PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes says he’s not unhappy as a Jet

hawaiiansteel
10-12-2011, 12:16 AM
I appreciate Plax's and Sanstonio's past contributions to the Steelers, but I'm glad they're no longer on our team.

Jets ship Derrick Mason to Houston

Posted by Mike Florio on October 11, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/masongetty-e1318386188194.jpg?w=250

Only days after he reportedly was benched for running his mouth, receiver Derrick Mason has been shipped to the Texans, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.

Per McClain, the Jets traded Mason to the Texans for a conditional draft choice.

The move caps a surreal series of events in which: (1) the New York Daily News reported that Mason and Santonio Homes and Plaxico Burress complained to coach Rex Ryan about offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer; (2) the Jets issued a statement denying the report not long before kickoff of Sunday’s game against the Patriots; (3) Mason was benched, reportedly for complaining; and (4) Mason denied that he complained.

So now Mason can complain — or not complain — and be benched — or not benched — in Houston.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-houston/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/jets-ship-derrick-mason-to-houston/)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-12-2011, 12:27 AM
I appreciate Plax's and Sanstonio's past contributions to the Steelers, but I'm glad they're no longer on our team.

Jets ship Derrick Mason to Houston

Posted by Mike Florio on October 11, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/masongetty-e1318386188194.jpg?w=250

Only days after he reportedly was benched for running his mouth, receiver Derrick Mason has been shipped to the Texans, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.

Per McClain, the Jets traded Mason to the Texans for a conditional draft choice.

The move caps a surreal series of events in which: (1) the New York Daily News reported that Mason and Santonio Homes and Plaxico Burress complained to coach Rex Ryan about offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer; (2) the Jets issued a statement denying the report not long before kickoff of Sunday’s game against the Patriots; (3) Mason was benched, reportedly for complaining; and (4) Mason denied that he complained.

So now Mason can complain — or not complain — and be benched — or not benched — in Houston.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-houston/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/jets-ship-derrick-mason-to-houston/)

Wait ... you can DO this in the NFL - make trades like in baseball?

:wft - why wasn't that even part of the discussion after the Houston game ... "man if we could get ABC left tackle from team XYZ for a 3rd and two 4th picks ...".

I don't remember hearing that kind of talk at all ... was I just sleeping?

Eddie Spaghetti
10-12-2011, 12:36 AM
derrick mason was traded for being derrick mason.

not sure if you're serious about the steelers trading draft picks for another teams malcontents.

Starlifter
10-12-2011, 12:37 AM
well, the jets OC is a schottenheimer.

nuff said.

Pahn711
10-12-2011, 01:11 AM
This is what happens when you bring in three big name free agent wideouts with big mouths. Maybe the Jets will learn one of these days....nah what am I talking about. Rex Ryan has such an ego that he thinks he can handle any personality no matter how detrimental, but he hasn't had to handle that with a losing team yet.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Maybe the Jets would want to trade to get Cotchery back. Looks like he may not see the field for us...

Pahn711
10-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Maybe the Jets would want to trade to get Cotchery back. Looks like he may not see the field for us...

I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a fourth, and I highly doubt we'd get that considering he's on just a one year contract and hasn't been healthy. Would rather keep him here in case an injury happens, he may get a chance to see the field yet. Besides, I believe I heard him say in an interview he was pretty unhappy over there...

SidSmythe
10-12-2011, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't complain too much about Schottenheimer ... he got the JETS to 2 AFC Championships w/ Mark Sanchez. That says a lot IMO

Pahn711
10-12-2011, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't complain too much about Schottenheimer ... he got the JETS to 2 AFC Championships w/ Mark Sanchez. That says a lot IMO

Oh, that doesn't matter to people around here, Arians helped get to 2 Super Bowls yet hes still considered a major dolt.

RuthlessBurgher
10-12-2011, 10:08 AM

:wft - why wasn't that even part of the discussion after the Houston game ... "man if we could get ABC left tackle from team XYZ for a 3rd and two 4th picks ...".

You still have to be able to fit the player you are trading for under the salary cap. We reportedly had only $750,000 in cap room, and had to extend/restructure Aaron Smith's contract in order to fit Max in on a veteran minimum deal. Nobody trades capable tackles anyway, but even if they did, we wouldn't have been able to fit one under our cap even if we were willing to part with future draft picks (which we never seem to do).

phillyesq
10-12-2011, 10:27 AM

You still have to be able to fit the player you are trading for under the salary cap. We reportedly had only $750,000 in cap room, and had to extend/restructure Aaron Smith's contract in order to fit Max in on a veteran minimum deal. Nobody trades capable tackles anyway, but even if they did, we wouldn't have been able to fit one under our cap even if we were willing to part with future draft picks (which we never seem to do).

Exactly. The cap makes trades difficult in the NFL, and you rarely see player for player deals of any real significance.

Not only do you have to fit a player under the cap, you also have to deal with acceleration of bonuses and issues of that nature.

phillyesq
10-12-2011, 10:29 AM

You and me both. I can't stand watching Santonio do his asinine first down point and drop the ball. It irked with the Steelers, and still irritates me now. Especially since he does it regardless of the situation.

Watching those two in the fourth quarter of the Raiders game, with their foolish looking hats with the flat brims, both staring at the ground and not talking, made me very glad that I no longer have to root for either of these guys to succeed.

Steelers>NFL
10-12-2011, 10:38 AM

You and me both. I can't stand watching Santonio do his asinine first down point and drop the ball. It irked with the Steelers, and still irritates me now. Especially since he does it regardless of the situation.Watching those two in the fourth quarter of the Raiders game, with their foolish looking hats with the flat brims, both staring at the ground and not talking, made me very glad that I no longer have to root for either of these guys to succeed.

A. Brown of the Steelers does this too. Don't like it. Stop it now kid (Brown) while I still like you alot.

Steelgal
10-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Mason won't be complaining about the Jet's OC anymore, considering he was just traded to the Texans. I read it on the Rats board. It happened last night or yesterday.

Eich
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Mason won't be complaining about the Jet's OC anymore, considering he was just traded to the Texans. I read it on the Rats board. It happened last night or yesterday.

You could have read that in the first post in this thread ! :lol:

feltdizz
10-12-2011, 04:08 PM

You and me both. I can't stand watching Santonio do his asinine first down point and drop the ball. It irked with the Steelers, and still irritates me now. Especially since he does it regardless of the situation.Watching those two in the fourth quarter of the Raiders game, with their foolish looking hats with the flat brims, both staring at the ground and not talking, made me very glad that I no longer have to root for either of these guys to succeed.

A. Brown of the Steelers does this too. Don't like it. Stop it now kid (Brown) while I still like you alot.

I loved the first down point. I like first downs....

Do you yell at Ben when he does his hand gesture after throwing a TD? What about the Woodley kick? Keisel whatever? Ike hand wave... Troy prayer signal?

All players do a little something and who knows what it means half the time. Sometimes it's to family, those who past, I think Holmes had a tattoo with his area code...

It's a game... celebrate first downs, first downs are good.

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2011, 01:40 AM
Holmes says he’s not unhappy

Posted by Mike Florio on November 2, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/holmesreuters.jpg?w=250

Last week, we reported that Jets receiver Santonio Holmes isn’t happy with his role in the offense. On Wednesday, he met with the media for the first time since then, and he was asked about the report.

“Never heard that one. Next question,” Holmes said, per Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “I didn’t talk to anybody about it. Never heard about it.”

Right.

Asked directly whether he’s happy with his role, Holmes said, “We’re here winning ball games right now.” (That’s nice, but that wasn’t the question.)

In seven games, Holmes has only 22 catches for 311 yards and three touchdowns. That puts him on pace for 50 receptions for 710 yards and seven touchdowns for the full season, and that would roughly match Holmes’ output from all of last year.

But last year he played in only 12 games.

Though Holmes called his numbers a “pretty good ratio,” he was talking about the relationship between his catches and his touchdowns, which per Brian Costello of the New York Post Holmes erroneously identified as four. So while a ratio of one touchdown in every 5.5 catches would be “pretty good” (albeit as to Holmes not accurate), the issue isn’t how many touchdowns he has in relation to his receptions. The issue is that he’s not being targeted as much as he’d like, and the fact that he’s averaging barely three receptions per game confirms that.

Moreover, Holmes got himself into hot water last month by complaining publicly. So now he’s not complaining publicly.

But he’s been complaining privately. And if he hasn’t been, he’s not much of a competitor, is he?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-unhappy/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/02/holmes-says-hes-not-unhappy/)

RuthlessBurgher
11-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Santonio knows that Sanchez sucks and he had it much much much much much better with Ben. Boo hoo. Cry me a river, smoky. You'd still be here if you weren't a dumbass.

Steelers>NFL
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM
With the way these Young Money kids have played, the Steelers or the fans do not missed Tone one minute. The young guys are a blast to watch. Thanks for the memories Tone. Except the "first down" BS!