PDA

View Full Version : Ruthless, SN1 and others - was Heinz ROCKING!!????

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Man, it sounded like an awesome game to be at.

You guys that were at the game ... tell us some inside stories please!! :tt2 :tt1

costanza2k1
10-10-2011, 01:55 PM
I saw SN1 on TV a few times, it looked like it was rocking! Way to carry that #7 SN1!

Djfan
10-10-2011, 01:58 PM
I kept trying to catch him on TV, but no luck. I was looking for that hat.

Steelgal
10-10-2011, 02:46 PM

Gotta ask...... does he have a unique hat or something to be able to tell who he is??

Starlifter
10-10-2011, 05:35 PM
from my seats it was an interesting dynamic. at the start of the game the crowd was excited - but extremely on edge. then on the titans first play chris johnson hits it for 20 and the entire stadium shuddered. just imagine for those watching on tv what you screamed on that first play multiplied by 65 thousand. slowly however confidence was restored and at the half I'd say the mood was cautiously optimistic. it was exciting and it was loud but I think we were all on edge and half expecting the bottom to fall out - particularly when they recovered the onside kick everyone knew was coming. still, it WAS loud and it was rocking and the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter were really fun to watch.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-10-2011, 05:47 PM
from my seats it was an interesting dynamic. at the start of the game the crowd was excited - but extremely on edge. then on the titans first play chris johnson hits it for 20 and the entire stadium shuddered. just imagine for those watching on tv what you screamed on that first play multiplied by 65 thousand. slowly however confidence was restored and at the half I'd say the mood was cautiously optimistic. it was exciting and it was loud but I think we were all on edge and half expecting the bottom to fall out - particularly when they recovered the onside kick everyone knew was coming. still, it WAS loud and it was rocking and the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter were really fun to watch.

Thanks for that, STARLIFTER!!!

I bet it went nuts when WOOD picked that off! And the rainbow to Wallace!!

Dang, I wish I could have gone to that game instead of the Houston game in Reliant Stadium I suffered through!

SteelerNation1
10-10-2011, 08:52 PM
It was a great atmosphere, especially coming off that performance in Hou. I was particulary angry at the start of the game (3 out of 4 road games had something to do with that) and was screaming my head off. I was sweating profusely after the Titans opening drive. My end zone was rocking and I was pumped to hear the 1st Renegade of 2011. I got a bunch of texts from people that said they spotted me on tv. I am going to rewatch this week to check it out. I got to catch up with RB at the beginning of the game and can't wait for the Planetsteelers tailgate III.

SteelerNation1
10-10-2011, 09:09 PM

Gotta ask...... does he have a unique hat or something to be able to tell who he is??
No unique hat, just strikingly good looks! :D :D :D :tt1

fordfixer
10-10-2011, 09:22 PM

No unique hat, just strikingly good looks! :D :D :D :tt1
So the hat must cover most of your face :lol: :lol:

Mister Pittsburgh
10-11-2011, 12:09 PM
From my vantage point in 529, looked like a lot of empty seats, even after the lollygagging drunken tailgaters finally made their way into the stadium.

RuthlessBurgher
10-11-2011, 01:35 PM
The crowd was into the game, but it wasn't anything epic. The stands weren't literally ROCKING up and down like they do during playoff games or monumental comebacks.

Some definite worry during their first drive (everything seemed to be moving in slow motion as I was having flashbacks to the Texans' opening drive a week ago). But when we stopped them in the red zone (only to give them a fresh set of downs via penalty) and then stopped them once again (holding them to a field goal) the crowd was most certainly into it.

This outcome of the game was never really in much doubt as our offense kept laying on the points, so it wasn't as raucous as some closely contested victories (the 24-0 victory over Seattle a few weeks ago almost felt like another preseason game in terms of crowd participation since it was a blowout and folks were leaving early...not me, mind you...I don't leave early). There was no reason to even play Renegade against Seattle, since we did not need a big defensive stop late in that game because the result was never in question, so I started to wonder if they would even both to play Renegade against Tennessee (I think they did it just because the crowd was longing for it after such a prolonged Renegade-free period dating back to the playoffs last season, not because the in-game situation called for it).

Overall, I had fun. The game was more of a relief than anything after a trying first month of the season, but I still screamed my head off as usual (my voice is still a bit off even today). I brought one of my neighbors who hadn't been to Pittsburgh for a game since they were playing at Three Rivers, so he really enjoyed the Heinz experience for the first time.

ter1230_4
10-11-2011, 10:53 PM
I was at the game, and the crowd was pretty good. My only complaint is that everybody left way too early. By the time that Ben threw the long TD pass to Wallace more than half the crowd was gone, so they missed it. To me there's nothing more enjoyable than sitting through the 4th quarter of a game that the Steelers lead comfortably, especially on a beautiful day like Sunday was. Why does everyone want to leave so early? Is getting home 45 minutes earlier really that important? You've got 44 other Sundays every year to hang around the house.