PDA

View Full Version : Steelers RB Mendenhall ‘ready to go’

fordfixer
10-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Steelers RB Mendenhall ‘ready to go’

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... mendenhall (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AruhnjaF9hxYzSucaUl6AKJDubYF?slug=ap-steelers-mendenhall)

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall(notes) will start on Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars after missing a game due to a hamstring injury.

Mendenhall, who had 1,273 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns for the AFC champions last season, was a full participant in practice for Pittsburgh Wednesday and Thursday. When asked if Isaac Redman(notes) would make his second consecutive start, offensive coordinator Bruce Arians replied, “Rashard’s the man. He’s ready to go.”

Redman had 49 rushing yards in his first NFL start against Tennessee—a 38-17 win—and Jonathan Dwyer(notes) had 107 yards in his second career game. Third-down back Mewelde Moore(notes) (ankle) also sat out vs. the Titans, and he has not practiced this week.

Arians also said that Jonathan Scott(notes) would start at right tackle. Pittsburgh’s former starting left tackle took over on the right side when rookie Marcus Gilbert(notes) aggravated a shoulder injury Sunday.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Man I am so p*ssed I'm going to miss this game (working). Will BA keep up the 3-step drop plays? Will Mendy do as well as RED did? Will the D line look as good, will Foote/Farrior keep up their part again?

I will have to look out for NFL Replay, or whatever it's called.

HERE WE GO, STEELERS!!

JDSteeler
10-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Man I am so p*ssed I'm going to miss this game (working). Will BA keep up the 3-step drop plays? Will Mendy do as well as RED did? Will the D line look as good, will Foote/Farrior keep up their part again?

I will have to look out for NFL Replay, or whatever it's called.

HERE WE GO, STEELERS!!

Get the DTV package on your phone...

JD

Mister Pittsburgh
10-14-2011, 11:28 AM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11287/1181971-66-0.stm

Mendenhall still the man

Mendenhall practiced again Thursday and Arians left little doubt that he will return to start Sunday at halfback.

"Oh, Rashard; Rashard's the man. He's ready to go and everything will be back to normal except for Mewelde, he'll probably still not be able to make it but we'll wait and see until game time. He made great progress last week on that ankle the last two days. He's a vet who wouldn't need a lot of practice time."

Isaac Redman started and ran 15 times for 49 yards against the Titans. He could find himself with more carries as a backup than usual because they do not want to overdo it with Mendenhall, who has 58 carries for 173 yards.

"His average was the same as Rashard last week," Arians said of Mendenhall. "He made some really nice runs but the numbers were the same. We feel very confident in Red[man] when he's in there but it all depends on Rashard. We don't want to get him re-injured so it won't be an overload situation."

Is Arians really so stupid to think that because the avg. per carry ends up the same then its all good? Redman ran 15 times for 49 yards which is an avg. of 3.27 per carry. The difference is he gets that nearly every carry, where Mendenhall gets ten 1 yd gains and then rips off one 30 yard run to compensate the average. One way puts your QB in 3rd and 2, the other puts your QB at 3rd and 8. Big difference. Reminds me of everyone clamoring for this high powered offense with famous Amos and Tommy Gun where our offense didn't get rolling till the Bus started playing again.