PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what Gilbert's injury is?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Twice in two weeks ... I wonder if they'll just sit him for 2-3 weeks or so, except for emergencies.

Snatch98
10-10-2011, 09:41 PM
I don't know the specifics of it but it's his left shoulder. He injured in the first time and appeared to injure it again. I'm guessing a sprain of some sort or a deep bone bruise possibly. As of right now they have the luxury of sitting him until he's healthy because of Starks. Scott can still play RT. Essex and then Gilbert in emergency situation can come in off the bench when needed.

Shoe
10-10-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't know the specifics of it but it's his left shoulder. He injured in the first time and appeared to injure it again. I'm guessing a sprain of some sort or a deep bone bruise possibly. As of right now they have the luxury of sitting him until he's healthy because of Starks. Scott can still play RT. Essex and then Gilbert in emergency situation can come in off the bench when needed.

I also think there could be a small case of pussitis there too.

Eddie Spaghetti
10-10-2011, 10:16 PM

are you talking about gilbert here? if so, i disagree completely.

he showed some toughness the week before when he came back in after being injured.

phillyesq
10-11-2011, 11:08 AM

are you talking about gilbert here? if so, i disagree completely.

he showed some toughness the week before when he came back in after being injured.

Yeah, I agree with Eddie. Whatever the issue is, I remember them saying that it limited the strength in his shoulder. This isn't a pain tolerance issue; it's an issue of whether you want somebody with weakness in their shoulder playing OT.

steelblood
10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah, you are way off here, Shoe. Gilbert has been playing through an injury and done a decent job gutting it out with a bum shoulder. Gilbert and Foster (and Pouncey to a degree) have been our best run blockers lately.

feltdizz
10-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Gilbert didn't have a choice in the game he was injured and had to return. It was pretty much get in there or else.

I think Gilbert has a little Sweedish massage tissue if you know what I mean...