6 games. Look I'm a Steelers fan for 30 years plus . Not a player is more important than the other. But Ben is one of the main reason for this years performance if anybody doubt that then they are more of a Ben fan than a Steeler fan.

JAR
10-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Tommy Brady stinking up the place...at home against Dallas.. wonder if the sky is falling on the Cheats message boards?

BURGH86STEEL
10-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Tommy Brady stinking up the place...at home against Dallas.. wonder if the sky is falling on the Cheats message boards?

I'd bet money on it. :lol:

Scarletfire1970
10-16-2011, 07:07 PM
No, Ben have sucked 5 out of 6 games. Look I'm a Steelers fan for 30 years plus . Not a player is more important than the other. But Ben is one of the main reason for this years performance if anybody doubt that then they are more of a Ben fan than a Steeler fan.
Or you are more of a Ben hater then a Steelers fan.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Ok I admit I am a Ben hater, the bad Ben that is and I hve seem every game since last year Jets game. Minus last week.

NJ-STEELER
10-16-2011, 07:19 PM

yeah, they're probably bitching out loud how inconsistent he is.

4 ints vs. buffalo a few weeks ago.

they're probably being called brady defenders

lol

sometimes i wonder if some of these so called "hardcore football fans" actually watch other games outside the steelers or just catch the highlights where they only show the the good (for the most part)

hawaiiansteel
10-16-2011, 07:22 PM

Tom Brady didn't have one of his better games, but he was still able to drive his team down the field for the winning TD with 22 seconds left.

looks like the sky will now be falling on the Cowgirls' message boards...

http://media4.stracka.com/my/photos/3/4/7/5/3475371_2010103205211.jpg

DukieBoy
10-16-2011, 07:23 PM

Clutch drive with pinpoint accurate passing by Brady to win that game. That's elite. I hate to say that, but it is truth.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Yea Brady is sucking alright, just threw the game winner when needed, while Ben overthrew when he was. Luckily the Jags suck and or the defense didn't have to bail him again. Maybe JH was right .

grotonsteel
10-16-2011, 07:32 PM
But Ben is one of the main reason for this years performance if anybody doubt that then they are more of a Ben fan than a Steeler fan.

Thanks for crediting Ben for winning 4 games this season so far, even though i would like to give Defense a bit more credit. :wink:

I would not say that offense sucked. They were great in 1st half and seemed to struggle once Doug went out.

Ben struggled in 4th Q. Ben did not get a chance in 3rd Q because of that stupid Mundy penalty and 17 plays 10:00 min drive by jags in 3rd Q. It was an above average Day in the office for Ben but i will take that. If Ben and Sanders could have connected on 2 or 3 plays or Ward could have caught that TD pass things could have been different. Jagaurs defense had held teams under 300 yards all season except 1 even though there record is 1-4. Steelers were able to get more than 300 yards in first half itself. And i absolutely support those big vertical plays. It keeps Defense honest and today WRs were able to go behind the Jags secondary.

JAR
10-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Clutch drive with pinpoint accurate passing by Brady to win that game. That's elite. I hate to say that, but it is truth.

How many 4th quarter come from behind wins does Ben have?

grotonsteel
10-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Yea Brady is sucking alright, just threw the game winner when needed, while Ben overthrew when he was. Luckily the Jags suck and or the defense didn't have to bail him again. Maybe JH was right .

Hahaha....Brady is elite because he threw the game winning TD. When Ben throws a game winning TD he is a game manager.

40 attempts for his 240 yards. 1 TD and 2 INT and he is elite where as Ben sucked for passing 200 yards and 1 TD. Different standards anyone.

BTW i thought you were giving Ben credit for Steelers performance this season. :wink:

NJ-STEELER
10-16-2011, 07:43 PM
another one of those elite Qbs pointed out to us had a couplke INTs losing to what looks to be a very average tampa bay team

i guess when you pick the field vs. the qb of your "favorite team". we'll just see another qb used in comparison this week.
reminds me of a few years ago when some "steeler fans" asked why cant Ben be more like tony romo, carson palmer, or vince young

msp26505
10-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Ben's biggest problem is that he needs an OC who tells him what he is going to do and holds him accountable when he doesn't.

Ben is not a mature human being. His off-the-field problems show one aspect of this, and his on-field play holds him back from being a first ballot Hall-of-Famer.

Arians is stubborn and has no sense of how to establish an offensive rhythm, and Ben wants to keep him around because Arians panders to Ben's need to be a hero.

I wouldn't trade Ben for any QB in the league save for the obvious couple of choices, but I would LOVE Ben if he had a decent OC that would kick his butt rather than kissing it.

hawaiiansteel
Ok I admit I am a Ben hater

I'm not defending Ben's performance in the 2nd half of today's game, he flat out stunk.

however, as a fellow Steelers fan how can you hate Ben? he's the best Steelers QB we've had since Terry Bradshaw...have you forgotten the days of Kordell Stewart, Mark Malone, etc. or would you prefer Charlie Batch or Dennis Dixon?

Steelhere10
I said performance, not record. We are barely beating teams with losing records. Because our Qb refuses to adjust his game when the game of football has changed for the better of the offense, but yet ours can hardly score. The Jags might score more on average than us and we have a vet at the position. They have a rookie.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Ok I admit I am a Ben hater

I'm not defending Ben's performance in the 2nd half of today's game, he flat out stunk.

however, as a fellow Steelers fan how can you hate Ben? he's the best Steelers QB we've had since Terry Bradshaw...have you forgotten the days of Kordell Stewart, Mark Malone, etc. or would you prefer Charlie Batch or Dennis Dixon? Read my post again, I said i hate the bad Ben and we have seen him since the Jets game last year minus vs Ten.

Snatch98
10-16-2011, 07:50 PM
I said performance, not record. We are barely beating teams with losing records. Because our Qb refuses to adjust his game when the game of football has changed for the better of the offense, but yet ours can hardly score. The Jags might score more on average than us and we have a vet at the position. They have a rookie.

Take your doom and gloom elsewhere. Last I checked we won the game today. Hines Ward did drop a TD in the end zone. He apologized afterward. Ben missed on a couple deep shots. If he hits on those you aren't in here on your plywood soapbox. We're 4-2 no matter the competition. The offensive line is playing much better. The running game is firing on all cylinders and you're concerned with a QB that has done nothing but win. The same QB that threw for 5 flippin TD's last week. Just shut the hell up already. You've been saying the same damn thing for 10 replies now. Hit up the Browns board if you want to wallow in your own tears. A good number of us don't do that around here.

grotonsteel
10-16-2011, 07:52 PM

Take your doom and gloom elsewhere. Last I checked we won the game today. Hines Ward did drop a TD in the end zone. He apologized afterward. Ben missed on a couple deep shots. If he hits on those you aren't in here on your plywood soapbox. We're 4-2 no matter the competition. The offensive line is playing much better. The running game is firing on all cylinders and you're concerned with a QB that has done nothing but win. The same QB that threw for 5 flippin TD's last week. Just shut the hell up already. You've been saying the same damn thing for 10 replies now. Hit up the Browns board if you want to wallow in your own tears. A good number of us don't do that around here.

:Clap

BradshawsHairdresser
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
The way some of you guys are describing it, Ben was almost playing this game with one foot in the grave...if he was hurt that bad, why the heck was he on the field?

Quit making excuses. He sucked today. If he's healthy enough to be on the field, he's got to make those plays.

As far as BA goes, he once again showed his true stripes. When you see where your team is struggling, you need to make adjustments that well help put them in position to succeed. Instead, he did about all he could to put them in position to fail.

We are so lucky this was the Jaguars, and not a decent NFL team, or we would have certainly lost this contest.

Snatch98
10-16-2011, 07:59 PM
The way some of you guys are describing it, Ben was almost playing this game with one foot in the grave...if he was hurt that bad, why the heck was he on the field?

Quit making excuses. He sucked today. If he's healthy enough to be on the field, he's got to make those plays.

As far as BA goes, he once again showed his true stripes. When you see where your team is struggling, you need to make adjustments that well help put them in position to succeed. Instead, he did about all he could to put them in position to fail.

We are so lucky this was the Jaguars, and not a decent NFL team, or we would have certainly lost this contest.

I just said that foot has to effect some of his throws. He's a tough QB and plays through the knocks and the bruises. He always has played through the pain. He threw for 5 TD's last week and missed on a few deep balls today. Hines dropped a TD in the end zone as well as I mentioned above. Enough with the flippin crying. We WON the game AND if we were playing another team I don't know that we would have been taking the shots down field. Hindsight is 20/20. The Monday morning BS from some of you around here is hysterical. Take Ben off our roster and we don't win either Super Bowl and we don't reach the one we went to last year. The doom and gloom is reserved for the doomed franchise. The Steelers aren't one of them. I can link you to a Browns board if you wanna go tear up.

hawaiiansteel
10-16-2011, 08:00 PM

:Agree

DukieBoy
10-16-2011, 08:02 PM

How many 4th quarter come from behind wins does Ben have?

No argument from here that Ben has engineered several game-winning drives. I'd like to see some elite consistency from both Ben and the Steelers as a team this season. That Brady Cheats drive was masterful. I hated it and respected it for what it is.

JAR
10-16-2011, 08:09 PM

No one is saying that Ben didn't have a sucky second half, actually the whole team did. What people are getting at is that the so called elite QBs get a pass when they have a crap game, Ben doesn't by some so called Steelers fans.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 09:15 PM

Take your doom and gloom elsewhere. Last I checked we won the game today. Hines Ward did drop a TD in the end zone. He apologized afterward. Ben missed on a couple deep shots. If he hits on those you aren't in here on your plywood soapbox. We're 4-2 no matter the competition. The offensive line is playing much better. The running game is firing on all cylinders and you're concerned with a QB that has done nothing but win. The same QB that threw for 5 flippin TD's last week. Just shut the hell up already. You've been saying the same damn thing for 10 replies now. Hit up the Browns board if you want to wallow in your own tears. A good number of us don't do that around here.This is a message board where some come to express their concern or applaud the team performance. If you have a problem with that maybe you should go else where. It is not doom and gloom, if you are happy with your QB of late, then maybe you should stop drinking the kool aid. We have only played one playoff worthy team but yet you act as if everything ok.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 09:18 PM

No one is saying that Ben didn't have a sucky second half, actually the whole team did. What people are getting at is that the so called elite QBs get a pass when they have a crap game, Ben doesn't by some so called Steelers fans.The only thing i am saying is out of the last 7 -8 games that count, how many have Ben played like he was elite?

BradshawsHairdresser
10-16-2011, 09:56 PM

I just said that foot has to effect some of his throws. He's a tough QB and plays through the knocks and the bruises. He always has played through the pain. He threw for 5 TD's last week and missed on a few deep balls today. Hines dropped a TD in the end zone as well as I mentioned above. Enough with the flippin crying. We WON the game AND if we were playing another team I don't know that we would have been taking the shots down field. Hindsight is 20/20. The Monday morning BS from some of you around here is hysterical. Take Ben off our roster and we don't win either Super Bowl and we don't reach the one we went to last year. The doom and gloom is reserved for the doomed franchise. The Steelers aren't one of them. I can link you to a Browns board if you wanna go tear up.

I'm happy we won today, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking the current recipe is going to lead to success against good teams. I want my team to do what's needed to IMPROVE. Contentment with mediocrity will lead us to nothing good. You might call that perspective "gloom and doom"; I call it HOPEFUL...because IF we make the needed CHANGES, we STILL have the chance to make this a special season.

I realize that Ben helped us get to Super Bowls in the past. I'm thankful for that. But they're not going to give us any wins this season based upon his past successes. It's undeniable that he's got a boatload of talent...but CONSISTENCY on his part would sure benefit this offense. Of course, it's not only Ben's play that could use some improvement. But pointing out Ben's shortcomings seems to be what gets you most fired up.

And if we CAN'T second-guess the execution of the players and the coaching of the coaches, then what is this "discussion" board for? I guess we could ban any criticism at all, and rename it "Steelers Cheerleaders". I'll be happy to buy you a skirt and some pom-poms if it will make you feel better.

Steelhere10
10-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Nicely put BH. I would go half with you to buy some pom poms, if you need me to. LOL

birtikidis
10-16-2011, 10:50 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":2klg5nng]all i said was the defense didnt play as well as they did in the 1st half.

so they played better or just as good as they did in the 1st half in your opinion?

did i just imagine the jags scored a TD in the 2nd half[/quote:2klg5nng]
First half our offense didn't have one 3 and out (if memory serves me correct). It's nice as a defensive player when you're not on the field all the time. And the defense did it's job on the td drive, the special teams just screwed them over with a huge penalty at the wrong time.

Sonny
10-16-2011, 11:25 PM
Ben is comfortably 5th, 4th without Manning, best QB in the game.

I'm cool with that. I had him 3rd 2 years ago, but when guys like Brees, and especially Rodgers, who outclassed him in the SB, get rings, hard to argue any better than 5th.

What ticks some people off is when homers just can't stand to put anyone in front of their hero, and will always find a reason why Ben is better. Didn't that smartmonies guy have Ben at #1 one time? :lol:

I know the offensive line excuses are running out if they keep protecting like they have the last couple games. We have the best set of receivers Ben has ever had, he is officially in his prime, and guess what? He will never be the best in the league, but we always have a chance to win a Super Bowl with Ben, which is all I care about. I'm a Steeler fan, not a Ben fan.

Was Bradshaw ever considered the best?

AngryAsian
10-17-2011, 07:56 AM
In my heart... I know this team can be competitive and play inspired ball when need be.... and one of the major catalysts is Ben... think SB 43 last drive.

In my mind... we are third in our division... our defense sucked the second half because their age is showing... our play calling was crap, and yes BA went back to his lame predictable sandlot everybody run down the field and Ben will try and stay vertical enough to chuck it to one of you gameplanning. Our woes will not fix themselves this season.

For those of you who equate reality to doom and gloom, you are sadly mistaken. Read this for a negative post all you like, but we have defensive issues that were exposed by the top tiered teams last year, especially in the Patriot and Green Bay games. And our offensive woes will continue so long as we show the same predictability week after week.

steelcurtain44
10-17-2011, 08:49 AM
In my heart... I know this team can be competitive and play inspired ball when need be.... and one of the major catalysts is Ben... think SB 43 last drive.

In my mind... we are third in our division... our defense sucked the second half because their age is showing... our play calling was crap, and yes BA went back to his lame predictable sandlot everybody run down the field and Ben will try and stay vertical enough to chuck it to one of you gameplanning. Our woes will not fix themselves this season.

For those of you who equate reality to doom and gloom, you are sadly mistaken. Read this for a negative post all you like, but we have defensive issues that were exposed by the top tiered teams last year, especially in the Patriot and Green Bay games. And our offensive woes will continue so long as we show the same predictability week after week.

Are you kidding me? In the first quarter or so the defense is playing great, and BA's play calling was putting up yards in point, because Ben, completed the passes. In the 2nd quarter on, with the same defense and BA's playcalling, Ben missed open receivers all over the field. This poor offensive showing is on Ben. The dared him to throw the ball deep and he couldn't.

It irrates me to no end how the damn fans of the Steelers belittle and critize every player and coach in the organization, but when the fault lies with no-one but Ben, you all start acting like it's not his fault. Bull ****!!! This is why the debate about comparing Ben to those other QBs are baseless.

Ben problem is one year he has what is considered his best year ever, and the next year either he relax and thinks he turned the corner, or he simply has a huge ego problem. He is way too inconsistent. That's the problem.

feltdizz
10-17-2011, 09:46 AM
I keep hearing fans say Ben was missing open WR's left and right but it was still BA's fault. :wft

Are you really blaming BA for putting Ben in a position to miss wide open WR's? :HeadBanger

AngryAsian
10-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Culpability lies with both... Ben for poor execution and BA for continuing to call the same predictable plays .... 3rd and 5+ yards, and an empty backfield, mmmmm, wonder what the Steelers are going to do? Really? And if Jax was not our opponent yesterday what results do you think would of resulted. Do I think that the OC's lack of imaginative play calling is the sole reason for our stifled under 70 yards of total offense in the second half? No, it was Ben as well and our aging D. Just pointing out that the predictability of the plays were pretty glaring.

Sonny
10-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I don't see a problem with the bombs. Ben hits on a couple of those, game over, and with the score 24-3 or 31-3, we rest starters in the 4th. Problem is, Ben didn't hit.

LouSteel
10-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't see a problem with the bombs. Ben hits on a couple of those, game over, and with the score 24-3 or 31-3, we rest starters in the 4th. Problem is, Ben didn't hit.

Against Jacksonville? Sure...

But if there's one thing about the new NFL that we all should've learned: 17 points is NOT ENOUGH to put a good team away. If we "don't hit" against, say, the Pats or the Packers, we're done for.

I'd much rather BA and Ben get in the habit of working the short and medium game now. That way it'll be there when we need it.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-17-2011, 12:06 PM

But if there's one thing about the new NFL that we all should've learned: 17 points is NOT ENOUGH to put a good team away. If we "don't hit" against, say, the Pats or the Packers, we're done for.

I'd much rather BA and Ben get in the habit of working the short and medium game now. That way it'll be there when we need it.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BURGH86STEEL
10-17-2011, 02:00 PM

This offense takes its shots down the field. Who can blame the coaches for taking shots down the field with one of the fastest WR's in the league on the team? It may seem like it to some but they don't take shots down the field every pass play. It appears that most of the pass plays have short and intermediate options available. This all goes back to the ability of the QB to execute the offense at a high level on a consistent enough basis. I don't believe Ben's made that transition.

birtikidis
10-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Having multiple three and outs in the second half severely puts the defense in a bind. Add in a stupid special teams penalty after the defense plays a good series, and any defense will give up some points.