PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back big Max.

Steelhere10
10-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Your line play was very stellar and needed thanx.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Wolf was keeping track of each of Starks' plays - he said he did really well.

NJ-STEELER
10-09-2011, 04:21 PM
he's probably a middle of the pack LT in the league

but it just goes to show how bad the other guys in there were

phillyesq
10-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Middle of the pack is a fair description, and there is nothing wrong with having an average starting quality LT. Starks played a great game today (even though he had a bit of help), and it really seemed to steady the rest of the line.

NJ-STEELER
10-09-2011, 04:44 PM

nothing wrong with having an average starting quality LT. .

agreed. much better then bottom of the LTs in the league

actually some of those guys may not even be NFL worthy left tackles

SteelAbility
10-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Amazing what a difference even decent block at one position makes. Now the whole offense doesn' thave to contort to make up for a weakness. I'm thinking Starks was playing with a fresh body. It may have actually been an advantage.

Flasteel
10-09-2011, 04:52 PM
I watched Max on probably 50-60% of the snaps today and he only let his guy get close to Ben on 1 occasion in pass pro and drove guys off the line in the running game (I did think he made the wrong read on one play and didn't block the right guy).

An indictment of our current talent on the O-line?

Yeah...sure.

However, Starks played better than average today and has 2 practices in pads over the past 360-some-odd days. That's what I call above the line! :Boobs

He also looked as trim as I've ever seen him.

Doogie36
10-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Starks was BEAST today!!! amazing how 1 guy can make our HORRIBLE OFFENSE that much better. :stirpot

Djfan
10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Someone in the chat called him "Remax." Very cool!

BradshawsHairdresser
10-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Our FO thought they could get by on the cheap by cutting our two best OTs...too bad we didn't still have Flozell on the other side, but Max brought a huge lift to OL play, no doubt.

DukieBoy
10-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Glad to have Max back; he's got Ben's back.

Snatch98
10-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Glad to have Max back; he's got Ben's back.

He was fantastic today and once Gilbert is healthy I'm really confident with him on the right, especially once he gets his strength up. We just need to find or draft a dominant guard that can play both the left and the right side and that may be all our line needs.

EDIT: Assuming of course that Max can keep it up. He looked pretty fantastic physically as well.

fordfixer
10-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I hate to be Johnny Raincloud here and I too am glad Max is back and playrd well today, but he has been part of the o-line that has been getting Ben knocked around for the last few years

grotonsteel
10-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Our FO thought they could get by on the cheap by cutting our two best OTs...too bad we didn't still have Flozell on the other side, but Max brought a huge lift to OL play, no doubt.

:Agree

Snatch98
10-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I hate to be Johnny Raincloud here and I too am glad Max is back and playrd well today, but he has been part of the o-line that has been getting Ben knocked around for the last few years

I won't disagree but he looks as slim as he's ever been and didn't let anyone near Ben all game. Gilbert healthy should be able to be a impact at RT and the return of Starks allows the team to bounce Scott right until Gilbert returns. It will really then just boil down to the guards. The biggest story of the day was Ben's quick reads and passes. It made a huge difference in keeping him upright and allowed our receivers to make the plays after the catch rather than relying on Ben to extend the play and go for the big bomb. As others have already mentioned on the board hopefully Ben got a taste of playing this way and he continues to employ a similar strategy.

hawaiiansteel
10-10-2011, 04:10 AM
MarkKaboly_Trib via twitter:

Steelers NEVER run well to the left. Props to Starks and Legursky :tt2

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1aMBQrhsI (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/#ixzz1aMBQrhsI)

Starlifter
10-10-2011, 08:08 AM
I too was really focusing on Max and there is no doubt he had a superior game. now, it's just ONE game and let's be honest - the titans didn't have a super mario or a dwight freeney. still, I thought the left side of the line with max, legursky and pouncey did a tremendous job. ben had all kinds of time and was only sacked once.

it's easy to focus on the splash players - but I've always maintained the 5 guys on the o-line are the most critical component to a teams success. a great 5 can take over the game by controlling the clock through the run and giving a franchise QB time to pick apart a defense. they allow your defense to stay fresh through the entire game. even if every drive doesn't result in a score - it usually results in a longer field for the opponent.

or not - as we've seen lately. when the o-line can't produce holes to run through or keep a QB clean - it completely blows apart the teams chances for victory. maybe it's best i'm not kevin colbert. 'ol starlifter would be plunking serious money down for those front 5. we talk about the old men on the defense. man, what I wouldn't give to have in ten years, 5 vets on the o-line that have been here for TEN years.

Dee Dub
10-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Max did a great job today. And I agree...physically he looked trimmed down a little.

hawaiiansteel
10-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Max did a great job today. And I agree...physically he looked trimmed down a little.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011
by Mark Madden

THE BLOW-AWAY DIET!

http://youtu.be/xT-OIhG8AI0

Max Starks lost 60 pounds in 10 weeks. He went from an overweight, unemployed loser to the STARTING LEFT TACKLE FOR THE STEELERS!

How did Max do it? Simple! He lost weight the easy way using Playboy Buddy Rose's BLOW-AWAY DIET! http://youtu.be/xT-OIhG8AI0

You, too, can change your life! Be healthier! Be more attractive! Maximize athletic achievement! Maybe even start alongside Max on the Steelers' offensive line! God knows their problems aren't over.

Watch the video, pick up the phone, dial the number, and start losing weight the easy way using the BLOW-AWAY DIET! HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

http://www.1059thex.com/pages/supergeni ... le=9235745 (http://www.1059thex.com/pages/supergenius.html?article=9235745)