PDA

View Full Version : A Smith extended and

Steelhere10
10-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Redo his contract to make salary cap room. I sure hope they cut ties with him after the season. I think the deal free up about 875 thousand.

TD386Steel
10-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Wonder why? Is it to go get someone else in free agency? Maybe Flozell? Love for Adams to play right tackle or right guard.

Snatch98
10-08-2011, 04:43 PM
That isn't enough room for Flozell is it? Could they actually be taking a look at Curry? Doubtful but you never know. If Timmons stays on the outside and they don't want to play Farrior every down it's either going to be Sylvester or maybe a guy like Curry. I'm open to anything at this point.

pfelix73
10-08-2011, 05:30 PM
LOL, Flozell play G... Yea right. Too slow.

:tt1

Pahn711
10-08-2011, 06:39 PM
That isn't enough room for Flozell is it? Could they actually be taking a look at Curry? Doubtful but you never know. If Timmons stays on the outside and they don't want to play Farrior every down it's either going to be Sylvester or maybe a guy like Curry. I'm open to anything at this point.

Oh, get over it dude. They aren't signing an extremely underachieving former first round pick whose team, despite investing in heavily and generally sucking in defense, can't wait to get rid of.

Btw I can't find a source that confirms this. Why people start a thread like this without posting a link is beyond me.

focosteeler
10-08-2011, 07:17 PM

Oh, get over it dude. They aren't signing an extremely underachieving former first round pick whose team, despite investing in heavily and generally sucking in defense, can't wait to get rid of.

Btw I can't find a source that confirms this. Why people start a thread like this without posting a link is beyond me.

Steelersdepot says it, won't post the articcle ccause he doesn't want us to

Snatch98
10-08-2011, 08:53 PM

Get over what? You act as if that notion is my brain child. The additional cap room isn't enough to sign Flozell as far as I know. Aaron Curry is flaking out in that defense but they run a 4-3. Most are saying he's possibly better suited a 3-4 inside lb. We did just lose Harrison for a few weeks and as a result have to bump Timmons over. I personally don't care one way or another and don't think it's a necessary signing but despite his struggles he certainly has the physical intangibles. Get over it he says. lol I was never ON that wagon. I just find it intriguing.

RuthlessBurgher
10-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Perhaps this had to be done to fit in Max. Reports were that we had $750K in cap room, and the vet minimum contract we signed Max to was for $810K.

If we did have $750K of room, and this deal opened up $875K more ($1.625M), then we take off $810K for Max, that leaves another $815K to possibly sign another vet minimum contract with someone else if more major injuries strike this team from now until the end of the year.

Pahn711
10-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Get over what? You act as if that notion is my brain child. The additional cap room isn't enough to sign Flozell as far as I know. Aaron Curry is flaking out in that defense but they run a 4-3. Most are saying he's possibly better suited a 3-4 inside lb. We did just lose Harrison for a few weeks and as a result have to bump Timmons over. I personally don't care one way or another and don't think it's a necessary signing but despite his struggles he certainly has the physical intangibles. Get over it he says. lol I was never ON that wagon. I just find it intriguing.

This isn't your first post about Curry, so I didn't pull that comment out of thin air. I just found it amusing that you would imply that these two topics being related would be something even slightly probable. The Steelers don't bring in lame duck first round picks from other teams, and this restructuring was all about money.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Perhaps this had to be done to fit in Max. Reports were that we had $750K in cap room, and the vet minimum contract we signed Max to was for $810K.

If we did have $750K of room, and this deal opened up $875K more ($1.625M), then we take off $810K for Max, that leaves another $815K to possibly sign another vet minimum contract with someone else if more major injuries strike this team from now until the end of the year.

$$$
Good forward-looking precautionary move.

steelblood
10-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Why not extend or redo someone who should actually be here?

Oviedo
10-09-2011, 10:13 AM

Why sign Curry when he would take two years to learn the defense before LeBeau trusted him enough to get on the field.

feltdizz
10-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Why not extend or redo someone who should actually be here?

Smith makes a nice chunk of change. I can't think of anyone who deserves to be here taking a pay cut to be extended.

Snatch98
10-09-2011, 01:46 PM

This isn't your first post about Curry, so I didn't pull that comment out of thin air. I just found it amusing that you would imply that these two topics being related would be something even slightly probable. The Steelers don't bring in lame duck first round picks from other teams, and this restructuring was all about money.

The other was in the Aaron Curry themed thread. You act like I'm the one parading it all over the message board. I think it's you that "needs to get over it" because the soap box I'm supposedly on isn't one I created.