PDA

View Full Version : Redman Time!

isonator07
10-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I can't wait to see this!! I think hes the best RB on our team. I like Mendy, but I love Redman. I look for 130 and 2 Td's today if he gets 20 touches. I got the crow ready in case I'm wrong. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Shoe
10-09-2011, 03:03 PM
No need for crow. He's showing old wide-eyes that he better compete, and appreciate his role... otherwise, step aside!

On another note, Hoke should replace that fat complacent SOB Hampton. i.e. We should look for spots where we can replace complacent guys with hungry guys.

BURGH86STEEL
10-09-2011, 03:27 PM
The only problem with Redman's style is that he's bound to get injured. RB's that continuously take those kinds of hits don't last long.

NJ-STEELER
10-09-2011, 04:48 PM
BULLDOZER

SteelAbility
10-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Redman looks great running so low to the ground. He's giving the Steelers a lot of added value just by making the defenders work so hard to get him to the ground. It helps the next play and with sustaining drives.

Discipline of Steel
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Overall 15 rushes 49 yards makes for 3.3 per carry. Not exactly stellar but he does give 100% and not dance around. I still like him as a change of pace to Mendy and of course the short yardage guy. Im sorry BA but Mendy should come out in favor of Redman on short and goal.

Djfan
10-09-2011, 07:07 PM
. Im sorry BA but Mendy should come out in favor of Redman on short and goal.

Are you anticipating something here, DOS?

Discipline of Steel
10-09-2011, 07:23 PM
. Im sorry BA but Mendy should come out in favor of Redman on short and goal.

Are you anticipating something here, DOS?

Its just that BA has stated Mendy is his goal line back. I anticipate we will have goal to go and be subjected to Mendy trying to dance his way in when the bigger 'Redzone Redman' will fight and push the pile.

I dont care if its now a passing league, I want to see dudes pushing the pile at the goal line.

BDESteel
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Overall 15 rushes 49 yards makes for 3.3 per carry. Not exactly stellar but he does give 100% and not dance around. I still like him as a change of pace to Mendy and of course the short yardage guy. I'm sorry BA but Mendy should come out in favor of Redman on short and goal.

His overall results don't look that great, but what a difference in the energy he brought to the table. Also, he was great a getting the first down to keep the chains moving.

It was like icing in the cake to see Dwyer bulldoze the way he did too. All in all, I don't think Mendy will be seeing the field very much in the near future.

chiken
10-10-2011, 11:26 AM
I think because Redman didnt really Rack up a ton of yards MEndy will get 1 more crack at it.. if he continues to Dance and not hit the holes then I can see a quick hook and an eventual change in Dept Chart status...

Redman was impressive but wasnt impressive enough to take a job..

Slapstick
10-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Rashard is one of those players who actually benefits from a benching once in awhile...

Next week, he'll run angry, like he did for the whole season after Tomlin sat him against Cincinnati...

feltdizz
10-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Overall 15 rushes 49 yards makes for 3.3 per carry. Not exactly stellar but he does give 100% and not dance around. I still like him as a change of pace to Mendy and of course the short yardage guy. Im sorry BA but Mendy should come out in favor of Redman on short and goal.

stats never tell the whole story... most of Redmans yards sustained drives and kept us in manageable 3rd downs.

I'm not giving up on Mendenhall but I think he needs to get it in gear if he wants to stick around. It's not like he is a fan favorite right now....

Oviedo
10-10-2011, 01:41 PM

stats never tell the whole story... most of Redmans yards sustained drives and kept us in manageable 3rd downs.

I'm not giving up on Mendenhall but I think he needs to get it in gear if he wants to stick around. It's not like he is a fan favorite right now....

:Agree Mendenhall is still a young back but you have to like what we have with Mendy, Redman and Dwyer. Dwyer is freakin explosive.

I'd like to see both Mendy and Redman in the backfield together.

Djfan
10-10-2011, 02:02 PM

THIS!!!! Unfortunately it won't happen until Brucey is gone.

hawaiiansteel
10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
No surprises

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2011
posted by Dale Lolley

No surprises among the Steelers who missed practice Wednesday as Marcus Gilbert, Chris Kemoeatu and Casey Hampton were among those who sat out.

Rashard Mendenhall was back and said he should be ready to go Sunday against Jacksonville.

I would expect Mendenhall to start against Jacksonville, though the Steelers will likely use give Isaac Redman a series in each half like they did against Seattle.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

BradshawsHairdresser
10-13-2011, 06:39 PM
I would expect Mendenhall to start against Jacksonville, though the Steelers will likely use give Isaac Redman a series in each half like they did against Seattle.

Why utilize what worked last week, when you can go back to the ineffective ground game of the first four games?

Shoe
10-13-2011, 10:09 PM
:Agree Mendenhall is still a young back but you have to like what we have with Mendy, Redman and Dwyer. Dwyer is freakin explosive.

No disrespect to you Oviedo, but Dwyer is being so overrated currently by Steeler fans. Like eveyone else, I was impressed by his game last week. He looked like LaGarrette Blount, rumbling down the field. But let's be real: This guy was a blue-chip prospects in college, and he totally fell flat on his face. He came and worked out very mediocrelly, and fell to the 6th round. I think he felt entitled to a roster spot his rookie year, and he actualy did make it (though he did very little that year). This year, his 2nd year... a year after getting his feet wet, and realizing that the 2nd year is the salad year for many young guys who break-out, this guy comes to camp tremendously overweight and not ready to compete.

He is a classic case of a guy who looks great when things are rolling. When it's winning time, when it's that whole "the rubber meets the road" time, he will be nowhere to be found. That's my take on him.

hawaiiansteel
10-14-2011, 01:56 AM
Redman to return to the bench

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, October 14, 2011

Despite Isaac Redman's solid play in his first career start last week against Tennessee, he is heading back to the bench for Sunday's game against Jacksonville.

Rashard Mendenhall took part in his second consecutive practice Thursday, and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said afterward that Mendenhall will start.

"Rashard's the man," Arians said. "He's ready to go and everything is back to normal."

Mendenhall was held out of last week's game because of a sore hamstring. Redman filled in by rushing for 49 yards on 15 carries.

Arians said Redman will see his share of time against the Jaguars.

"We feel very confident when Red's in there," Arians said. "It's all about Rashard. We don't want to get him re-injured, so it won't be an overload situation."

>> Jacksonville cornerback Rashean Mathis has owned the Steelers. Mathis has six interceptions against them in six career games. He returned three for touchdowns. "He does a lot of film study, so he'll probably watch every game that we've played this year," Hines Ward said. "He's been a killer to us the past four or five games on picking up the right things and making plays against us." Mathis has five interceptions against Roethlisberger. "He may be reading me, so I have to do a job this week of studying him," Roethlisberger said.

>> The Steelers are hoping rookie tackle Marcus Gilbert (shoulder) will be able to dress and back up Jonathan Scott at right tackle.

>> Gilbert, nose tackle Casey Hampton (shoulder), linebacker James Harrison (eye), guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee), running back Mewelde Moore (ankle) and defensive end Aaron Smith (foot) did not practice yesterday, while cornerback Cortez Allen (ankle) and linebacker Jason Worilds (quad) were limited. Safety Ryan Clark (quad) returned to practice.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1aj1n2fYS (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_761754.html#ixzz1aj1n2fYS)

Discipline of Steel
10-14-2011, 06:53 AM
I wouldnt say Redzone is returning to the bench. He'll get his licks and hopefully be out there on 3rd and goal at the 1.

feltdizz
10-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Back to normal.. that's not a good thing this year BA. I wouldn't be surprised if Redman really gets benched this game.

Shame on Redman for hitting the hole hard and moving the chains. :roll:

BradshawsHairdresser
10-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Back to normal.. that's not a good thing this year BA. I wouldn't be surprised if Redman really gets benched this game.

Shame on Redman for hitting the hole hard and moving the chains. :roll:

Reward mediocrity. It's a vital component of BA's time-worn plane.

hawaiiansteel
10-16-2011, 09:27 PM
SUNDAY, 16 OCTOBER 2011 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Will the real Pittsburgh Steelers please reveal themselves? Were they the ones who ran out to that 17-0 lead or the ones who barely hung on for a 17-13 victory?

That wasn't Baltimore they were playing and it wasn't on the road. Those were the Jacksonville Jaguars out there in Heinz Field, ripe for the taking, especially after falling behind 17-0. Actually, they were ripe for the taking when the Steelers reached a first down at the two with a 14-0 lead.

This was their third series and they moved in for an early kill today. Rashard Mendenhall had just scampered 68 yards for a first down and then a facemask penalty put it halfway to the goalline, at the two.

It was time for Isaac Redman to come in and do his short-yardage thing, but as we know, the Steelers only use their best short-yardage back when its short-yardage that does not include the possibility of scoring a touchdown. Mendenhall got them down there and dad-gum it, he would get the "glory" of scoring the touchdown.

Usually, when a back runs 68 yards and there is no timeout or TV break or something, they put another back into the game so the one with the long run can catch his breath. Not the Steelers, not on this day.

"We made eye contact," Tomlin said as to why Mendenhall stayed in the game. "He nodded that he was good.''

Okay then. Mendy stays in, Mendy gets the carry and is thrown for a 1-yard loss, back to the three. Then came two incomplete passes and a short field goal to make it 17-0.

You put Redman in there and run the ball three times up the gut and then if you don't score, okay, kick it. I'd take my chances on that. But, nope, got to give those touchdowns to the right guy.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... -next-game

Discipline of Steel
10-16-2011, 10:23 PM
"We made eye contact," Tomlin said, "He nodded that he understood why Redman was going into the game at that particular juncture."

hawaiiansteel
10-16-2011, 10:34 PM
"We made eye contact," Tomlin said, "He nodded that he understood why Redman should have gone into the game at that particular juncture."

fixed that for you... :Cheers