PDA

View Full Version : Who gets promoted demoted with Starks on board?

steeler_george
10-06-2011, 01:40 PM
When Starks gets into playing shape and relearns the playbook who gets demoted/ premoted? Where does he play LT or RT or the swing tackle of the bench?

Or do we stay put, putting the end of the musical chairs on the OL?

Scott? Is he back to being the first tackle on the bench?

Gilbert? Does he become the swing tackle or does he go to LT?

Does he influence who is the new RG? Essex? Scott? Gilbert?

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I'd be happy with either of the following scenarios (once Starks works his way into true football game shape, of course):

M. Starks - C. Kemoeatu - M. Pouncey - R. Foster - M. Gilbert (A Gator Club Sandwich)

(gameday backups: D. Legursky & J. Scott; inactive: T. Essex & J. Meredith)

J. Scott - C. Kemoeatu - M. Pouncey - M. Gilbert - M. Starks (3 Gators on the Right)

(gameday backups: D. Legursky & T. Essex; inactive: R. Foster & J. Meredith)

I acknowledge that it is odd that in one scenario Foster is a starter, and in the other scenario, he isn't even dressing for games, but that's just the way it is.

LouSteel
10-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I'd like to see Gilbert bounce to RT and stay there. OL needs consistency, and a young OL more than anything.

My optimum lineup would be Starks/Kemo/Pouncey/Foster/Gilbert. Dress Scott, Legursky, and Meredith. I know the coaches are high on Essux and his positional flexibility, but I think his performance just isn't worth it.

More importantly, we need to get these guys in place and let them gel a bit...

phillyesq
10-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I'd be happy with either of the following scenarios (once Starks works his way into true football game shape, of course):

M. Starks - C. Kemoeatu - M. Pouncey - R. Foster - M. Gilbert (A Gator Club Sandwich)

I like this line and lineup the best. If nothing else, that is a lot of beef around Pouncey, and the Steelers should be able to run the ball and create the threat of running the ball.

I think that Legursky is likely to end up starting at RG when he is healthy. I'd prefer him as the backup, but won't quibble too much either way.

I would like to keep Gilbert at RT. He's had his own problems, but he has potential, which is more than we can say for Scott. Hopefully, by the end of the season, he'll start to put things together and develop into an asset.

LouSteel
10-06-2011, 02:15 PM

I like this line and lineup the best. If nothing else, that is a lot of beef around Pouncey, and the Steelers should be able to run the ball and create the threat of running the ball.

I think that Legursky is likely to end up starting at RG when he is healthy. I'd prefer him as the backup, but won't quibble too much either way.

I would like to keep Gilbert at RT. He's had his own problems, but he has potential, which is more than we can say for Scott. Hopefully, by the end of the season, he'll start to put things together and develop into an asset.

Damn, ruthless beat me to it ;)

I think you're right with Gilbert. The mistakes seem to be mental and to be expected from a rookie, I think. He's a bit slow and missing a few blocks... he's not out there getting manhandled. I think he will settle down as he gets more playing time and develop into a solid player.

If, however, we keep shuffling him around, we'll just hurt his development further.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-06-2011, 02:48 PM
I vote for the Gator club sandwich. Where do I cast my ballot?

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2011, 03:14 PM

http://blogged-down.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/home-croc.jpg

Jigawatts
10-06-2011, 04:27 PM

"Let me ask you a question, how do you feel about frilly toothpicks?"
"I'm for 'em!"
"Well, this club is formed. Spread the news on menus nationwide."

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2011, 08:07 PM

"Let me ask you a question, how do you feel about frilly toothpicks?"
"I'm for 'em!"
"Well, this club is formed. Spread the news on menus nationwide."

Included with every club sandwich order will be a free Gatorade.

You don't have to sweaty and holding a basketball to drink it...You can just be a thirsty dude.

pittpete
10-06-2011, 08:15 PM
relearns the playbook

Believe me, I dont think he can forget RUTFM,WR screen & Bens favorite everybody go deep :cry: :cry: :cry:

steeler_george
10-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Well, it looks like it is a Gator Club up to order this weekend. BA likes the look of RT side.
So it appears, Leg is back to being the back up guard and center, is due to replace Kemo, who is expected to be out a few weeks.

In addition, keep hearing rumours that Starks is practicing only LT and might have grasp of the play book and is in football shape as of now. Read that he might even start on Sunday.

Pahn711
10-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Seems like a no-brainer to me. Gilbert is raw and still has room to grow, its probably safe to say Scott is as good as he will ever be. Starks at LT is the way to go.

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Looks like, at least for this week...

If Jon Scott is good to go:

Starters:
Scott
Legursky
Pouncey
Foster
Gilbert

Gameday Backups:
Starks
Essex

Out Injured:
Kemoeatu

Inactive:
Meredith

If Jon Scott is unable to go:

Starters:
Starks
Legursky
Pouncey
Foster
Gilbert

Gameday Backups:
Essex
Meredith

Out Injured:
Scott
Kemoeatu

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-07-2011, 10:44 AM
To follow up, C Scott was signed to the PS & Malecki was released.