PDA

View Full Version : WFT is it with Lions fans wearing Steel Helmets??

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I mean, for real.

Next they'll be waving little white towels or something.

Oh. ...

Shoe
10-10-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm just waiting for ESPN to say that the Lions are rescuing the city of Detroit from the effects of the recession.

Doogie36
10-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Maybe its just me but the BEARS offensive line sure looks bad on the ROAD as well! LOL Could it be it's just hard to play on the road??? I mean I'd hate to make it sound so simple but what games did we lose again? What games did our OL play bad in again?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Cutler's got Roethlisberger's Disease tonight - no O line, and he's making amazing plays out of the pocket.

And there was a Spaeth sighting!

feltdizz
10-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Maybe its just me but the BEARS offensive line sure looks bad on the ROAD as well! LOL Could it be it's just hard to play on the road??? I mean I'd hate to make it sound so simple but what games did we lose again? What games did our OL play bad in again?

It's you... the Bears OL sucks.

Jay Cutler was sacked a league-worst 52 times during the regular season last year, and he's already been sacked 11 times in two games this season. The Saints dropped him six times and hit him 16 times.

Eddie Spaghetti
10-10-2011, 10:54 PM

Jay Cutler was sacked a league-worst 52 times during the regular season last year, and he's already been sacked 11 times in two games this season. The Saints dropped him six times and hit him 16 times.

lol.

using the bears OL as a measuring stick probably not the best way to try and make a point.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-10-2011, 10:59 PM
The entire Bears team tonight could be mistaken for the Steelers in Houston last weekend.

No O-line, no D-line, linebackers a step slow, in the game at all ony because of a scrambling QB making amazing plays. The resemblance is uncanny.

feltdizz
10-10-2011, 11:13 PM

lol.

using the bears OL as a measuring stick probably not the best way to try and make a point.

How do you pick the 32nd OL in the league?

hawaiiansteel
10-10-2011, 11:27 PM
the Bears OL does suck, but Chicago's OC Mike Martz doesn't do Cutler any favors either by using a lot of empty backfield formations.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-10-2011, 11:28 PM
the Bears OL does suck, but Chicago's OC Mike Martz doesn't do Cutler any favors either by using a lot of empty backfield formations.

Dang, it must be horrible to be in a situation where the OC doesn't game plan to his team's strengths and weaknesses.

Wait. Uhmm ....

Doogie36
10-11-2011, 11:34 AM

How about this one! The Seahawks beat the GIANTS!!! The Bengals beat the Bills.

It's called upsets do happen and good teams do play bad on occasion. Winning on the ROAD is no easy task. It amazes me how good we look at home compared to how we look on the ROAD! I will take any ROAD WIN if we can continue to win like we do at home!!! It's a night and day difference. Yes the BEARS Oline is bad but the road crowd didnt help last night with all those false start penalties!! Silent Counts are no easy thing to do for a LINE!!! You dont have the joy of saying ON 2, ON 2 and then actually hearing your QB bark out the count. QB's lifting up their foot doesnt help the OLINE 1 BIT and IMO puts them behind a good 1/2 second on their counter parts!!!!! It showed last night and it shows when we are on the road as well!

Hate to make such a simple point but our TERRIBLE OLINE sure has looked awesome at HOME in both WINS!!! Difference??? BEN isnt lifting up his leg with 1 second left on a play clock putting the DL at an advantage!!!!

Dee Dub
10-11-2011, 11:40 AM
I mean, for real.

Next they'll be waving little white towels or something.

Oh. ...

It's very simple....when you havent had any success in nearly 60 years, you dont know what success is. So what do you do? You copy someone who has had success.

This is not something knew. I've seen Rams fans wear the the Steel Helmet as well.

Dee Dub
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
By the way...the copying of other teams and fans didnt stop with just the Steel helmets. They were also waving towels and at the end of the game when the on-field ESPN team was interviewing one of the Lions players the crowd started the chant...."Let's go Lions". Which we all know came from Yankee fans.

feltdizz
10-11-2011, 11:47 AM

How about this one! The Seahawks beat the GIANTS!!! The Bengals beat the Bills.

It's called upsets do happen and good teams do play bad on occasion. Winning on the ROAD is no easy task. It amazes me how good we look at home compared to how we look on the ROAD! I will take any ROAD WIN if we can continue to win like we do at home!!! It's a night and day difference. Yes the BEARS Oline is bad but the road crowd didnt help last night with all those false start penalties!! Silent Counts are no easy thing to do for a LINE!!! You dont have the joy of saying ON 2, ON 2 and then actually hearing your QB bark out the count. QB's lifting up their foot doesnt help the OLINE 1 BIT and IMO puts them behind a good 1/2 second on their counter parts!!!!! It showed last night and it shows when we are on the road as well!

Hate to make such a simple point but our TERRIBLE OLINE sure has looked awesome at HOME in both WINS!!! Difference??? BEN isnt lifting up his leg with 1 second left on a play clock putting the DL at an advantage!!!!

I agree on the play clock.... but if Ben and BA had this 3 step drop in most of the away games and Ben took what was there I'm sure the OL would look better on the road.

Ben went sandlot and it ended in an INT at the half. Ben also went sandlot on the quick read that ended up making Scott and the rest of the OL look like idiots in the Colts game.

If the offense runs the plays that are called, the RB's take what is there and the WR's turn around on the HOT reads I'm sure our OL looks better on the road. I don't think anyone expects road games to be easier but we don't expect 10 TO's in those 2 games...

If Ben is quoted as saying he took what was there and we have 5TD's and look like contenders and in the other games he is quoted saying he was trying to do too much and trying to make plays downfield because that's who he is then umm....

why can't fans use their freaking brains and see Ben as the main factor in those games? Is it because they think he can do no wrong? I'm not sure but I think most level headed fans can make the connection instead of letting Ben off the hook by saying his quotes are just for show.