PDA

View Full Version : COMPLAINTS THREAD

Doogie36
10-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Lets try something new this week. If you want to complain after a win you can do so here! For those who love to find the faults here's your THREAD! :-)

Steelgal
10-09-2011, 06:22 PM
I was at soccer all day and missed the game. Listened to XM radio, what I could and it sounded like I was missing a great game.

Also would like to complain because I haven't been able to hit the chatroom for Steelers games yet this season (not including pre-season). I miss the chatter!!!

Iron Shiek
10-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I want to complain about the other team kicking away from A Brown as the game progressed. That's bullcrap!

:tt2

fordfixer
10-09-2011, 06:26 PM
This is a dumb thread. Thats my complaint. :lol: :lol: Nice win by the Steelers today

DukieBoy
10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
My complaint is that you were not in Chat today SteelGal. Soccer over chat? That makes it worse. :wink:

NJ-STEELER
10-09-2011, 06:30 PM
2 weeks in a row a kick has been blocked

Djfan
10-09-2011, 06:40 PM
I want to complain that Gal actually has anything to do with soccer. Clearly a fine warranted offense. I'm calling Goodell. I bet he does nothing since it's the only sport he was ever aloud to play in elementary school.

And to miss a STEELERS game for it!!! Mods?

pittpete
10-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Dont like that Dwyer looked like Mendy in the 4th quarter
Ryan Clark 15 yarder
Foote false start on punt return-is he kidding me
Lebeau blitzing his best cover corner in Taylor :Blah

Steelgal
10-09-2011, 06:43 PM
My complaint is that you were not in Chat today SteelGal. Soccer over chat? That makes it worse. :wink:

No soccer games next Sunday Dukie, so I should be there!!! Soccer season is almost over.

feltdizz
10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
the only complaint I have is thinking a complaint thread is needed after total domination vs a good team.

SteelAbility
10-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Ben got sacked once. That's complaint-worthy.

Scarletfire1970
10-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Tomlin should have challenged that non catch by the Titans that lead to a TD. He still sucks at challenges.

Scarletfire1970
10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Oh and WTF was that play that led to a INT just before half time.

SteelAbility
10-09-2011, 07:27 PM
More Complaints:

It's taken this long and a supposed injury for Redman to get more PT.
We gave up 17 points. I really wasn't happy about that.

:P

Djfan
10-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh and WTF was that play that led to a INT just before half time.

I still think Ben drew that one up at the moment. It's a great idea, but plan it!

Discipline of Steel
10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
I was at soccer all day and missed the game. Listened to XM radio, what I could and it sounded like I was missing a great game.

Also would like to complain because I haven't been able to hit the chatroom for Steelers games yet this season (not including pre-season). I miss the chatter!!!

I hate to say it but its hard to listen to the chatter when we are losing because many people are complaining!!! :2c

papillon
10-09-2011, 07:49 PM

Hey Steelgal who plays soccer in your family? Our two boys both play, we're a soccer family. We had the weekend off from soccer; next weekend will be hectic though.

Oh wait, I need a complaint, I'm complaining that people are complaining about Gal going to a soccer game instead of chatting with you knuckleheads. :moon :D

Pappy

DukieBoy
10-09-2011, 08:48 PM

Hey Steelgal who plays soccer in your family? Our two boys both play, we're a soccer family. We had the weekend off from soccer; next weekend will be hectic though.

Oh wait, I need a complaint, I'm complaining that people are complaining about Gal going to a soccer game instead of chatting with you knuckleheads. :moon :D

Pappy

We all must have our priorities, but on this we can agree:

:ratsuck :brownssuck :bungalssuck :Cheers

Doogie36
10-09-2011, 10:04 PM
the only complaint I have is thinking a complaint thread is needed after total domination vs a good team.

I felt this way after the other 2 WINS as well but yet this board has had nothing but COMPLAINTS all year. I learned that some people just love to complain! Figured if we just have 1 NEGATIVE THREAD this week that would be a GOOD THING! LOL

Discipline of Steel
10-09-2011, 10:04 PM

Pappy

I played soccer today, D (of course), and the other team was complaining all game. hahaha

Shoe
10-09-2011, 10:44 PM
STILL not getting the turnovers that you'd like to see.

steelblood
10-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I'd like to complain about how well Heyward played. It was terrible when he pressured the QB over and over.

SteelTorch
10-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Lets try something new this week. If you want to complain after a win you can do so here! For those who love to find the faults here's your THREAD! :-)
Okay...

The offense STILL sucks. :)

Happy? :moon :loser

Steelgal
10-10-2011, 08:49 AM

Pappy

Hey Pappy,

All 3 of my kids have played over the years. Right now DD11 is in a travel league and also been asked to try-out for the Indiana Olympic Development team for her age group. She had 2 sessions in Indy yesterday for the Olympic program. I love watching the Steelers and the NFL, but nothing like sitting on the sideline at your kid's soccer games. I'm one of the loudest ones there too :lol:

Djfan
10-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Hey Pappy,

All 3 of my kids have played over the years. Right now DD11 is in a travel league and also been asked to try-out for the Indiana Olympic Development team for her age group. She had 2 sessions in Indy yesterday for the Olympic program. I love watching the Steelers and the NFL, but nothing like sitting on the sideline at your kid's soccer games. I'm one of the loudest ones there too :lol:

Hey Gal,

Congrats on the daughter's success. Still, it's soccer. SOCCER!!

J/k. See you in the chat room in three weeks.

Steelgal
10-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Hey Pappy,

Hey Gal,

Congrats on the daughter's success. Still, it's soccer. SOCCER!!

J/k. See you in the chat room in three weeks.

Thanks DJ!! Believe, if they allowed girls to play football, she'd be all over it, lol!!! She's definately not the typical loves-Barbies-and-all-things-frilly type of girl. Her main position is goalie because she'd rather get a black-eye (and has) than give up a goal.

I keep telling her she can be the next Hope Solo!!!

BradshawsHairdresser
10-10-2011, 10:03 AM
This thread is too long.

Djfan
10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
This thread is too long.

Complainer.

LouSteel
10-10-2011, 10:39 AM
I felt this way after the other 2 WINS as well but yet this board has had nothing but COMPLAINTS all year. I learned that some people just love to complain! Figured if we just have 1 NEGATIVE THREAD this week that would be a GOOD THING! LOL

This is the first game that didn't leave a bad taste in our mouths. Hell of a win. But a few complaints nonetheless:

The OL still isn't looking up to snuff in run blocking. They were good, and much better than weeks past, but plenty of room for improvement.

ST gaffes: blocks last week and this week? Come on.

BONEHEADED penalty on Ryan Clark that let the Titans start their drive back up.

flippy
10-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Most of the existing complaints are still valid. We've still got some issues in the trenches and trouble getting pressure on the QB.

But all in all, this was our best performance to date. We played hard. There was a great team effort out there and Max and Hokie made a big difference.

And Tenn is a good team. Great overall performance. Definitely something to build upon.

The Oline will improve. Ben won't turn the ball over. But the big question is still the defense for the long haul. Can they control the LOS and get to the QB? I'm anxious to find out if we can get better.

papillon
10-10-2011, 02:30 PM

Pappy

Hey Pappy,

Our freshman made the varsity team, doesn't see a whole lot of time, but he gets about 15-20 mins out of 80, not bad for a freshman. He's a midfielder if given a choice, but, he's played forward and outside backer as well.

Our youngest is a U13 playing U14, because our club didn't have enough kids to field a U14 team, so they combined the two age groups and put them in a U14 division. He's a center midfielder, but plays some defense if have a lead late in the game. He tackles hard. :D

Pappy

Steelgal
10-10-2011, 02:40 PM

Pappy

Hey Pappy,

Our freshman made the varsity team, doesn't see a whole lot of time, but he gets about 15-20 mins out of 80, not bad for a freshman. He's a midfielder if given a choice, but, he's played forward and outside backer as well.

Our youngest is a U13 playing U14, because our club didn't have enough kids to field a U14 team, so they combined the two age groups and put them in a U14 division. He's a center midfielder, but plays some defense if have a lead late in the game. He tackles hard. :D

Pappy

Congrats to him making varsity!! Quite an accomplishment.

My oldest had to play up several years as well. It wasn't bad at first, but when he got to U13/U14, he was one of the smallest on the team. His main position was center mid, but most of the kids he played against could just body him and his last season was a struggle because of it. Now he's finally caught up to his peers, but has moved on to tennis and played #1 singles as a sophomore.

Jigawatts
10-10-2011, 03:00 PM
For those attending the game, every time the Steelers picked up a first down the announcer
says something like, "twelve yard gain and that's good for another Steelers..." and then the
fans yell, "first down!!!"

This is like a bad infomercial where the host says something and the camera pans to the
over-exaggerated, smiley faced audience who finish the sentence. I find this very annoying.

Host: Follow all the simple instructions and you....
Audience: Set it and forget it

And with 26 first downs yesterday I was steaming mad. :o

papillon
10-10-2011, 03:11 PM

Pappy

Hey Pappy,

Pappy

Congrats to him making varsity!! Quite an accomplishment.

My oldest had to play up several years as well. It wasn't bad at first, but when he got to U13/U14, he was one of the smallest on the team. His main position was center mid, but most of the kids he played against could just body him and his last season was a struggle because of it. Now he's finally caught up to his peers, but has moved on to tennis and played #1 singles as a sophomore.

Nice transition to another sport and being the #1 player as a sophomore, that's awesome. I'd rather watch my kids play their sports any day of the week, even over the Steelers. They will only be kids one time and I don't want to miss anything.

If I had my way locally no one would play up. Early on when they are 8, 9 or 10 years they may be the biggest and strongest and be able to play up, but as their development slows (usually anyhow, except for the freak athletes) the other kids catch up and playing up becomes more difficult. I hated that we had to move our youngest son even up one year, he would have been as young as you could be and still play his age group. Now he's almost 2 years younger than kids and when you're 12 and other kids are turning 14 it makes a huge difference.

Oh well, he won't back down, but you can see there are some kids who just too big and fast for him to keep up. His savings grace is that his foot skills are good enough to cover up some physical issues with speed and strength.

He always tells me it will only make him a better player when he gets to high school.

Pappy